“Not great but not terrible”
Review of Hill-Brook Motel

Hill-Brook Motel
Hill-Brook Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A group of us stayed here for the NASCAR race. The owner wasn't overly friendly and also told my group we needed to go inside our rooms at 10:00pm Saturday night. Not a major deal, but I think she overreacted. I anticipated other race fans being there as well, but the others were clearly not race fans. The rooms were what we expected, no better no worse although there was a slight musty stench. I would say this motel is ideal for a 1 night stay if you are in the are for business or just traveling through. All in all,this motel was good enough for us but don't expect anything special.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine. I think its room 18 or 19.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was terrible experience. We never met so rude staff anywhere, especially the owner. And they did actually defrauded us. They refused to return us the deposit 50$, beacuse we were "messy". On the question, if we should to clean something, answerd the owner yelling, that we should call a layer, if we want, that his staff is here not to clean our "[--]".
We hope, that this wasnt typical american motel, beacuse this would be home in Europe not possible.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank trasprd
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel on July 3 when we traveled to Merrimack to see my aunt who had just entered a hospice. The room smelled musty and dirty and when I pulled back the covers to go to bed, I was greeted by an old bloodstain on the sheet. However, seeing as it was already 3 a.m. and we were going to need to be leaving just a few hours later, we just slept on the blanket. After getting up, showering was pretty awful as the water temperature kept changing. Did I mention the black mold lining the window frame in the bathroom? This was a foul room. I realize we didn't pay a lot for these accommodations, but I've stayed at plenty of other budget motels that weren't as unkempt and seedy as this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Deb H
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have worked in the hotel buisness for 5 years, & customer service for 12 Years, the normal "customer is always right" does NOT apply at this hotel. It's more like management is the ONLY one right. Problem cheking in at 11:30 at night, internet was having problems at the hotel, so I had papers faxed to me. (I was charged $4.00 for the 4 page fax, since THEIR internet was down) Their were roaches & ants in the room, and the staff blamed me for dirty dishes in the sink. WORST Experience EVER at a hotel!
*Rude Staff & Unclean Rooms.*

Room Tip: Don't Choose this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Guest G
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was staying in Manchester for the 2012 political campaign. Was staying at hotels near the airport, then the media took over all the in-town hotels. A local told me about Hill-Brook. What a find. The drive from the motel to downtown was actually easier than being on the south end of town near the airports - the roads are open and fast.

It is a motel, so you expect to have cars by your door. After 10, there was no noise. For the price, and to be away from traffic and city hassles, it is a great deal. Dicky and Ina were excellent hosts.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I don't understand the bad reviews. We have stayed there almost every week since September. I live 3 hrs away and my sons live in Bedford, and have never experienced the bad things that others have commented on. We have always been treated respectfully. We will continue to stay here when we come into town. We too, would like a coffee pot in our "smoking" room.

Will Andrews/Leslie Dahan

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Traveling as a family we appreciated the ability to get a frig in the room, but the owner was dismissive when we inquired about assistance in getting noisy neighbors to turn down their TV and then became downright rude. The location is good, right on route 101, and there's a grocery store and restaurants nearby. But we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dengaro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Bedford Village Inn
#3 of 4 in Merrimack
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport

Been to Hill-Brook Motel? Share your experiences!