All reviewsgreat roomlog cabinhot tubturkeywhite mountainsmy wife and iat homefire pitbreakfast was deliciousfront doorspectacular viewsmt washingtoneach morningbed and breakfastnew hampshireother guestsexcellent hosts
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our 2nd stay at the lodge and once again Mike & Carol exceeded our expectations. It was just as clean and beautiful as we remembered from our last visit, and the view just as beautiful in the Summer as it is in the Winter. We like it here because it's quiet with excellent service and wonderful views. Carol's cooking is to die for (afternoon cookies are a hit!) and they were nice enough to accomodate my husband's request for no eggs at breakfast. Mike is always on top of things and always available to answer any questions or help you out with your plans for the day. Can't think of a place I've ever stayed at that is so well run, clean and comfortable. We will be back for sure the next time we are planning another stay in NH!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misha515
CarolKNH, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

The greatest compliment innkeepers get is to have guests return because they've enjoyed their stay. And to see the words "Wouldn't stay anywhere else" is awesome. We are happy to accommodate dietary restrictions and as before you let us know ahead of time which is great in helping us plan. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time your in the area.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I wanted a romantic getaway in the mountains for our 20th anniversary, and after spending a few days thoroughly researching the area we kept coming back to the beautiful Bear Mountain Lodge website. Reading the reviews here sealed the deal -- and we definitely made the right choice.

While just a few miles away from I-93, the lodge is set far back from the road and feels like it's completely isolated. The building is a beautiful log cabin style lodge that looks completely at home in the natural terrain. The rooms are large, clean, and rustic in feel, while still full of modern conveniences. Our room had a gas fireplace, a steam shower, high ceilings, and comfortable bedding -- and a view of Mount Washington.

We stayed for three nights, and fell in love with the view, the bird songs in the mornings, and the peace and quiet at night. Michael and Carol are wonderfully suited to their roles here; she keeps the place running smoothly while he entertains the guests. At different times they each helped us decide on activities and made sure we got the most out of our trip.

The food is excellent, too -- we enjoyed a variety of breakfast dishes designed to satisfy without leaving us overstuffed. Coffee and tea were available around the clock, and fresh cookies or other treats were out every afternoon.

From breakfast conversation with fellow guests to a quiet evening in the hot tub under a passing rain shower, we'll always remember our time at the lodge during our special weekend. We hope to return soon and further explore the natural wonders of the White Mountains.

Room Tip: The Cowboy Roundup was private and quiet with a great room and plenty of space.
1  Thank NewEnglandDave

That's a great review Dave and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience. I'm so happy that you enjoyed Cowboy Roundup, it's my favorite I think because I spent one Christmas Day Eve doing the stonework to have it ready for guests arriving on the 26th. Michael wasn't happy with me working on Christmas that year, but I wanted it to be beautiful for guests coming in for several days - the room was nice but now it's really beautiful.

It's nice to hear that Michael and I do compliment each other here at the Lodge. There are times that I'm not here because I'm shopping for the Lodge and or running our non-driving teens around, but I know that all of our guests are in great hands with Michael who is so knowledgeable about the area hikes, drivings and our great restaurants. I'm the behind the scenes force and Super Mom and he's entertaining guests and being a great concierge.

We look forward to you visiting us again and have another special weekend creating memories. Take care.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Bear Mountain Lodge whilst visiting the White Mountain area. This is a wonderful log cabin style B&B run by owners Michael and Carol. Carol is a wonderful cook and prepared a daily home cooked breakfast. Each day was different, delicious and beautifully presented.
Michael is a great host and happily gave us appropriate advice and tips on our choice of activity for the day. He has a great knowledge and understanding of the area and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. He also made good recommendations for local restaurants (car needed, none are really in walking distance).
The lodge itself exudes quality from the amazing building, the facilities provided to the fantastic views of the mountains. This is a peaceful, cosy, immaculately clean getaway. We loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Guests feeling welcome and comfortable in our home is the best review we can get. It takes lots of hard work to keep the Lodge in tip-top shape, but all of that is behind the scenes so that our guests can enjoy their rooms and the great common areas with those fabulous mountain views. And I appreciate the kudos to my cooking, being a lover of breakfast myself I'm glad you enjoyed your three mornings with us. Thanks for the great review and we hope you're having a great summer.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

If you enjoy the Bed & Breakfast experience then Bear Mountain Lodge is a must visit!
My wife and I recently celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary by spending a few days relaxing at this beautiful rustic log cabin style B & B. The Bear Mountain lodge is one of the most beautiful B & B's we have ever stayed at and the scenic Mountain views were spectacular. Mike and Carol (the innkeepers) are two of the nicest people you will ever meet! They were persobnable and very accommodating from check in to check out. They even accommodated our vegetarian life style with a wonderfully prepared home cooked breakfast each morning that included fresh fruit and juice. Fresh Coffee, Tea and home cooked treats were available to us throughout the day. We would highly recommend this B & B to anyone looking to get away and experience what a true
B & B experience is all about! I know we will certainly be visiting again very soon!

Room Tip: There were 9 rooms to choose from. We choose the Cowboy Roundup Room, which included a fireplace, private bath, steam shower, a small sitting area and plenty of room to spare. The room was very clean and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks Tom for the great review, we're so happy that you had an incredible time staying with us. And it was our pleasure to share in your 30th Anniversary getaway. We pride ourselves in having an insanely clean B&B and Michael and our assistant Cindy do a great job keeping it that way (I take no kudos for that, it's all them). And it's very kind of you to say we're two of the nicest people you have met - we want all of our guests to feel welcome and know that we're here to help them have a fabulous time while visiting The White Mountains. I'm glad that I was able to spend some time with you during our visit, sometimes I'm the behind the scenes force and I'm also the Mom Taxi to our two teenage kids who can't drive yet.

On the recycling front, It's good to know that guests appreciate our effort to recycle by using the baskets in their rooms - we're trying to create as little impact on our surroundings and the environment as possible.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We arrived somewhat late on the Friday of Martin Luther King weekend, yet the owner, Michael, was there to greet us at the door, give us a brief tour, and recommend places we could grab some food at that hour - a friendly, welcoming start to a wonderful weekend. This would be a theme throughout the weekend, making the Lodge a comfortable place to relax as we enjoyed its peacefulness and beautiful view. To illustrate how personable and kind Michael was - on Saturday night, he went out of his way to call the owner of this great restaurant in the next town over so that we could get in to a place that is normally booked. The rooms were quiet and spacious enough for our needs - all the natural wood gave it a rustic, cabin-type feel as well, which was perfect for a weekend away in New Hampshire. The breakfasts were tasty both days, and despite what some commenters have said, they were perfect portions for a normal appetite. The location was perfect - removed, but close enough to the small towns, skiing, and hiking trails the White Mountains are known for. All in all, we highly recommend the Bear Mountain Lodge and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter D

Peter - we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience staying with us at the Lodge. Michael is not only a great innkeeper, but he's a great guy who goes out of his way to help guests have an enjoyable stay. Our location is what I call the "quiet side of the Whites" - we're not Conway, we're cute little Towns with some nice shops and some hidden gems of restaurants. And proximity to Franconia Notch and Crawford Notch makes us a great place for guests like you who want to get out and explore the area. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.