“What a jem!! Warm inviting cozy nicely furnished friendly. My favorite spot.”

Rosewood Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Bradford B&B and Inns
Woonsocket Rhode Island
“What a jem!! Warm inviting cozy nicely furnished friendly. My favorite spot.”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Spent our 20th anniversary there, in the "honeymoon suite" why not right it was a nice way to remember all those years. Played the wedding video and brought the photo album, even got the Inn keepers Lesley and Dick to help finish off the bottle of champagne. Will differently be going back again, I hear Christmas here is wonderful.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank smiles42261

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My wife and I have now stayed with Dick and Lesley 4 times. We come to experience the quaint-quiet atmosphere, the charm of a historic building and the company of Inn Keeps who make us feel like old friends. Since our first visit in the summer of 2009 we have made the Rosewood Country Inn our place to celebrate special days. This visit was to celebrate Marlene’s birthday and we even got the bonus of seeing a wedding.

We arrived in the evening on Oct. 8 and stayed till the 10th. When we arrived Lesley greeted us with her warm smile and cheerful heart. As with most Inns I’ve stayed in we took care of the business end of things and paid our tab. Then off to see our room, The Dream Catcher, and it is beautiful; warm wood décor, ducks and moose galore, and a tub to die for. We were on the third floor with a corner room. We could open the window and listen to the soft cascading of the brook into the pond just beyond the gazebo. It just enhance the warmth of the of the rustic style king sized bed that was reminiscent of a classic old New Hampshire farm-house bed.

On Sunday morning we went down to breakfast a bit early as we wanted to explore the fall season in the area. Crystal and James assisted Dick with serving the incredible 3 course breakfast. As always it was wonderful. A fresh baked muffin, lemon poppy, followed by a pouched pear, and the entrée was a splendid dish with eggs, tomato, and basil baked in individual ramekins. It was just enough and met all of my pallets needs. (I know breakfast; I was a “Best Breakfast in Boston” winner while at the Ritz) The courteous service was accompanied by good conversation and soft music.

Later in the day as the guests for the wedding started to arrive Marlene and I got our camera and a glass of wine and went to claim a spot on the porch with a view of the gazebo. The trees in the background had just begun to change and we planned when we could renew our vows at the Rosewood some day. The ceremony was sweet and the bride had such a great smile the whole time. It was magnificent. As the day progressed we took our wine to the bar and sat with some of the wedding guests and enjoyed the Patriots game with everyone. (The Groom even snuck a couple peeks but don’t tell the bride.)

I am so jealous because Marlene, my wife, is bringing her mother and her sister for a girl’s night out while I’m off to France on business. I will miss the Rosewood and all it brings to me each time I go. Just one more note: read the guest books in your room. We found people from our home town and others who lived across the country in a town we had lived in about 5 years ago.
My thanks again to Dick, Lesley, Crystal and James.

Ted and Marlene Goodenough

Room Tip: We like the suites.
Key West
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This is an exceptional inn. The room was lovely. The staff was wonderfully friendly and accomodating. The food was great - especially the breakfasts were to die for! I enjoyed sitting on the porch with a beautiful view of the mountains. Highly recommend this inn. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank BoydsKW
Lisbon Falls, Maine
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I choose to have my wedding at Rosewood and it surpassed all my expectations.My family and my husbands parents took over the entire inn for the whole weekend and everything from the rooms to the food were excellent. I would highly recommend this quiet yet very enchanting inn to anybody who wants to relax and get away from the world!

Room Tip: Any room in the inn is great as there is very little noise however the rooms that have jacuzzi baths...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hope, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I have been guests at The Rosewood several times. We always enjoy it. The grounds are beautiful ,and all rooms are tastefully decorated. We've stayed in The Dream Catcher, Mary Pickford, and Nathaniel Hawthorne Suites. We are looking forward to a stay in The Douglas Fairbanks this December. The breakfasts are delicious. Althoguh there is not a self-select menu , the inn keepers will accomodate special dietary needs and requests. This is stated when you register. I enjoy the coffee set up in the dining room in the morning. If you arise early, you can help yourself to a cup of coffee before breakfast. The inn keepers are friendly and always willing to offer suggestions of things to do in the area and to give directions when needed. We have recommended the Rosewood to several friends and will not hesitate to do so again.

Room Tip: Check on line for a description of the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband surprised me with a romantic get a way weekend. Overall, the Inn is charming. There is room for improvement as far as upkeep, both inside and out. The grounds were pretty but the back deck and stairway had green mold that should be cleaned and the gardens around the house and deck could have used some mulch and pruning. The adirondack chairs out by the pond were both broken. Inside, the rug going up the stairs is well worn and should either be replaced or cleaned. Our room was beautiful and clean. The butlers pantry was a nice spot to get coffee, tea and snacks. The common rooms downstairs were decorated nicely and the dining room was large and inviting. The breakfasts both mornings were delicious (thank you Lesley). The Inn keepers were very nice...(Dick is quite funny!). Crystal, the assistant inn keeper, is a very hard worker and obviously enjoys what she does....she is very helpful and friendly. This should not be compared to a 5 star hotel, because inns have a different quality....it's the older, quaint, charming home atmosphere we were after and we weren't disappointed. I would recommend this country inn.

1 Thank carpod
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Not sure how this inn receives consistent reviews of above average to perfect... We came in the front door, and the place was packed in so tight you could barely walk (there was a wedding reception going on). We had no idea how to find the area to check in. After a few minutes of walking around, we finally find a desk, and wait, and wait until someone comes over. Finally a man in a tuxedo comes over and asks us for our name. We tell him, and try to start some type of conversation with him. All we get in response is "how are you going to pay for this? I will be needing payment now". No please, no how was you trip. It was unbelievable. We pay for the room, and get walked over to the stairs, the gentleman mumbles something under his breath, and then tells us to just follow him. We go upstairs, and as he is walking us up the stairs he tells us about the guests fridge, and how the items in there are not free, but on an honor system. He lets us into the room, and then leaves to go back downstairs. We stayed in the Abigail Adams suite. Upon first seeing the room, it was beautiful, then we began to notice that the room actually was pretty run down. Very squeaky floor, cracks in the walls and ceilings. Ripped curtains in the bathroom. Bathroom faucet loose. Really a disappointment considering all of the money that was spent for just one night.

Thank God the weather was so nice outside, as we couldn't have found a place to sit in the living room due to all the wedding guest. We had to find someone at the bar in order to get a drink, as everyone in the place was preoccupied with the wedding. We sat outside and had a few glasses of wine which was charged to our room ($24 dollars for four glasses of wine) After dinner we settled into our room and then found out how terrible the bed was. Beautiful to the eyes, terrible for the back. The bed creaked and squeaked with every movement. The mattress was so uncomfortable that all you could feel was springs going into your back all night. We ended up trying to find a way to stop the creaking of the bed, but couldn't so had to deal with the creaks all night. In the morning we made our way down for breakfast at 8:00 am, the time that we were told to be down there. There was no one down there, and people had begun to wait in the other room. We walked into the dining room to find a few coffee pots, so we got our own coffee. At that point we sat down at a table and waited. They finally started to bring breakfast out. They brought us over a menu, and said that they were not really ready for everyone this morning. The "menu" gave you no choice of what to eat, but there was a note on there stating that the gratuity was not included. I found that to be rather tacky. We ended up leaving the inn right after breakfast.

If you are looking to stay here, I would check to make sure that there was no wedding taking place. Parking was a nightmare, and we had to park down the road due to all the guests that were there. They should not book any rooms if they have a wedding there, as they can not give you the experience that you would expect for the money that you spend. Overall the Inn was below average based on every other B&B that we have stayed at.

2 Thank Jennifer V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Sunapee Lake Lodge
#1 of 3 in Sutton
Maples at Warner
Maples at Warner
#1 of 1 in Warner

Been to Rosewood Country Inn? Share your experiences!