“A date in hell”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bow
Manchester, New Hampshire
“A date in hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although I made them aware that the person occupying the room had a service dog, she was thrown out of her room at 11:30 pm the last night of her stay, threatened and intimidated by the staff member, and asked to leave on the iciest night of the year under very dangerous driving conditions. I used some points from the reward program to book the room, which should be called the punishment program and found they had not credited a stay that I had previously requested they credit and provided documentation. They had me on the phone a total of 4 hours, they misquoted the amount of points needed for the stay, which meant I came up short after finalizing my plans. I had hoped they would credit me for the stay they had repeatedly failed to include. They told me it was a 2011 stay --forget it, even though it was their series of mistakes that caused the problem. Finally one supervisor tried to rectify. After hours on the phone, she told me she'd credit me but that it would take 4 weeks to post. I got a subsequent email telling me they would not credit a 2011 stay and a satisfaction survey.

Room Tip: Don't book at that hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nik M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
South Kingstown, Rhode island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were able to use a coupon for a double room in the middle of the week at a reasonable price as did others checking in at the same time. The Inn is part of the Hilton chain and has been recently refurbished. The front end personnel were very efficient and accommodating and helpful, answering questions cheerfully. The room was very clean and the beds and duvets were very comfortable. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom which permitted a lot of condensate on the mirrors and the fourth floor room while small and very warm was adequate. There is free wifi which was actually easy to access from the room and very good cable TV. Complimentary hot breakfast was standard with oatmeal, pre-made omelets,turkey sausages, waffle machine and an assortment of yogurts and cereals. The attendant made sure to replenish the stocks and was extremely helpful and friendly. There was a nice assortment of teas and coffee in the lobby and cookies in the evening. Newspapers were available. Major drawback was cigarette smoke on the second floor near the elevators. The first floor has a heavily chlorinated indoor pool and exercise room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordBow, General Manager at Hampton Inn Concord/Bow, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write the review. We appreciate your constructive feedback. Just a note on the bath exhaust - we have rooftop units that run 24 hours/day so there is no motor noise in the bathroom. Will certainly follow up to be sure they are working. We look forward to having you back at the Hampton Inn Concord/Bow when your travels next take you to the Concord area.
Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Overall a good hotel, good location and very friendy folks. The big issue was that they was remodeling the lobby, and 2 other rooms, and the hotel smelled of paint,glue and other smells. The breakfast area was moved to a conf room, they had nice breakfast foods.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordBow, General Manager at Hampton Inn Concord/Bow, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Good day. Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. We all appreciate feedback from our guests and do our best to take steps to improve even further. I appreciate your note about the renovations and we are equally anxious to get the renovation completed; it is scheduled to be complete mid-December.
I am glad my team handled things well and am happy to see the positive food comments as well. We all look forward to your return and to getting your feedback on the renovation! Thanks again,
New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Rooms need upgrades, lots of dust behind bed tables and all along top above the desk. The jets in the whirlpool were slimy and brown, the toilet paper holder was so far away, I was half off the toilet to get some.
I was on the first floor, my view was the front drop off, headlights in my window, no (daytime) privacy sheers either, just dark, heavy roman shades. There was cold air rushing into my room from under the heater, I had to use an extra blanket to put in front of it to stop the cold air from hitting my feet.
The television menu, yet helpful, you cannot control any information needed on any shows, there's no further menu that's accessible.
There's a dust line along the carpet/wall where the vacuum cannot reach. The setup of the room is awkward, You have to keep passing back and forth in front of the television to get around.
The lighting is uncomfortable, annoying and in your eyes, The lamps are not adjustable to get the light out of your face.
The pool was small, there were kids playing ball, screaming and the pool towels wouldn't even reach around me. More like a mechanics rag of sorts.
There's only soda in the machines, no choice of anything else. My daughter hates soda. I had to walk to the nearby Mobil station for juice.
Breakfast was weird and tight due to some construction going on. Yet, no break in room rate for the inconvenience. Or a coupon for a free night stay or something.
I always liked this place in the past but I see it going down the tubes. There's so much competition yet down the street for the same price (hall street, concord, nh) you would think they would try harder to get you to stay there.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank P C
ConcordBow, General Manager at Hampton Inn Concord/Bow, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Paula:

I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At the Hampton Inn Concord/Bow, we always aim to ensure every guest feels they’re getting the most value for their money and your feedback will help us to better deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay; the lobby renovation is underway for this very reason. I have shared your comments with our team and am taking immediate steps with them as we continually work to enhance our guests’ experience. Thank you for your feedback; knowing we take your concerns seriously, we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

In the meantime, I wish you a safe and happy holiday season.

Best regards,

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stay at Hampton fairly often since we belong to Hilton Honors, and this was one of the nicest we've stayed at. Check-in was quick and friendly, the room clean and spacious, and nicely furnished. It's easy access to/from I-89, but nothing else close by.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David Y
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

The HI offers all the services we need and is an excellent value; we've stayed here several times. It's not too far from MHT and nearby where we need to go. I prefer it over a couple of the other properties that we have tried in the area because the staff is friendly and helpful, better quality of linens, nicer furniture in the lobby and rooms, coffee in-room and lobby; just a sense of better maintenance. (As w/ most hotels, esp. weekends it's good to find out if there are groups staying so you can request your room to be located on higher floor/other section of the hotel.)

Room Tip: (As w/ most hotels, esp. weekends it's good to find out if there are groups staying so you can r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Why Hampton Inn ? Free Wifi, excellent buffet breakfast, large room with large bed and windows that can be opened. Well, 2 typical options out of these 5 are not provided in Bow. Most disappointing. Opposite the hotel is a Chinese/Japanese restaurant. Some reviewers seem to have enjoyed some good food here. We can absolutely not confirm this experience, rubbish, bad quality, bad presentation, bad taste. And not cosy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bow
BEST WESTERN Concord Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn Concord
Fairfield Inn Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Concord/Bow? Share your experiences!