“Bear Mountain Lodge,Bethlehem NH”

and 1 more site!
Bear Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Bethlehem B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Bear Mountain Lodge,Bethlehem NH”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Absolutely the most peaceful, immaculate, lodge I have ever been to. We had complete peace and quiet even with slider open at night, the most beautiful views from the deck or lodge, the lodge owners make you feel like family right from the greeting at the door. Breakfast was perfect, and fills you enough you don’t even need lunch! If you need an escape and some real peace and quiet this is the place! I have been to literally every state in the country and this spot is by far my favorite one by far!

Room Tip: Lower level have walk out patios and in room jacuzzi's!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
SACRAMENTO
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Bear Mountain Lodge at the end of our New England vacation, and it was fabulous. From the breathtaking views and comfortable rooms to the gourmet breakfasts, the stay offered exactly what we wanted. The deck was the perfect place to enjoy a casual supper of wine and cheese. Michael provided excellent recommendations for hiking in the area as well as restaurant suggestions. I highly recommend the Bear Mountain Lodge to anyone who wants to relax in a comfortable, quiet setting or take in the active adventures around the White Mountains. If it were closer to California, I know we would return frequently.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PEGGY A
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

After only three days at the Lodge, my husband and I are already trying to figure how to get back up to Bethlehem for another stay. The room was gorgeous and huge, spotlessly clean and oh, so comfortable. It's a first B&B for us but Mike and Carol, you have spoiled us for anywhere else. The breakfasts were fabulous but most of all, you guys don't hover. We were able to just do what we wanted and you were always willing to listen to everyone's 'story' and your warmth and humor are a winning combination. The grounds are breathtaking and it was just the relaxing time we needed! Can't thank you enough and are telling everyone they HAVE TO come up for a weekend (or more). The little things you do for everyone did not go unnoticed, either. Thank you so much and hope to see you real soon!

Room Tip: ANY room at Bear Mountain Lodge is great. The entire building just screams warmth, hospitality and c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laurie A
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Enjoyed our recent stay. Lovely, tranquil location. Room was nice (if a bit masculine) and quite spacious. Amazingly beautiful mountain views. Breakfast was tasty and beautiful. Lodge was busy - holiday weekend. Didn't get as much help or advice on planning our days as I had hoped for. Great area to explore with nice dining choices as well.

Room Tip: Cowboy roundup was big, great views, a little dark, super bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
BearMtnInnkeeper, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thanks Rebecca for your review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay and sorry that we didn't get enough time to help you plan your stay. We try very hard during and after breakfast to answer any questions that guests have on the area. On busy weekends, it can take a little while to get through all the guests to help them plan their days as we have so much to offer here in the White Mountains and some people need more help deciding on what to do. Many times we see guests wander off to their room after breakfast who haven't asked for help and we try very hard to catch their eye before they head out for the day in case they have last minute questions. On your next visit, be sure to grab Michael during breakfast and he'll be more than happy to spend time with you. Thanks.

Carol
St Roberts, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I love this place. I went in 2008 and loved it so much that I flew my boyfriend and I in from Missouri just so we could spend this Memorial Day weekend here. I've told at least 15 people about it and plan on surprising my parents with a weekend here too-it's that awesome. The lodge itself is absolutely beautiful-very warm and inviting. The rooms are warm and cozy-mine had its own jacuzzi and the most comfortable bed ever. The view is amazing and looks over the White Mountains. there's a firepit that you can just sit around at night and enjoy all the fireflies, or you can sit and enjoy the outside hot tub.

There's always homemade chocolate chip cookies, hot cocoa, soda and beer available. They give you the most delicious homemade breakfast ever each morning.. Mike is so nice-he remembered exactly who I was from my visit 4 years ago and was so friendly and gave us recommendations for what to do in the area.

We played checkers and chess on the tables they had set up and there was wifi too. On our second to last day, we went Rolling dog sledding and white water rafting (AMAZING!!!!!!! so much fun)

This is hands down the absolute best place to spend a relaxing weekend. I cannot say enough about the lodge itself and the owners. GO GO GO!

Room Tip: Stay in the turkey room-it has it's own jacuzzi and the bed is awesome
2 Thank Courtney W
Thanks Courtney for your review and it was great seeing you again. We love it when guests return, it confirms for us that we're doing things right. We look forward to having your parents as guests someday and we'll be sure to take great care of them.

Michael
Reviewed June 1, 2012

As we reached Bethlehem, me and my fiancé were driving through the main road admiring some of the bed and breakfasts, and not admiring some others, and all along I was wondering what ours would be like. Then the bed and breakfasts dropped off and we kept driving until we came to a narrow road that we had to turn in to for the lodge. As the trees parted and we got our first glimpse of the lodge, we knew, we both became very excited that we got the best bed and breakfast in town! We quickly scrambled inside and enjoyed everything from the gorgeous view to the delicious breakfast prepared by Carol. The yard was another delight with the charming wooden swing. Unfortunately we didn't have time for the hot tub but that looked appealing as well! The room we got (Moose Hollow) lived up to its namesake with all the moose decorations and was positively charming. Albeit a little small, it was clean and done up very cozily. Needless to say me and my fiancé had a great weekend and would love to go back there some day!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Cooldiv20
Interlaken, Switzerland
Reviewed May 30, 2012

my boyfriend and I stayed here last week and we truly loved it! we only stayed for 2 nights, and I was very sad to leave this beautiful place. The room we stayed in was the elk room, and I guess it was the smallest room out of all, but still it was quite big and had enough space for all our bags and things. They could get some more curtains in the room, so that it wouldn't get as bright in the morning, when the sun isshining. But of course that's only when you like your room to be all dark when you sleep. To me that wasn't a problem at all. We also loved the food they served for breakfast. Nice coffee in really cute mugs :) There was a couple that got married the day we were there and we thought that this was such a lovely venue to hold a wedding at. The view from the Lodge is fantastic and for me it was probably the best Lodge/Hotel/B&B I've ever been to...!! Would so want to come back, thanks Carol & Michael.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
Arlington Hotel
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,363 reviews
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Bear Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!