My husband and I first came to Bear Mountain Lodge during foliage season 2013. It was so gorgeous and enjoyable that we decided to bring two of our three adult daughters with us next time. We booked three nights in January and arrived in a snowstorm. It was beautiful outside but great to be able to cozy up to the warm fire when we got there. Michael and Carol are always so welcoming and helpful with tips for places to go for dinner or interesting activities to experience nearby. This time we tried the new brewery called Schillings in Littleton. It had a great "northern" atmosphere, rugged and casual but stylish, with very friendly service and simple but good food. On the night we went they also had live entertainment that started about 8 p.m.
We skied at Bretton Woods twice. It was cold but exhilarating with beautiful trails and stunning views of the Presidential mountain range. We purchased lift tickets from Carol and Michael (who offer a discounted price) at the inn and were happily on our way. We got ourselves to where we needed to be at the Base Lodge when we heard Carol's voice. She had realized we had the wrong tickets and drove in her car to find us to correct the mistake! Talk about great service!!
On our last day we enjoyed snowshoeing on the loop Michael groomed around the lodge. It was so pristinely beautiful, especially with the new snowcover, that I cannot imagine anything more perfect. We headed out on the trail about ten minutes after a young couple and offered to take their picture down by the river at the end of the loop. We later discovered he had proposed to her only minutes before we broke in on their bliss (sorry!). One consolation for us is that we were able to e-mail them the photo. Their camera was not working because it had frozen up.
Each morning we ate breakfast at the lodge and were pleasantly surprised by something new on the menu. One of our daughters has a sensitivity to dairy and had forgotten to mention that before we arrived. Michael and Carol were more than accommodating at the last minute and made her some scrambled eggs and toast.
When we organized the trip I was a little concerned that our twenty something daughters might not think this place was "cool" enough for them. To our delight we were told that they thought it was the best place ever, they felt at home in every way, and they would love to come back again sometime soon. Sounds like a good plan to me! Thank you again Carol and Michael.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grande log bed & breakfast reminiscent of those in our National Parks, located in the heart of the White Mountains in Bethlehem, NH. Built of huge logs and decorated with comfortable western furniture, the Lodge is warm and inviting from the moment you walk through the front doors and catch a glimpse of Mt. Washington. With 9 romantic guest rooms, panoramic views, crackling fires and great breakfasts, we've created an atmosphere where you can unwind and feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Bear Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Mountain Hotel Bethlehem
- Bear Mountain Lodge Bethlehem, NH - White Mountains