“Best Christmas Ever!”

The Townhomes at Bretton Woods
Reviewed January 3, 2011

The family rented a town house right on the ski slopes.
The staff, particularly the shuttle van drivers (Ike) were outstanding!
Dinner and dancing in the main dinning room were a special treat.
Thank you all for making our family get away so memorible!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed here in one of the condos with my family for Christmas. The unit was in a very convenient location with lots of amenities. The free shuttle was there to take us anywhere on property we needed/wanted to go. That is saying a lot because the property is expansive.

The formal dinner we had in the main hotel was delicious and such a unique atmosphere. The Tiffany stained glass is breathtaking... especially when you know it is original and authentic!

The Cave night club bar with live music was very cozy. The shuffleboard like game brings out the fun competitive edge in everyone.

Skiing was great, even if it was during the huge blizzard. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Snow mobiling was an amazing experience. Very picturesque and memorable.

Unfortunately we ran out of time because I really wanted to go on a sleigh ride, as well as a dog sled ride and enjoy the heated outdoor pool. Oh, and cross country skiing too. Next time...

We have stayed at the resort in the summer time to enjoy the golfing and horseback riding. It is a great resort for all seasons.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tdrf
Reviewed October 11, 2010

If I ever come back to the area to visit I will definitely select the Townhomes as my first choice for lodging. The condo that my sister, friends, and I stayed at was wonderful. For the price it couldn't be beat. We actually came away with a better deal than having two hotel rooms for the cost. Of course this all depends on the time of year.

The condo was fully stocked with all the comforts of home. The kitchen had plenty of utensils, cookware, and dinnerware that made the option of eating in an option. The bathrooms were also well stocked with your standard toiletries. Our condo also had a washer and dryer and some washing supplies. There were plenty of televisions and a DVD/VHS player in our unit. Also there was a fireplace for those really cold nights

There is a resort fee. This resort fee includes wifi, shuttle services among the Mount Washington/Bretton Woods compound, valet parking at Mount Washington Hotel, a tour of the hotel, and other items. Do call to confirm what the fee covers and how much it is before you arrive. That way there aren't any surprises.

While there I do recommend that you visit Mount Washington Hotel. We dined at 'Stickneys' which is located at the hotel. I had the best steak that I can remember. Steak sauce would have ruined this luscious epicurean delight. After dinner we went across the corridor to a place called 'The Cave'. It's styled as a speakeasy with live entertainment. It's a great place to have post dinner drinks.

In total this was an excellent choice and on the top of my list of places to stay when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
OmniManager_1, Manager at The Townhomes at Bretton Woods, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Townhomes at Omni Mount Washington Resort. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time during your visit, and we hope to welcome you back to Bretton Woods again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were 5 adults and 2 small children, so a 3-bedroom, 2-bath townhouse made much more sense than a regular hotel or motel. The location was ideal, as we had tickets to the Mt. Washington Cog Railway the next morning, and the units are right off the access road.
Our unit was great - spotless, fully furnished (including 2 TVs, DVD/CD/videotape players, full kitchen with dishes and silverware, lots of extra pillows, books to read, etc.), and all on the ground floor. A minor annoyance was that you have to check in/out at the resort itself, across Rte. 302, about a 5-minute drive from the units; you also have to take all your trash and recyclables there when you leave. This is also where all the Resort's amenities to which you have access (pool, sports, etc., etc.) are located; we did not have time to check out any of them.
Don't believe what you read on some sites about children not being allowed, or a 2-night minimum - we had no problem booking one night, and even reserving a crib (actually a Pak-and-Play). By the way, a lady named Laurie was most friendly and helpful in obtaining the crib.
Due to a communications glitch between Orbitz and Omni Hotels, our credit card was billed twice, and getting that corrected took literally an entire afternoon on the phone. Also, they tried to charge us twice for the $20 "resort fee".

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2007

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Mount Washington Town houses. I have to say that when I booked the accomadations I thought we were staying just off the property of the Mount Wadhington Hotel which is what I was looking for as I was very intrigued by the Mount Washington Hotel but as we were a family of 5 I wanted a larger accomadation. When I booked the townhouses they gave the impressiion we were very close to the hotel. upon check in we drove to the hotel only to be told that check in was down the road. Down the road they had a nice complex with an indoor swimming pool which our kids liked right way. But we were not staying there either. At this point we were a little upset because we wanted to me near Mount Washington Hotel and our kids liked the area with the indoor pool. We were given an address which was down anotheer road not near anything and we came upon some townhouses. Nothing was wrong with the 3 bedroom townhouse. It was well furnished and contained absolutely everything and more a family could need for 5 night in the area. A full washer dryer large fridge, every appliance possible, microwave, a t.v in every room and very comfortable beds, totally equipped kitchen, way better than mine at home, extra coffee sugar sweet and low coffee filters, dishwashing liquid, laundry soap, shampoo, body lotion, conditoter. In fact the family that owned the condo even left food there which we of course didn't use. I have never stayed in a more well equped town house. there were game, puzzles and art and crafts supplies for our kids. they had frosted beer mugs in the freezer. Family photgraphs as well one with a picture with Bode Milller. Our only complaint was that we thought that we were staying close to the Mount Washigton hotel and we were as far away as staying at an unrelated property. We did use the sports Complex pool and the pool at Mount Washington but had I known i was so far away I might have booked another property closer. The townhouses are amazingly well equped and extremly spacious but are very far from the hotel. mount Washington hotel is so cool I would have liked to stay very close to the property which I thought I booked but instead I ended up at a nice very well equipped modern town house no wear near the hotel.

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank thetripplanner5
Reviewed September 15, 2006

The Townhomes at Bretton Woods are a great alternative to the Mount Washington Hotel. These roomy, well-appointed townhouses are in an area off of the Cog Railway access road, yet easy to get to from the Hotel, the Golf Course, and most areas of the property.

Townhouse renters have rights to use the pools and athletic facilities at the Mount Washington Hotel -- an opportunity that should definitely be taken advantage of.

We stayed there in the summer, and found that there were plenty of units available, but not all units are actually rented, so they can sell out.

We loved the easy access to local attractions, as well as the great swimming holes all very near the property. If you love cold river water, there are some great swimming holes just about a half-mile up the Cog Railway Access Road.

• Stayed: August 2004, traveled with family
Bear Mountain Lodge
Bear Mountain Lodge
#1 of 8 in Bethlehem
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to The Townhomes at Bretton Woods? Share your experiences!