Bear Mountain Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Arlington Hotel(Bethlehem)
View Hotel
Profile Deluxe Motel(Twin Mountain)
View Hotel
Seven Dwarfs Motel(Twin Mountain)
Carlson's Lodge(Twin Mountain)
View Hotel
Four Seasons Motor Inn(Twin Mountain)
Eastgate Inn(Littleton)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat roomlog cabinhot tubturkeyb bwhite mountainsmy wife and igreat hostsat homefire pitmoose hollowbreakfast was deliciousmt washingtonwood stoveeach morningeagles nestback porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2007

My boyfriend and I spent a weekend at the lodge this July for our anniversary. We were a little nervous on the drive up as we passed all the "scenic" inns located right on the busy road. Much to our delight, the lodge was very accessible but at the end of a long driveway so you truly felt you had stepped out of the hectic pace of the real world. We felt very at home from the moment we arrived until we left. The innkeepers were very knowledgeable of the area and were able to recommend a perfect trail for us to hike. The breakfasts were delicious - our compliments to the chef! Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Vacation_Traveler07
Reviewed September 15, 2007

A nice B&B with good breakfasts, and mostly good service. Not as nice for the price as others I've stayed in, but quite pleasant regardless. Unfortunately, the end of our visit left a sour taste in my mouth. My girlfriend and I asked if it would be ok to sit on the deck outside and read for a couple of hours after we checked out, and we were refused. For ~$300 a night, I expect better than this.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank mc_in_boston
whitemtnlady, Owners at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2007

We are sorry that this couple was disappointed that they could not stay at the Lodge past checkout time but we must abide by our 11am checkout policy so that we can ready the Lodge for other guests. This is the first time that we've had anyone request to just stay around for several hours past checkout time - this is a small and personal establishment, not a large hotel. We were actually shocked when they said that they wanted to stay for a few hours to milk the most of their weekend. We take great pride in our B&B and want to ensure that it is in top condition each day. This takes hours to do and we therefore unfortunately cannot have guests stay past checkout time. Our excellent reviews on TripAdivsor are the result of extremely hard work and excellent attention to detail. As their review said, their stay was enjoyable and their only complaint was that we didn't bend the checkout rules for them. This should not be a reflection on the service and experience that you will receive here at the Lodge. Please read the reviews of other guests to get a true and accurate picture of the Bear Mountain Lodge. Thank you.

Carol & Michael Kerivan
Innkeepers/Owners

Reviewed September 11, 2007

Bear Mtn Lodge is such a beautiful large timberframe B&B. We stayed in the White Tail room and thought it was great. It was plenty of room for 2 people and the bathroom was a nice size. The shower was great and a standard size tub. It was great for us after long days hiking. The bed was very comfortable (pillow top)...we overslept most days!
They are in a perfect location for anything you would want to do in VT, NH or ME.
The breakfasts were delicious and having easy access to coffee and a cold beer in the evening was a bonus. They have a magnificent view out their Great Room and back deck.
There are plenty of good places to eat nearby for lunch or dinner that are not pricey.
The hosts are very friendly and professional and clearly take pride in their B&B. They are great to ask for directions, use a computer or get ideas from for things to do if you need it.
My husband and I loved our stay there and would love to come back, even just to relax in their Great Room and enjoy the scenery and view of Mt. Washington. Bear Mtn Lodge is definitely a place to visit.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed September 11, 2007

The pictures on the website do no justice to the unbelivable beauty of this B&B. Yes, the pictures present a nice log cabin. However, once you drive down the entrance, the first words out of your mouth will be "WOW!"

The inside of the B&B are even better than the outside. Our room was unbelievable. Spacious, quiet, extremely comfortable bed, great bathroom.

The view from the back deck is to die for. I couldn't think of a better place to build this place.

Mike and Carol were perfect hosts. Their coffee and breakfast were perfect. I talked to other guests while there, and all agreed. The folks that run this place really know what they're doing. Of all the B&B's I've stayed at (over 20), I'd have to rank this one as my number one.

I've heard they're going to host weddings. Can't wait to see some of the examples. If my stay were any indication of how they'll put on a wedding, "WOW!!"

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank ProspectorFlorida
Reviewed September 10, 2007

I booked a 2-day stay at the Bear Mountain Lodge based on reviews I read here on TripAdvisor, so I thought I should return the favor. Everything I read is true. Although we just missed seeing a bear!

My husband and I truly felt at home - Mike and Carol were so welcoming. Lodge is beautiful, with thoughtful details throughout. Breakfast is delicious. And, every question, no matter how many times asked, is answered with humor and patience. Rocket is great too!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KellyK60