Adair Country Inn & Restaurant
Hillwinds Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
$89
Littleton Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$88
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
$69
$60
Country Squire Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$69
$194
Profile Deluxe Motel(Twin Mountain)
All reviewspopoversnew englandpool tablemy husband and ifeather bedwhite mountainsdining roompop oversthird flooryorkshire puddingplay pooloff the highwaybeautiful groundsattention to detailmade us feelromantic getawaycross country skiing
Reviewed October 28, 2008

This is a beautifully maintained property without being too formal to be comfortable. The rooms are absolutely immaculate, quiet and a good size (we stayed in one of the king-bed rooms on the third floor). Breakfast and afternoon tea were delicious, and the Inn also serves an excellent dinner. There is a turn-down service complete with cookies on a beautiful china plate. Coffee, tea, soda and fruit were always available.

The inn keepers, as well as the rest of the staff, were friendly, courteous and helpful.

An earlier reviewer mentioned some tired-looking furnishings. This certainly seems to have been addressed. Most of the common-area furniture appeared to have been recently upholstered.

The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable, as well.

The grounds were "between seasons" during our visit, but left me longing to see them in full bloom or blanketed with snow.

This would be a wonderful choice for a family reunion or a weekend retreat. I haven't a single complaint. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2008

The Adair Country Inn & Restaurant is a warm and cozy place to stay. My mother and I went there for president's weekend. It wasn't very crowded considering it was a holiday weekend. The staff were so accommodating and friendly. We had a wonderful dinner at the Inn by the fireplace. The food, music and service and presentation were excellent ! I would definately come back again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Adair for two enchanted evenings. The moment we arrived at the Inn we were met by one of our Inn keepers, Ilja with a smile and personality to warm anyone on a cold New England Winter's day. Our room, the Kinsman was beautifully decorated and overlooked the mountains and snow covered grounds. We were looking for a peaceful, relaxing weekend and that is exactly what we had. The Inn itself is lovely. There was not a room that we entered that we did not feel at home, the pub room down stairs is impressive with its large granite walls and very expansive fireplace. Pool table, games and TV if you feel the need. We peeked in the unoccupied rooms and found them all to be tastefully decorated in the true New England style.

The cuisine in the morning is beautifully prepared by Brad, the other innkeeper and presentation delightful not to mention delicious. Dinner and breakfast are served in the quaint dining room which also sports a fireplace. The evening meal was wonderful. Extremely well done and for a small inn it had quite the variety. Something to please every palate. Compliments to the chef and staff.

Having said all that about the facility itself, the gem in all of this is the personal service from the minute you walk in the door until the moment you regretfully have to leave. The innkeepers Ilja and Brad are expert in their vocation. Always available when needed and in the shadows when not. I cannot say enough of their willingness to make your stay a memorable one.

If you are interested in leaving the grounds, there is plenty to do in the winter right up the road. Skiing, sleigh rides, dog sled rides, and trips up Mt Washington. But, once you are there, you wont feel the need to leave.

I would recommend this Inn for anyone looking for a romantic getaway, or simply feel like being pampered in a quiet New England Inn.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mainiac819
Reviewed September 20, 2007

In early July we were visiting from the UK and touring in New England
when purely by chance we happened upon the very lovely Adair Inn. At this time the owners were running the Inn themselves, ably assisted by other members of the family. It is no exaggeration to say that they were kindness itself, and nothing was too much trouble for them.

We had a wonderful two night stay at what is surely a very special and delightful place. Maybe one day we will return to this beautiful part of the USA, and stay again at the Adair......we'd like to think so.

We will never forget the hospitality which was extended to us by these charming people, at this peaceful and tranquil haven. A real gem!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank oscarExeter
Reviewed October 28, 2006

We enjoyed our stay at this Select Registry property. It is in a beautiful and very convenient location - near to the interstate, but far enough away that we didn't hear or see it while on the property. It is a good location for seeing the natural beauty of Northern NH.

Adair is a beautiful old country home. It is genuine, not contrived, and it exudes a simple (if faded) elegance. The grounds are beautiful.

Our room was on the top floor. It was very quiet. (The room next to us was vacant during our stay, so I don't know if we would have heard anything from that room.) Our room had a gas fireplace that warmed the room quickly. (Fortunately, were were able to open the windows when the room got too warm!) The bathroom was perfectly adequate. My main complaint about the room is that the lighting was terrible. Near the entry (where I had my suitcase) ther was no light at all. The closet was well-lit, but we stayed only two nights, so we did not unpack and put everything in the closet.

Furniture throughout the property was worn. Our bed was excellent, but the side chairs in our room and seating in the common areas were in very poor condition. The decor is in the common areas is traditional and understated. I don't care for over-decorated or overly cutesy places, but the decor in the common areas was a little too basic even for me - it could use a designer's touch. The decor in our room and the other rooms I saw was more artful and updated than the decor in the common areas.

The inn keepers were helpful, friendly, and had time to give touring suggestions. A couple of times they seemed a little pressured and disorganized. The restaurant was very good, but the next day the restaurateurs moved out!

I've listed a few complaints, but if Adair sounds like your kind of place, I think you would enjoy it.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple