“Still love the view”

The Lodge at Bretton Woods
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bretton Woods
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We stay here every year, and still love the view. We enjoy spending time at the main hotel across the way, but we do NOT care for the $20/day amenity fee. This year for the first time there was no continental breakfast included, and no in room coffeemaker. This is an isolated area. There are tons of pastries to spare over at the main hotel buffet, and they used to send them over for the lodge guests. My hungry 10 year old son remembers and misses this amenity.
The staff was courteous, friendly, and helpful, and maid service was good. We miss Janet at the front desk!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
OmniManager_1, Manager at The Lodge at Bretton Woods, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at The Lodge, and that you took advantage of the opportunity to spend some time at the Omni Mount Washington Hotel as well. Also, we appreciate your feedback and will include it in discussions to improve our service and guest experience. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your continued support of The Lodge - we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

My room was clean. The front desk was courteous. Other than that there is nothing good to be said. There is no sign to indicate the Office, Exterior maintenance is so bad it looks abandoned, I first thought check in must be in some other location.

The office is dingy and decrepit. There are "Ice" signs in many locations where there is no ice. Ice is in lobby entrance. the scoop is broken. All the entrances to the rooms are from a narrow walkway that runs along the rear of the building. My passageway to the rear was filthy.

At about 8 in the evening pickup trucks starting driving in and the locals had a tailgate beer fest in front of the building. There was no coffee in the room and no newspaper. It would be picky to complain about that had the Lodge not charged a mandatory $20.00 on top of the prepaid room rate for these and other services.

An out of state phone call to a number that did not answer cost $14.72.

Do not be fooled by the affiliation of The Lodge with the Mt Washington Hotel. The Lodge is not worth a stay at any price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Radar36
OmniMgr, Manager at The Lodge at Bretton Woods, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

It is disappointing to hear about your recent stay at The Lodge but we appreciate the opportunity to learn what aspects of your stay fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that all of your feedback will be shared with the management and we will do our best to take appropriate actions for improvements.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

We have just arrived home and our primary discussion was about the shoddy way that this motel (and it is just a motel--not by any means a resort) does business. We paid
the two nights charge up front and then when we remitted the key upon leaving, all of
a sudden there was a resort fee. For what? Well, for the amenities across the street,
of course! So, if we wanted an ATM, nice pool, restaurant, or any thing else--it is across
the street at the lovely and expensive Mt. Washington Resort. It is a very unethical way
of doing business.

Not only will we never ever stay there again but I wil relate our experience to everyone
whom I know will be traveling in that area. The rooms had very poor air circulation, the
indoor-outdoor carpeting on the floors was strange, and there were no newspapers.
I did read the poor reviews but gave the place "the benefit of the doubt".. Do yourself
a big favor and look around more. There really are nicer motels and better priced motels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay at The Lodge at Bretton Woods. As the most budget friendly option at The Mount Washington Resort, it admittedly has fewer bells and whistles than other properties at the resort but our hope is that guests will find The Lodge as a budget friendly accommodation option that will also allow them to experience all that the entire resort has to offer. We have done our best to communicate the $20 Resort Amenity Fee through all of our booking channels and apologize if you were taken off guard when this appeared on your bill. This fee allows us to provide guests of all of our properties with shuttle service between all areas of the resort, wireless internet access, historical tours, and much more. We do appreciate that you took the time to share your review and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

The parking lot is empty for a reason.The rudest hotel manager I ever met.The lobby smelled.The few guest that were there looked like they were checking out my car and who was going to take what I had.They will add 20.00 to your tab for the Mt Washington amenities.Over priced, I belive this is where they send the Omni Hotel employees they have issues with.OVERPRICED,DIRTY DINGY ROOMS.
DONT DO IT!!!
STAY AT ABOVE THE NOTCH MOTEL IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE AREA AND CANT AFFORD THE MT WASHINGTON.Hard to belive its the same property.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank roadwarrior059
OmniMgr, Manager at The Lodge at Bretton Woods, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

Please accept our apologies that your stay fell short of your expectations. We are constantly working to improve our service and feedback such as yours opens our eyes to areas in need of improvement. We will utilize your comments to assist with training our associates on the value of great customer service. You are correct that there is a $20 resort amenity fee but this allows us to provide guests of The Lodge access to the amenities of the resort including shuttle service, free local calls, and wireless internet among other thing. We do apologize again for your less than perfect stay and hope you would reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2010

The view was wonderful,the Lodge not so much. We were misled in so many ways I'm not sure where to begin.First the location was a lot further than the 20 minutes from North Conway we were told.Second we were led to believe we were staying in a resort with a lot of amenities we could use at our leisure and I guess we could have...except they were across the road and another half mile in at the main Resort.Third we had no restaurants in our hotel, there were restaurants at the main resort again across the road and in half a mile but the prices are way to high.Fourth we were there for three nights and our tub was never cleaned once,the rooms were dingy and the screen for the patio door was broken and would not open with out a fight.We were disappointed but made the best of it, till when we went to check out and were told we were going to be charged an additional $20.00 a night for an"Amenity Fee" for a total of another $60.00, as we were two couples traveling together it totaled $120.00 for something we never used, never even considered using as it was too far away!!! I talked to the manager to voice my opinions about these problems he was anything but helpful as a matter of fact he was down right rude and would not budge a dollar to even try and satisify an unhappy customer.I work in the customer service business and if myself or any of our staff treated one of our customers the way we were treated it would be dealt with by our general managers and the customer would most likely be reembursed so they could at least feel that they were valued as a customer. So I end this review with the question...where are the general management people and since mine is not the only negitive review on this resort why is nothing being done to set this right????

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank tanya39

We truly appreciate your constructive criticism regarding your recent stay at The Lodge. We have done our best to accurately represent our accommodations through all channels that sell our rooms and apologize if you felt that we did not properly portray ourselves. Because of your review we are going through our information with a fine tooth comb to make sure that we are clearly communicating with those travelers considering our accommodations. While there is a $20 Resort Fee that is charged per night, this allows us to provide shuttle transportation to all of the amenities of the surrounding resort along with free local calls, wifi, and many other services. Please accept our apologies that your issues were not handled in a different manner while you were with us and we truly hope for a chance to have you return and provide you with a great experience.

Reviewed February 28, 2010

I recently stayed at the Lodge at Bretton Woods and I was very disappointed. I felt it was very overpriced. The place was run down and the rooms dingy and beds extremely uncomfortable. The pool and sauna area smelled musty. We were also not told about the $20.00 resort fee. The dining options are also very limited and very pricey. The hotel had coffee in the morning, however with the price we paid I felt a breakfast should have been included. I would not reccomend this to anyone. Hopefully Omni will read these reviews. It is really a nice location and they should consider rebuilding and sprucing it up a bit or lower thier rates. I felt ripped off.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank DanvinNH
Reviewed December 22, 2009

We wanted to stay in the White Mountains and saw that the resort was running a special that seemed like a reasonable deal where we got lift tickets and a massage for free for each day we were there. When I went to book online their website was giving me errors so I called to book and made a reservation that seemed to go smoothly. A few days went by and I had never received the email confirmation they had promised so I called to inquire. They were unable to find my reservation and went so far as to state that I was wrong and that I had never made a reservation with them. I called my credit card company and they confirmed that the charges had been made (they were not yet visible online) so I called back to the resort. They still could not find the reservation and forwarding me to accounting where I wasted a good 30-40 minutes explaining everything once again and they going through their systems and they still could not find it. A day later I received a call - they finally found the reservations - most of my information with the exception of the credit card info was completely wrong: spelling of my name, the address, state, email address, etc I'm not even sure how the credit card charge went through. After straightening the reservation out - I did receive the email confirmation.

Fast forward to the trip date - The hotel from a distance looks like a magnificent palace but upon entering the place feels worn and old. Check in went fine and we got our ski passes and set up times with the spa. The room while "old world charm" was large and clean. Doors open into central halls and at night if anyone is walking or talking in the halls it is very apparent. The bathroom would also make tremendous amounts of noise at night with pipes rattling and water trickling and flowing. We met a few other folks there and they had similar noisy room complaints.

Food - horrible and horribly expensive. Breakfast buffet in the main dining hall was passable but still not worth anywhere near the price they charged. The lunches and dinners we had in the various on site restaurants were terrible and left us very angry with how much they cost. When we complained they seemed truly uncaring and indifferent. There are few off-site options but they are much better priced and better food.

Spa - It had just opened when we visited. I've never been to a spa before but the wife had. It seemed nice enough and there were very few people utilizing the facilities at the time.

Skiing - resort has a shuttle to take you over to Bretton woods ski area. Skiing while we were there was quite good I felt.

Other "attractions" - we did the dog sled and horse sleigh rides. Both had uninteresting routes. The dog sled took you around the golf course out front which wasn't terrible interesting. The sleigh ride took us around the woods in back of the resort and while better than the dog sled route - I've been on similar rides elsewhere which had far better routing and were much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Bethlehem
Carlson's Lodge
Carlson's Lodge
#2 of 6 in Twin Mountain

Been to The Lodge at Bretton Woods? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Lodge at Bretton Woods

Address: 2653 Route 302 East, Mount Washington Resort, Bretton Woods, NH 03575
Location: United States > New Hampshire > White Mountains > Bretton Woods
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bretton Woods
Price Range: $172 - $333 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Lodge at Bretton Woods 3.5*

Located in the heart of the White Mountain National Forest in Bretton Woods, NH, The Lodge offers easy access to countless outdoor adventures, great balcony views overlooking the Presidential Mountain Range and a soothing indoor heated pool. It's your base for outdoor adventures in New Hampshire's White Mountains.

In the shadow of Mt. Washington on Route 302, The Lodge is part of the legendary Mount Washington Resort -- affording guests all the resort amenities, from golf, tennis and swimming to skiing, skating and horseback riding. Or simply enjoy the spectacular views on walks, bike rides and hikes on and around the property. Take a short stroll to the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, where you can sit on the veranda of this historic grand hotel or tour rooms where history was made.

The Lodge is ideally situated to take advantage of five ski areas just minutes away. Bretton Woods, New Hampshire's largest ski area, offers a friendly atmosphere, superior snow and four high-speed quads, while Nordic fans can ski 100 km of some of NH's best cross-country trails at the Bretton Woods Nordic Center. Your whole family will find plenty to do, and there's even the Kids' Club with activities that range from cooking with the chef, to trips, to snowshoe nature walks. And when you're ready to go out, you can use the convenient Resort shuttle to get around.

Each room at this conveniently-located motel has a private balcony or patio overlooking the Presidential Mountain Range and the Omni Mount Washington Hotel. Our indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and sauna offer a soothing retreat. The Lodge's Hearthside Lounge is welcoming and cozy, perfect for a meeting or reception. With activities, restaurants, lounges, live nightly entertainment and other special attractions, there are plenty of opportunities to relax -- but no chance you'll be bored.

The Lodge is located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, only 2 1/2 hours from Boston.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Bretton Woods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lodge At Bretton Woods Hotel Bretton Woods