“Pleasant Hosts and Good Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Hong KONG Buffet
Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Belmont
Mount Washington, New Hampshire
“Pleasant Hosts and Good Food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have read the other reviews for this restaurant. I think they were a bit unfair.
My husband and I go there frequently, and just happened to go today, so I wanted to write.
It was a holiday, so there were greater offerings on the tables. All the food was hot, and fresh. My favorite being the steamed crab legs. They also offered the usual sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls, white and fried rices, and chow mien.
There is a sushi bar, which is also quite good. For salad enthusiast, there is a full table of salads, including kimchi.
The dessert table has many cakes, cookies and treats, and a freezer full of tasty ice cream.
Everyone is so nice. The owners are hard works, but will take a moment to make sure you are happy and the buffet tables are full.
Since I live locally, I can attest to their consistency year round.
They also offer Senior Citizen rates for those over 65.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dackelprincess

Benson, Arizona, United States
“So Sad!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ate here years ago and it would have been rated very good. Unfortunately this time it was not so. The food was lukewarm at best, and in case of the chicken wings they were so old they had almost turned to stone. The only thing that kept this review from being rated terrible was the sushi. It at least should be cold & was. The deserts were available and fresh too. But the main courses were hit & miss. Then when I tried to use my AMEX card, I was told by the waiter that they didn't take AMEX. I pointed out that their sticker was on the front door, but he insisted they no longer accepted that. So I paid with Visa. On the way out my wife checked & the cashier said "of course we accept AMEX!" I give up and so should you. There are better Asian Buffets out there.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mark T
Sandwich, New Hampshire
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Food was okay, typical for Chinese buffet restaurant. However, the poor service will ensure that we never return. The waitress was surly and rude, seemed annoyed everytime she refilled our water glasses or collected plates. When she brought the bill, she stood over us, staring (we were still finishing our desserts) and kept asking if we were going to pay. I finally had to tell her that she needed to give us a minute, we were still eating! She moved away about ten feet, and stood there glaring at us. Fortunately, I had the exact amount of the bill...which is what I left. No tip. As soon as we vacated the table, she swooped down on the bill..hope she made the connection between her rude behavior and not receiving a tip. We won't be back...now I know why there was hardly anyone there.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mello11
Californai/New Hampshire
“Yuck”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Food was absolutely awful. Service was excellent, though Waiter was wonderful. Food so awful, we won't return

Visited January 2013