“Great hotel, convenient I-89 location”

Hampton Inn Concord/Bow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bow
Reviewed March 11, 2008

This hotel was built in 1990, but seems brand new. Like all Hampton Inns, there was a great breakfast in the morning in the main lobby. I also found the computer in the small "business center" quite useful, as I did not have my laptop with me.

This hotel is PERFECT for people who are headed up I-89 towards Vermont and Montreal, Quebec. It's off exit 1 from I-89 which is the FIRST exit (I think it's called Logging Hill Rd). The hotel is easily visible from the exit.

I had a very comfortable room with a king bed that was COVERED in pillows. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get up in the morning. My travel agent got me a great rate (as he always does) that was comparable to Orbitz and Travelocity.

If your final destination is north of Concord on I-93 (Lakes Region) there are hotels more convenient than the Hampton Inn. But in my opinion this is about the best hotel in the Concord area.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Concord/Bow

Reviewed February 28, 2008

My wife and I often stay in a Concord, NH hotel the night before a flight out of Logan (Boston) Airport. For a change we tried the Bow Hampton Inn. Our stay was without problems or incident. All of the staff were friendly and helpfull. Our room had some wear, visable scuffs and repairs on the walls, but was clean. TheJacuzzi tub (2 seater) was a nice treat before hitting the sack. I asked for a quite room away from the elevator and our room was located on the quiet side of the hotel, (away from the interstate) and away from the elevator as I had asked. Having an early flight we missed the free breakfast buffet but were able to grab one of the bagged breakfast that they offer for free. Nothing to write home about but I must say that it sufficed to get us on the road and to the airport in quick time. Considering the free breakfast and the Jacuzzi at that the room rate was the same for similar hotels I would say that the hotel is a good value for the price. There is no dining room except for breakfast so plan accordingly. (There are many places to dine in Concord just a few miles north). Certainly more than adequate for a quick nights stay.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2007

We stayed at the Bow/Concord Inn in New Hampshire for 12 days in October/November.

I have the highest praise for this hotel. While travelling through New Hampshire my husband was hospitalized for sugery unexpectedly and I was left for 6 days alone at the hotel.
Then, we spent another 6 days for him to gain enough strength to travel back to California.

I certainly had an opportunity to observe all aspects of the establishment during my unplanned, lengthy stay in a part of the country where I knew no one..

Everyting was spotless. The breakfast had everything one could want and some days had to serve as my lunch as well.
When I needed directions they had a folder of preprinted directions in anticipation of their guests needs.

My special praise goes to the staff. Manager, Gary Hibyan and Ann Colburn of the housekeeping staff watched over me
and anticipated my every need. They helped with everything from setting up special email accounts, fedexing luggage home, moving me to a larger room with microwave and refrigerator , etc.

Ann supplied me with any special bedding/linens, room supplies and thought each day to not only ask what I needed but also make suggestions.

I hardily recommend this hotel not only for comfort, but for the exceptional caring customer service.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EBY
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I am a regular Hilton HHonors member and I have stayed at many Hampton Inns in the past. I had honestly thought that there was a universal standard applied to all of them - I was wrong.

The check in was pleasant enough with a nice girl at the front desk. I indicated that I preferred a King sized bed and she accommodated my request.

When I got into my room I immediately noticed a slight pungent odor, much like a high school locker room. I was dead tired so I didn't want to bother changing rooms.

I decided to showered up before I went to bed. (Everything was fine in the bathroom except for maybe the weaker water pressure)

The bed. That was where my real problems began. To this day I'm not certain what it was, but about 30 minutes into my rest, I began to experience some strange itchiness all over my body. I have only had one other experience like this in my life and that was in a place where there were bed bugs. Terrified and shocked at this point, I slowly calmed down thinking my mind was playing tricks on me and I tried to relax and go back to sleep. Sure enough the itchiness and irritation continued! By this point I had had enough, it was 3 AM in the morning, I was plain exhausted so I did what any desperate, sleepy person would do...I slept on the sofa.

Needless to say, my sleep was horrible when I awoke the next day. When I went down for breakfast, I noticed that the only hot item they had was an english muffin with ham, cheese and egg on it. It was rough, hard, not very tasty and barely edible at all.

In close, I had a very negative experience here and I hope that they do something to remedy this in the near future!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank leesh96
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I stayed here 3 days/2 nights and had a great experience. The staff were very helpful, friendly courteous with any questions on the local area. The continental breakfast was excellent with a variety of anything most would want. One morning it was waffles and summer sausage while another it was eggs and sausage patties. There was also fruit, pastries, juices cereal, bagel, all in a very nice dining area. There was always coffee available near the registration desk with fresh cookies. The room was very clean and comfortable as was the king size bed.

My only complaint (and the reason I didn't give an "Excellent rating above) is that I could hear more noise than I would've liked from small kids in adjacent rooms (once next door and above) but that's usually the case at a lot of motels/hotels. It wasn't terrible but more of an annoyance of roudy young children.

I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank e_e285
Reviewed August 17, 2006

I had a bad stay here about a year ago. Was treated rudely but the staff and was forced to stay in a room that needed to be really cleaned. I was shocked this was a Hampton Inn.

I was traveling back to Concord NH this month and my company said they made me a reservation here. I said I wanted another hotel and told them why. They told me their sales person was in and said there was a new management and totally renovated. First I was confused because I thought they were newly renovated when I came the last time. I said I would give it one more try.

Mistake... big mistake! The front desk girl was nice but clueless. The room was not cleaned well and nothing looked fresh. I stayed one night and went to the Fairfield Inn up the road. I had a much better stay.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank SuzyAdams
Reviewed July 13, 2006

Made my reservations months in advanced. I was bringing my husband down to the NASCAR races for his 35th birthday. We arrived at the hotel Thursday night to check in. When the front desk agent gave me the registration card to sign I noticed it said we were to check out the next day. I said, "Oh there is a mistake here. I made the reservations until Sunday."

The girl looked at me and said, "I am sorry, the computer says you only requested one night." I said I spoke with a young man and when I made my reservations and specifically said I wanted 3 nights. She said there was nothing she could do and I would have to speak to the someone in the morning.

The next morning I can down and thought someone would help me. Boy was I wrong! Come to find out they did have a room available but it was $100.00 more a night than what I was told. The girl that morning said the samething, "your reservation was only for one night. There is no way we would of rented a room out at the cheap rate on a race weekend. She then said, I could have that room, which by the way was in another wing with two bed and smoking, but I would have to pay the higher rate.

I was so upset that my husband said we should leave. His birthday weekend was ruined! We drove about an hour north to a Residence Inn by Marriott in Lebanon. We explained our situation and the guy at the desk said he could help. He put us in a suite for less than what we were paying at the Hampton Inn. About an hour later there was a knock at our door. Standing in the door was the cute young front desk girl with a plate of fresh fruit and a split or wine. I was totally shocked! There was a note that said, "We hope this makes your visit to New Hampshire a bit nicer."

The next morning we went down early to head up to Loudon. We were greated by a very friendly breakfast attendant. She saw I was grabbing a cup of coffee. She said oh no, everyone that comes down for breakfast gets breakfast. I told her we were in a hurry. She vanished into the kitchen and in minutes came out with a to go box with muffins and pastries. Then she said, "Now you can go."

This hotel made up for the awful experience we had at the Hampton Inn in Concord.

• Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank Cindy C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bow
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn Concord
Fairfield Inn Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Concord/Bow? Share your experiences!