“isolated B&B”

Rosewood Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Bradford B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed here couple of nights while skiing at Pat's Peak and Sunapee. Both of these ski areas are ~ 9-10 miles away. The B&B itself is nice. The room we stayed in, Adams room, is strangely decorated by our tastes. It's decorated with paintings of Abigail Adams or their child. It's fine, but it gives a spookie feel to the room. The shower is quite poor with old shower head. Breakfast is good. The morning staff is very pleasant. However, we Pat's peak is my worst ski experience ever. It's small, all ice (due to bad season, one of the southern most ski areas in the new england area, and night skiing with limited grooming). We would never ski Pat's peak again. We only ski there because of free lift tickets that came with the stay and we wanted to experience something new. Sunapee was surprisingly much better a few minutes away. It was nothing as ice, only one day later without any new snows or weather changes. It's bigger than Pat's and more variety of terrains. The B&B however is somewhat far from the slopes, making it not practical to stay here to ski at such small ski areas. We had to drive +15 minutes each nights to get dinner. If you're looking forward to quite and relaxing B&B stay, this is fine. I'd get a room with a hot tub if I stay, just pay more, it's worth it especially since our bathroom experience her is sub-par.

Room Tip: I'd stay in some other room than Adams. Get one with hot tub.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Came back to Rosewood after 9 years - way too long.
The room is wonderful - not terribly big but clean and enjoyable.
The hot tub and gas fireplace and candles enhance the romance.
Perfect place for parents to have a getaway weekend.
Breakfast was FANTASTIC! YUUUMMMMMM.

Room Tip: Some rooms are bigger and some have hot tubs and fireplaces. Photos on their web site will help you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2011

this was my first trip to new hampshire and i was planning something romantic and relaxing to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. This was deft. one of the best bed and breakfast we ever stayed at. the decorations all throughout the house made us feel just at home...their breakfasts were delicious!! their staff were so friendly and hospitable. we had their spa basket for two treatment and it was very relaxing.. even their wine and appetizers were fantastic. they are deft all about quality.

Room Tip: i stayed in the dougas fair bank suite!! i highly recommend it but i'd also recommend staying i...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband surprised me with a trip here in early October for the New Hampshire Fall Folliage Sampler package. It included two nights here and two nights at the Candlelite Inn (separate review). Lesley and Dick (and Crystal) made us feel so welcome. We felt like royalty. Our sampler package included dinner at each inn as well as tickets to the Canterbury Shaker Museum (quite fascinating) and a train ride with a gourmet lunch (which was so much more than we expected). We had the best room in the house...on the third floor...It was full moon while we were there and it was just beautiful. We were there about a month ago and my husband is still talking about it. I'm still talking about it because I believe this is only the second surprise trip I remember him putting together in 22 years of marriage. This one far surpassed the last!

Room Tip: I believe the name of our room was the Dreamweavers...overlooked the pond and yard...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lebanon_PASmileyone
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My Friends and sisters have been to Thr Rosewood many time. I LOVE IT ! I have been for Sisters Weekend, Scrap Book weekend and five years in a row, My friends and sister Judy have stayed at the Rosewood to visit the World Quilt Show in Manchester NH. I have recomended this wonderful Inn to many people and yhey all come back with PRAISE ! They have a Journal in all the rooms and have people from all over the world that has visited AND returned!! When you wake up ...and open ypour door all you smell is fresh bake muffins and always a GREAT Breakfast. My cousin and I have a lot of problems with food allergies ,,,all you have to do is tell Lesie and she prepare a wonderful Breakfast for you. I can't wait till I go and sit on the front pourch and see the horses and people on bicycle bilt for two go by.

Room Tip: I have stayed in many rooms, But my favorite is Douglas Fairbanks Suite, From there the Moutains and...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debbie907
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My wife and I have been to the Rosewood Inn several times over the last several years. The last time was in September. If you're looking for a beautiful country escape this is it. I'm an early riser and I walked out of my room each morning about 6:00 am to find the smell of coffee brewing and muffins baking. I would go to the kitchen, get a coffee and chat with the inn keepers or sit out on the back deck, often times to find deer or wild turkeys in the back yard. We have snow shoed, hiked and jogged right from the inn. There are flowers everywhere as well as a beautiful pond with a waterfall. The property is well kept. We have stayed in three of the suites and all were very comfortable, clean and tastefully decorated. The breakfasts are creative and delicious. The inn keepers could not do enough to make our stay a pleasant one. I would recommend the Rosewood Inn to anybody who wants to get away and have some down time in the country.

Room Tip: The rooms on the northwest side have views of the mountains, pond and waterfall.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lou m
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Spent our 20th anniversary there, in the "honeymoon suite" why not right it was a nice way to remember all those years. Played the wedding video and brought the photo album, even got the Inn keepers Lesley and Dick to help finish off the bottle of champagne. Will differently be going back again, I hear Christmas here is wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank smiles42261
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Centennial Hotel
#1 of 6 in New London
Follansbee Inn
Follansbee Inn
#1 of 3 in Sutton

Been to Rosewood Country Inn? Share your experiences!