“Never again. Utterly disappointed.”

The Lodge at Bretton Woods
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bretton Woods
Reviewed December 29, 2013

WAY overpriced. Adequate if you're looking for a place to "crash" between ski days, but why pay $200+ when you can get the same "cheap motel" accommodations just down the road for half the price? Rooms outdated and we asked for connecting and didn't get them. My husband and I had to split the kids and sleep in separate rooms! We were told it was "on the property" with the Mt. Washington Hotel and that we could use their pool. Sure, if we wanted to drive over there, or walk across Rt 302 in our swimsuits. I had decided to "splurge" since it was Christmas week, but this place is no splurge. Half the pillows weren't even on the bed when we checked in!

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary M
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Bretton Woods

Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you only need just a bed to stay, this may be your place. It is obvious this is really a motel. Not a lodge. It is overpriced for what it is. However, it severely needs to be updated. The bathroom counter was barely hanging on. The "comforter" on the bed was from the late 80s. The heating system needs to be updated. The walls are super thin and you can hear everything the neighbors are doing. The lobby their website brags about was not available at all and it was not mentioned on their website that it was under construction. The towels in our bathroom were tattered and torn. Not anything where I would stay again. There are no activities at this "lodge" at all as advertised; the activities are at the main hotel. The one good thing was the free shuttle to get away from this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StarJJ
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I spent Thanksgiving weekend here at the LODGE with my family and friends. It was nice enough. The rooms are in deep need of a makeover.. I attempted to make reservations at the OMNI Mt Washington Resort, which is partnered with the lodge, but were told no rooms fitting my days and needs were available. I then accepted rooms at the LODGE. Hmmm. The staff is very friendly. Cindy at the desk was excellent. The indoor pool was close to our room. and all in all it was a pleasant stay. By staying at the LODGE you are allowed to use the facilities of the GREAT historic OMNI Mt Washington Hotel. A truly beautiful hotel. The restaurants are pricey, but the food is good and the staff very nice. and the historic aura this hotel puts out is exquisite. Having the Omni to hang in made the trip and stay very pleasant. but.. the rooms at the LODGE need a makeover. Come out of the 70's...

Room Tip: Stay at the OMNI Mt Washington if you can
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FoodWriter101
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We decided to stay at The Lodge, because it was close enough to Santa’s Village and was somewhat reasonably priced, although I think rates should be well below the $100 mark. The rooms are a bit outdated, but clean. I would consider staying there again if I had no other options.You get use of all the amenities of the Mount Washington Resort at a lower price. The staff was very friendly. Our next stay will be at the Omni Mount Washington which is amazing!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2013

So my teenage son and I stayed at the Lodge for one night before hiking up Mt. Washington in October 2013. The Lodge is a motel. Nothing fancy. Bed was 'fine', shower was 'fine'. That being said, my wife is pickier than me and she would have NEVER stayed there if she came on the trip with us (which she didn't). Also, I wouldn't have been happy there for more than one night. The bedding looked like it was from the 1970's. The whole place had a VERY dated feel to it.

No in-room safes which most hotels have these days.

The location of the Lodge was VERY convenient to the Mt. Washington Hotel (which is a TERRIFIC hotel) where we had dinner and breakfast.

My main complaint is that I was charged $250 for one night when they really should be charging $50 or so. The place is CLEARLY not worth anything near $250 a night.

I struggled with whether to give the Lodge a 2 or 3 star rating. On the one hand, it really is deserving of a 2 star rating given the quality of the rooms, and the price they charge. However, there is not much to choose from near Mt. Washington in terms of hotels so when you compare it to what's out there- the lodge is not terrible. This was my first time to this area. It looks like there are a lot of tiny, tiny roadside motels that I can only guess must be nightmares. I think that if you are hiking up Mt. Washington and need a place to stay for one night and you know what you're getting into, then the Lodge is fine.

I think that the Lodge is owned by Mt. Washington Hotel Resort (owned by Omni hotels), and if so, they really should put SOME money into the Lodge to make it meet some minimum standard.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Connecticutguy
Reviewed October 15, 2013

for the money- it was awful-over $200 to stay at a motor inn from circa 1970's- my $64 room at red roof inn was nicer than this- this motel is very outdated from bedding to tv to shower to stained carpet etc. etc. etc.... when I spoke to someone on phone making reservations I asked what time the restaurant for breakfast opened and was told 7 am- There is no restaurant on this property!!! False advertising - I will not be staying here again- I will stay in Twin Mountain where there are comparable motor lodges but at half the cost!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank riverrat33523
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The main lodge is beautiful. You can tell that a lot of love and care goes into keeping this property up. We came for the fall foliage and the scenery is spectacular. We stayed in the rustic property up the hill. The place was comfortable. we ate at the bar in main property and it was good. However we were disappointed they would let us eat at table with a view.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sassywm
Manager03575, Manager at The Lodge at Bretton Woods, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for your response. I'm glad to hear you had a great stay at the property. We put a lot of work into the main property and it certainly shows. I'm sorry to hear that we couldn't accomodate with the table of your choice. We hope you will be back to enjoy our property and we will do our best to get you the seating that you would prefer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bretton Woods
Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington Resort
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to The Lodge at Bretton Woods? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Lodge at Bretton Woods

Address: 2653 Route 302 East, Mount Washington Resort, Bretton Woods, NH 03575
Location: United States > New Hampshire > White Mountains > Bretton Woods
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bretton Woods
Price Range: $176 - $289 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Lodge at Bretton Woods 3.5*

Located in the heart of the White Mountain National Forest in Bretton Woods, NH, The Lodge offers easy access to countless outdoor adventures, great balcony views overlooking the Presidential Mountain Range and a soothing indoor heated pool. It's your base for outdoor adventures in New Hampshire's White Mountains.

In the shadow of Mt. Washington on Route 302, The Lodge is part of the legendary Mount Washington Resort -- affording guests all the resort amenities, from golf, tennis and swimming to skiing, skating and horseback riding. Or simply enjoy the spectacular views on walks, bike rides and hikes on and around the property. Take a short stroll to the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, where you can sit on the veranda of this historic grand hotel or tour rooms where history was made.

The Lodge is ideally situated to take advantage of five ski areas just minutes away. Bretton Woods, New Hampshire's largest ski area, offers a friendly atmosphere, superior snow and four high-speed quads, while Nordic fans can ski 100 km of some of NH's best cross-country trails at the Bretton Woods Nordic Center. Your whole family will find plenty to do, and there's even the Kids' Club with activities that range from cooking with the chef, to trips, to snowshoe nature walks. And when you're ready to go out, you can use the convenient Resort shuttle to get around.

Each room at this conveniently-located motel has a private balcony or patio overlooking the Presidential Mountain Range and the Omni Mount Washington Hotel. Our indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and sauna offer a soothing retreat. The Lodge's Hearthside Lounge is welcoming and cozy, perfect for a meeting or reception. With activities, restaurants, lounges, live nightly entertainment and other special attractions, there are plenty of opportunities to relax -- but no chance you'll be bored.

The Lodge is located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, only 2 1/2 hours from Boston.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge at Bretton Woods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lodge At Bretton Woods Hotel Bretton Woods