Bear Mountain Lodge
$169
$99
Hillwinds Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
$79
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
$69
Priceline
Country Squire Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
$59
$197
$179
Profile Deluxe Motel(Twin Mountain)
All reviewsgreat roomlog cabinhot tubturkeyb bwhite mountainsmy wife and igreat hostsat homefire pitmoose hollowbreakfast was deliciousmt washingtonwood stoveeach morningeagles nestback porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband has always dreamed of building a log cabin in the woods and simplifying our life. Frankly, nothing about that dream interested me until we came to the Bear Mountain Lodge for a quick overnight mid week this week. Now I sit at my computer at home and all I can think about is the bracing fall air, the gorgeous colors of the foliage, the beauty of the mountains, the cozy comfort of the lodge and how welcoming and friendly Michael and Carol were. It helps, I guess, that they always dreamed of building a log cabin home and living there. Their enthusiasm is contagious! I think we have discovered the best of both worlds...we can come up for a visit any time we want, hike and kayak and shop to our heart's content...and then live most of the year close to work and family. This does not feel like a hotel (which I hate) because Carol and Michael are so warm and welcoming. Rooms are all great, beds super comfortable and everything is clean, clean, clean. All is better than in the website photos. We have already scheduled another three days with family in January. I can't wait!

Room Tip: From what I can see all rooms are good. We stayed in Wild Turkey which is a ground floor room, very quiet and very spacious. Loved the jacuzzi tub and fireplace.
1  Thank DeirdreFahy
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The best place I've stayed at for a nice, long weekend. The owners are nice, the breakfast is great, the view of the mountains is perfect. Loved the theme of the rooms, and the fire pit out back. Great stay, can't wait for a chance to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jewels10208
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was our first trip to Bear Mountain Lodge, but won't be our last. We booked based on the pictures and info on the website and, to tell the truth, the pictures don't do it justice. We were welcomed at the door by Michael and made to feel welcome from the very first moment. The lodge is spectacular, the views outstanding, and the care and service first rate. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Bring a night light or two - the rooms are large and the only night light is in the bathroom.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

When an inn has hundreds of 5 start reviews how can you add anything new without sounding redundant? I will say that every one of those top reviews are right on the mark. We have been to 38 different inns and this has to be one of the top ones. The place was immaculate, fantastic views and, being a real log cabin, it had it's own unique charm. But that's only the half of it. The innkeepers, Mike and Carol, are among the best. Carol's cooking was great. And for Mike, he won't need an introduction. Within seconds of meeting him, you will think you ran into a long lost friend. We very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this inn. Give it a try. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed a week at the lodge to celebrate our 25th anniversary and have a vow renewal ceremony. We had never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before, so we weren’t quite sure what to expect. The lodge exceeded our expectations! We stayed in the Wild Turkey room and it was like having our own mini suite. Everything was extremely clean and the food was wonderful. My favorite breakfast was the orange infused French toast. Mike and Carol are wonderful hosts. They were always available to answer any questions we had, from activities in the area to restaurant recommendations. They made our vacation and renewal ceremony very special. This is one of the best vacations we’ve had and we can’t wait to return!

4  Thank Heather O