“Never Again!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bow
Toronto Canada
“Never Again!”
Reviewed August 17, 2006

I had a bad stay here about a year ago. Was treated rudely but the staff and was forced to stay in a room that needed to be really cleaned. I was shocked this was a Hampton Inn.

I was traveling back to Concord NH this month and my company said they made me a reservation here. I said I wanted another hotel and told them why. They told me their sales person was in and said there was a new management and totally renovated. First I was confused because I thought they were newly renovated when I came the last time. I said I would give it one more try.

Mistake... big mistake! The front desk girl was nice but clueless. The room was not cleaned well and nothing looked fresh. I stayed one night and went to the Fairfield Inn up the road. I had a much better stay.

• Liked — Nothing, absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — The filth
  • Tips/Secrets — Drive up I-93 two exits and stay at the Comfort Inn or Fairfield Inn
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank SuzyAdams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Montreal
Reviewed July 13, 2006

Made my reservations months in advanced. I was bringing my husband down to the NASCAR races for his 35th birthday. We arrived at the hotel Thursday night to check in. When the front desk agent gave me the registration card to sign I noticed it said we were to check out the next day. I said, "Oh there is a mistake here. I made the reservations until Sunday."

The girl looked at me and said, "I am sorry, the computer says you only requested one night." I said I spoke with a young man and when I made my reservations and specifically said I wanted 3 nights. She said there was nothing she could do and I would have to speak to the someone in the morning.

The next morning I can down and thought someone would help me. Boy was I wrong! Come to find out they did have a room available but it was $100.00 more a night than what I was told. The girl that morning said the samething, "your reservation was only for one night. There is no way we would of rented a room out at the cheap rate on a race weekend. She then said, I could have that room, which by the way was in another wing with two bed and smoking, but I would have to pay the higher rate.

I was so upset that my husband said we should leave. His birthday weekend was ruined! We drove about an hour north to a Residence Inn by Marriott in Lebanon. We explained our situation and the guy at the desk said he could help. He put us in a suite for less than what we were paying at the Hampton Inn. About an hour later there was a knock at our door. Standing in the door was the cute young front desk girl with a plate of fresh fruit and a split or wine. I was totally shocked! There was a note that said, "We hope this makes your visit to New Hampshire a bit nicer."

The next morning we went down early to head up to Loudon. We were greated by a very friendly breakfast attendant. She saw I was grabbing a cup of coffee. She said oh no, everyone that comes down for breakfast gets breakfast. I told her we were in a hurry. She vanished into the kitchen and in minutes came out with a to go box with muffins and pastries. Then she said, "Now you can go."

This hotel made up for the awful experience we had at the Hampton Inn in Concord.

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank Cindy C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2006

I think some of the readers are confusing Bow NH with Bedford NH. The Hampton Inn & Suites in Bedford is only 15 minutes from the Hampton Inn in Bow/Concord. I have stayed in both and my last stay at the Hampton Inn Bow was way below Hampton Inn/Hilton requirements. I had a reservation for two nights last May and only stayed one. I left and went to the Hampton Inn & Suites in Bedford. I found the rooms in Bow/Concord were not cleaned very well and the room I first got smelled like a cat had been in there. The Bow Hampton Inn has been redone but paint and wallpaper don't make a great hotel. If you are traveling in NH and want to stay at a Hampton Inn, travel to Bedford NH and stay there. Only 15 minutes away and a far superior hotel than the Hampton Inn Bow.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portland
Reviewed May 7, 2006

This Hampton Inn is well kept with a friendly staff. It feels very secure and offers a standard, though quite adequate, breakfast. The room was spacious and the addition of a microwave and mini-fridge was a pleasant surprise, especially for the very reasonable rate that I paid. The hotel is ideally located for Concord, but also a short drive to Manchester (the airport is about 25 minutes away) and a good overnight spot for destinations in Vermont and northern New Hampshire. Workout facilities were basic, but included all necessary cardio machines though no weights. Very clean and free cookies most evenings!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed March 8, 2006

Excellent facility. Clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. Would stay again.

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 13, 2005

When I heard my mother had booked a block of rooms at the Hamton Inn, I was frankly worried. I more often stay in Westins and was worried what I would find. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not fancy, but the hotel was well maintained and looked as if it had been renovated recently. The beds were comfortable and they offered a free breakfast buffet in the morning - nothing special, but a nice option if you're on the go.

Easy access to the highway and plenty of parking. I'd call this a stopover hotel, not a place you'd choose to book a vacation.

Caveat - there is no restaurant or room service in the hotel. If this matters to you, look elsewhere.

I would stay there again if I needed a place near Bow.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank swelch
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 17, 2005

I arrived at the Hampton Inn Bow/Concord expecting a Hampton Inn experience. Their typical "100% Satisfaction Gtd or you don't pay".

Well, my stay was far from perfect or satisfactory. Everything looked good but quality is only skin deep. Once I got into the room everything went down here. The bathroom was not clean, the pillows were cheap fibre fill, and the carpet had not been vaccumed for quite a while.

I had called down and asked if they had another room. I was told they did not have another room available to move me into.

The next morning I came down and decided that I would put them to the final test. I said I was not satisfied. The girl at the front desk offered me a 20% discount off my rate. Hm, 20% instead of the 100%? She said my troubles did not qualify for the 100%.

I was supposed to have stayed another night but checked out instead. I drove up to Littleton NH to another Hampton Inn. I was blown away! Total different experience. If you want to stay at a Hampton Inn while in NH, drive past Concord and go up to Littleton. That Hampton Inn is way better!

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bow
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn Concord
Fairfield Inn Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Concord/Bow? Share your experiences!