All reviewspopoversnew englandpool tablemy husband and ifeather bedwhite mountainsdining roompop oversyorkshire puddingthird floorgrounds are lovelyplay pooloff the highwaybeautiful propertymade us feelromantic getawayroaring fire
Reviewed October 19, 2017

There were many good things about the Adair – a lovely house set in several hundred acres of grounds. The communal rooms were comfortable and well presented – especially the wood panelled bar which was a real gem. Dinners were excellent – good food and an interesting wine list.

Staff at the hotel were universally charming. Two separate, awkward, problems with our room were dealt with promptly and efficiently, and with fulsome apologies.

There were no choices of food available at breakfast, and guests were required to be in the dining room at 8.30. This was a bit too regimented for our tastes.

The room (Lincoln) décor and facilities were ‘period’ but were rather tired. The rear house gardens and terrace were disappointingly unkempt.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

This is such a beautiful picturesque Inn. The staff was warm and friendly. Very attentive and felt like family. We stayed in the Lafayette room with our own fireplace and huge soaker tub. King size feather bed was great. The food was wonderful and signature popovers for breakfast were big enough to share but we didn’t

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I were very impressed with this property.

The Adair home sits on 200 beautiful wooded acres and includes a pond and gardens designed by the famous Olmsted family who decided NYC Central Park. Lots of area to explore around the house while visiting.

The home is very picturesque from the outside and looked very inviting as soon as it comes into view from the drive.

The inn keeper Cindy and all staff members are extremely friendly and helpful. We were warmly greeted and given a tour of the beautiful home. The common areas are very inviting with tons of book shelves and interesting books to pick up. The basement has an antique 1929 pool table that was owned by the family that built the home. We enjoyed 3 great games of pool.

Our room "Dalton" was a 3rd floor dormer room with windows looking 2 directions. The room was very spacious and well appointed. The room had an original attached 1927 bathroom that was really nice and a striking antique desk. We also had a direct view of Mount Washington, another plus. The bed was great, although we are side sleepers and it was more on the firm side. The firmness would not be my go to, but it was a very nice bed. This room might not be the top choice for a summer visit as it is on the third floor and only has window AC units that did not seem quite big enough if it was warm out.

We joined for dinner in the main dining room, another treat. The filet oscar and broiled salmon were very good entrees. We got an appetizer of wild mushrooms wrapped in phyllo dough as well as a quinoa and cauliflower salad, both very good, especially the mushrooms. The mixed berry crips for dessert was very good. However, it was more of a cobbler than a true crisp. Service was very good and friendly the entire time.

Breakfast in the morning was also great. The popovers are huge and a meal in themselves. The spinach quiche and sausage was nice. Again, service was very good and friendly.

We would highly recommend staying here and will definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Unpretentious is my first thought on this wonderful place of refuge.
Rather than go on and on about things and amenities which by the way were superb, foremost in my mind was how genuine the staff were.

The smiles and courtesies that were extended to myself and my woman friend were genuine and not forced, and that is something that you cannot pretend. You either are or you aren't a genuine kind loving person. In my meager 57 years on this earth I have gone to many inns and hotels. this place is special.

Adaire Inn has an old world feel to it, a comfort that cannot be bought by perfect food or landscaping or furnishings. It is a comfort that is born of the genuine, humble people who work and run the business.
What's even better is the food, furnishings cleanliness were unmatched in my opinion by the most opulent of lodgings without having to wear a suit jacket at dinner.
I do believe that as Einstein said, "Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler"
would describe Adair.

Adair simply put is an oasis of nature surrounded by stone walls, spruce, maples and fir trees , lilacs and just the most beautiful of unpretentious landscaping.

In closing I want to thank all of the staff and the innkeepers, whom I did in fact meet. When I met Tom he was coming out of the kitchen and I asked him if he worked there and he said yes. Never said he was the innkeeper. That speaks volumes about the character of the individual.

Thank you so much for a grand experience for me and my wonderful companion Diane.
BRAVO Cindy and Tom and to your common sense in knowing that it is relationships, the people that count and not 2000 thread sheets!

God bless,
David M Couture

Stayed: September 2017
AdairInnkeeper, General Manager at Adair Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

David....I am speechless. Thank you so very much for one of the most amazing reviews we have ever
received! It is certainly gratifying to know that you and Diane experienced Adair as we truly hope all of our guests do. We love to get to know each and everyone who stays with us, learn about their families, careers and hear their stories......while at the same time, affording privacy and a non intrusive environment for relaxing and recharging. We also truly appreciate your kind words about our staff, the Inn itself, our extensive grounds and the food we offer.
Truly hope you will both return again soon to Adair.....

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We were 2 couples each celebrating our wedding anniversary (our 49th!). We were treated with a glass of champagne at dinner, special acknowledgement of our anniversary in the lobby and lovely rooms. The meals were exceptional, dinner and breakfast. The grounds are lovely and the staff very accommodating. Would love to return for our 50th next year or one of their special getaway weekends, such as their wine tasting and whiskey tasting events!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nanum

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay here at Adair. Your kind words are much appreciated. We truly enjoyed being part of your anniversary celebration and hope you will make it an annual tradition!

Cindy