“Rude Owner”

Hill-Brook Motel
Hill-Brook Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed July 31, 2013

First off the owner off this place should get out of the motel industry as he clearly does not enjoy his job. My fiance and I were in manchester for the night and the hotels there were booked. I checked expedia and this came up as the closests place with an opening (5 miles). We were not familiar with the area so we were following our gps to find the place. It was about 10 pm or so and we ended up driving past the place 2 times before we noticed it since the sign wasn't even lit up. Upon arrival when we tried to check in the owner began yelling at us for arriving so late in the evening & that he should be home with his family not waiting there for us to check it. I informed him we called ahead of time but got a voicemail box and our call was never returned and that we had trouble finding the place. He then went into a tirade about which included racial slurs and just all out nasty comments. I would never stay here again and unless you plan on arriving and following the owners schedule then don't bother with this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lauren s
There are newer reviews for Hill-Brook Motel

Reviewed March 2, 2013

First the good: the place is dirt cheap.

Now the bad: The place makes dirt look good. Folks who run the Bates Motel look alike are about as angry and nasty as you can get. Want coffee? Forget in room coffee maker. Go to the office and get your Keurig. Oh but only one a day. Don't dare ask the arrogant young man during the day or the Witch like lady at night how come they charge for the second cup. Yes, they keep track of what you drink and they will nail you if you try to get two and the are not nice, more like a NYC cop during a snow storm at 3am.

Want soap? Bring your own. Liquid "stuff" at the sink, nothing in the shower. When questioned about this Witch Hazel says "oh it is in the basket" so we went to the room got the basket and returned to the office to ask "show me the soap".

Bottom line=Cheap dump run by rotten people. Stay here but dont expect coffee, bring your own soap and stay away from the owners.

Room Tip: find a normal place.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JOE T
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed in this motel many times when I come to visit family in Bedford. It is a very convenient location, right near the Inside Scoop that serves breakfast sandwiches. I appreciate the free Wi-Fi, refrigerator and microwave. There is coffee available in the office. This trip I stayed for six nights and was very satisfied. I enjoy staying in a family-owned motel and compared to other ones where I have stayed, this one is excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A group of us stayed here for the NASCAR race. The owner wasn't overly friendly and also told my group we needed to go inside our rooms at 10:00pm Saturday night. Not a major deal, but I think she overreacted. I anticipated other race fans being there as well, but the others were clearly not race fans. The rooms were what we expected, no better no worse although there was a slight musty stench. I would say this motel is ideal for a 1 night stay if you are in the are for business or just traveling through. All in all,this motel was good enough for us but don't expect anything special.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine. I think its room 18 or 19.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was terrible experience. We never met so rude staff anywhere, especially the owner. And they did actually defrauded us. They refused to return us the deposit 50$, beacuse we were "messy". On the question, if we should to clean something, answerd the owner yelling, that we should call a layer, if we want, that his staff is here not to clean our "[--]".
We hope, that this wasnt typical american motel, beacuse this would be home in Europe not possible.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank trasprd
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel on July 3 when we traveled to Merrimack to see my aunt who had just entered a hospice. The room smelled musty and dirty and when I pulled back the covers to go to bed, I was greeted by an old bloodstain on the sheet. However, seeing as it was already 3 a.m. and we were going to need to be leaving just a few hours later, we just slept on the blanket. After getting up, showering was pretty awful as the water temperature kept changing. Did I mention the black mold lining the window frame in the bathroom? This was a foul room. I realize we didn't pay a lot for these accommodations, but I've stayed at plenty of other budget motels that weren't as unkempt and seedy as this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Deb H
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have worked in the hotel buisness for 5 years, & customer service for 12 Years, the normal "customer is always right" does NOT apply at this hotel. It's more like management is the ONLY one right. Problem cheking in at 11:30 at night, internet was having problems at the hotel, so I had papers faxed to me. (I was charged $4.00 for the 4 page fax, since THEIR internet was down) Their were roaches & ants in the room, and the staff blamed me for dirty dishes in the sink. WORST Experience EVER at a hotel!
*Rude Staff & Unclean Rooms.*

Room Tip: Don't Choose this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Guest G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
#1 of 1 in Londonderry

Been to Hill-Brook Motel? Share your experiences!