“Great Price and Just What I Needed”
Review of Hill-Brook Motel

Hill-Brook Motel
Hill-Brook Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Great Price and Just What I Needed”
Reviewed November 3, 2008

This place is definitely an older motel but the owners are extremely nice and attentive and the rooms and motel office are clean and tidy. The towels and sheets were older and some had patches sewn on them but that was okay. The important thing was that this place was quiet, the bed, sheets, room, and towels were all very clean. I felt very comfortable staying here. This was my 8th time staying at this place and I will do so again the next time I am here and need a place to stay. The price is extremely reasonable and cheaper than anything else plus the benefit of staying somewhere that I feel safe.

• Liked — The value for the money and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — Needs some updating.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank LKHD
HillBrookMotel, Owner at Hill-Brook Motel, responded to this review, September 4, 2009
Thank you dear guest, for taking the time to write the review. We are constantly striving to improve our guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, MA
Reviewed September 19, 2008

I stayed here and the rooms were old and dirty and has a very bad odor. I also was yelled at and hung up on by the owner of the hotel when I tried to cancel my reservation. He still charged my credit card with no authorization. Never stay here. This was one of the worst experiences in my hotel travels.

• Liked — Checking Out!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!! The owner/manager is a jerk!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank spyrum

Travelers are raving about these Bedford hotels

the great NE US
Reviewed May 17, 2008

I stayed there for a workshop for the HSUS. It was centrally located and very near a grocer (as my room had a microwave). It was easy access in and out.

I have been to many conferences in various cities, and I think for the traveler that wants a decent place to sleep, nearby amenities, and attentive staff, I would return here again. Not high end, and they don't pretend to be.

Some of the fittings were "now" outdated, but as the bath had the same scheme as my parents' house I didn't have a problem.

The only drawback was NO COFFEE MAKER in the room. Everything else, I was comfortable and really appreciated the proximity to grocery and restaurants.

In talking with some other people at the same workshop, appently some had problems with their room. I did not.

The staff was personal, attentive, and willing to fix anything that was wrong - I had a cleaning rag stuck in my door, and you would think that it wasn't a big thing, but the young man at the desk was very apologetic.

'Nuff said. If you're looking for luxury, no. Nice temporary digs, nice people, and location, yes.

I would go back again! Thank you for my visit!

• Liked — Quiet, even off a major highway. Spacious room, fridge, aminities nearby and plenty of space.
  • Disliked — No coffee maker in the room!:(
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your business. We appreciate your comments. We have now started to renovate out bathrooms with new tile schemes & fixtures. You will be pleasantly surprised to see the new bathrooms. We do have coffee makers in our extended stay rooms, but we do not like to put coffee maker in our regular guest rooms, because we do not believe in putting food in bathrooms. We offer over half dozen different coffee, tea, hot chocolate at front desk. This keeps our guest room clean from spills, and allows us to mingle with our guest while they pour fresh, hot cup of coffee. Thank you again, for taking time to write detailed review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn
#2 of 4 in Bedford
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Comfort Inn Manchester Airport

Been to Hill-Brook Motel? Share your experiences!