All reviewsgreat roomlog cabinhot tubturkeywhite mountainsmy wife and iat homefire pitbreakfast was deliciousfront doorspectacular viewsmt washingtoneach morningbed and breakfastnew hampshireother guestsexcellent hosts
Reviewed May 6, 2014

If you enjoy the Bed & Breakfast experience then Bear Mountain Lodge is a must visit!
My wife and I recently celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary by spending a few days relaxing at this beautiful rustic log cabin style B & B. The Bear Mountain lodge is one of the most beautiful B & B's we have ever stayed at and the scenic Mountain views were spectacular. Mike and Carol (the innkeepers) are two of the nicest people you will ever meet! They were persobnable and very accommodating from check in to check out. They even accommodated our vegetarian life style with a wonderfully prepared home cooked breakfast each morning that included fresh fruit and juice. Fresh Coffee, Tea and home cooked treats were available to us throughout the day. We would highly recommend this B & B to anyone looking to get away and experience what a true
B & B experience is all about! I know we will certainly be visiting again very soon!

Room Tip: There were 9 rooms to choose from. We choose the Cowboy Roundup Room, which included a fireplace, private bath, steam shower, a small sitting area and plenty of room to spare. The room was very clean and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
CarolKNH, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thanks Tom for the great review, we're so happy that you had an incredible time staying with us. And it was our pleasure to share in your 30th Anniversary getaway. We pride ourselves in having an insanely clean B&B and Michael and our assistant Cindy do a great job keeping it that way (I take no kudos for that, it's all them). And it's very kind of you to say we're two of the nicest people you have met - we want all of our guests to feel welcome and know that we're here to help them have a fabulous time while visiting The White Mountains. I'm glad that I was able to spend some time with you during our visit, sometimes I'm the behind the scenes force and I'm also the Mom Taxi to our two teenage kids who can't drive yet.

On the recycling front, It's good to know that guests appreciate our effort to recycle by using the baskets in their rooms - we're trying to create as little impact on our surroundings and the environment as possible.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We arrived somewhat late on the Friday of Martin Luther King weekend, yet the owner, Michael, was there to greet us at the door, give us a brief tour, and recommend places we could grab some food at that hour - a friendly, welcoming start to a wonderful weekend. This would be a theme throughout the weekend, making the Lodge a comfortable place to relax as we enjoyed its peacefulness and beautiful view. To illustrate how personable and kind Michael was - on Saturday night, he went out of his way to call the owner of this great restaurant in the next town over so that we could get in to a place that is normally booked. The rooms were quiet and spacious enough for our needs - all the natural wood gave it a rustic, cabin-type feel as well, which was perfect for a weekend away in New Hampshire. The breakfasts were tasty both days, and despite what some commenters have said, they were perfect portions for a normal appetite. The location was perfect - removed, but close enough to the small towns, skiing, and hiking trails the White Mountains are known for. All in all, we highly recommend the Bear Mountain Lodge and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter D

Peter - we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience staying with us at the Lodge. Michael is not only a great innkeeper, but he's a great guy who goes out of his way to help guests have an enjoyable stay. Our location is what I call the "quiet side of the Whites" - we're not Conway, we're cute little Towns with some nice shops and some hidden gems of restaurants. And proximity to Franconia Notch and Crawford Notch makes us a great place for guests like you who want to get out and explore the area. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband & I spent a night away at the Bear Mountain Lodge. We were looking for a quiet relaxing getaway and BML was perfect. The mountain views are gorgeous. Our room was clean & comfortable. We had a in room jacuzzi & there is also an outdoor hot tub surrounded by mountain views. Dinner was at Rosa Flamingo- food was delicious. Breakfast in the morning at BML was fantastic. The inn owners are personable & inviting. We will certainly be returning!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Courtney - thanks for the great review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our jacuzzi rooms are the most popular and it sounds like your night away was all you were hoping. We are fortunate to have a few great restaurants locally and Rosa Flamingo's with its outdoor patio and live music is a great addition to our Town. Also happy you enjoyed breakfast - what's a B&B getaway without a great start to your day. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time spent at the lodge.
Friendly, caring and comfortable. Just like visiting family.
Cleanest room we have ever had anywhere.
We will be going back in the springtime.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
CarolKNH, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you, thank you for the ultimate review. If we can make guests feel comfortable, cared for and relaxed we're doing a great job. Michael truly is an innkeeper who strives to make your stay enjoyable and we're glad it shows. And a shout-out to Cindy our new assistant who continues to keep our rooms some of the cleanest in New England (if not beyond)!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Bear Mountain Lodge this past weekend. The Inn was very clean and well maintained. Michael was very friendly and welcoming. He took the time to speak to my husband about how he supervised the contractors that built the log cabin.

The views from the lodge are beautiful! It was very relaxing playing a game of chess and having breakfast overlooking the mountains. The breakfast was delicious! I only wish it was a bit bigger. My husband and I are very active people and need a little more in the morning to fuel us for running, hiking, and skiing. Maybe having a table with some extra muffins or bagels for the hungrier guests would be a good idea?

Our room (Elk Lodge) was very clean and cozy. My husband did have some trouble sleeping as he felt like he kept sinking into the middle of the bed. I was pretty exhausted and did not have the same problem. However, when I woke up in the morning I did agree with him that the mattress was a bit concave in the middle.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Were very happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful breakfast overlooking the mountains. We appreciate your input on the mattress which some guests love as it's a double-pillow top and others find too soft. As we change out mattress this year, we're moving to a comfortable yet less sinking top to meet the comfort level of more guests. Thanks for the great review and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.