“Customer is Royalty”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are frequent visitors to Outback Steakhouse. Their signature steak and baked potato with salad is beyond good. BUT that is not why I chose to write this review.

Last week my wife and I were at the Bedford NH Outback. It was very busy, but things were moving. However, our order was late - but we accepted the server's apologies - she really was sorry. The food was delicious - as we were about to finish, the manager stopped by our table. He also apologized for the late service, and said there would be no charge for the meal. If this is not customer consideration, then nothing is.

We were so appreciative of their thoughtfulness. We of course let a very nice tip for the server, and we decided to buy a $100 Outback gift certificate for a friend.

Thank you to Outback Steakhouse in Bedford, NH

1  Thank OutdoorSteveNH

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'll admit it, I go for the Bloomin' Onion, but everything else is usually pretty darn good, as well. If it wasn't so crowded, hence noisy, I'd rate it higher.

1  Thank jbs_Hudson
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Loved the food, as always at any Outback, but the staff where also amazing, our server, Beth, was very friendly, as was everyone else, including the manager who knelt down next to the table to chat to us.

We mentioned, in passing, that we would have liked to have seen a covered bridge before we left the area, but were leaving next morning. After discussions between the other servers and manager another server arrived at the table with full directions, and a googled road name before leaving the restaurant to a bridge that would be on our route out of town - it really made the end of the trip.

1  Thank cazimomo
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have not had a decent meal here in years. I like a small steak cooked medium well. I've ordered it this way 3 times and each time it was delivered bloody red then taken back and returned in the consistency of burnt shoe leather. I then switched to Caesars salad with shrimp which was ok when not drowned in dressing. Then they started using the outer layers of Romaine which resulted in a bitter tasting mushy salad.
I am truly tortured sitting there and feel trapped because they do such a poor job of execution. Communication appears non-existent. A "server" takes your order and then disappears. Someone else delivers your order, which in my case has been wrong more often than right. You have to flag down anyone who will stop to deliver condiments while your food gets colder than it was when delivered. No one person takes responsibility for your dining experience. Each time I go is worse than the time before. I suspect their problems are corporately systemic and due to unrealistic upper management "cost containment" pressures on unit managers because they never seem to take appropriate responsibility for their mistakes. I have 20 years of experience in designing food service systems and training personnel. When I go here I have to resist the urge to jump up and train them. Not a relaxing experience for me. During this visit we were a party of 5. Our 3 soup and salad "starters" were delivered and were all wrong. We thought they brought another party's order; they were not, it was just all wrong. The deliverer rushed to the kitchen and brought 1 salad back quickly with the right dressing (which looked to be glopped on top of the incorrect dressing). The other 2 "starters came 1 forkful before our main meals. I asked them to take mine back since I now had to choose between eating my hot entree or salad. There were several problems with our entrees that were also being addressed. One member of our party ordered the steak wedge and it came minus 3 ingredients listed on the menu! A manager came over and insisted we keep our salads, on an overcrowded table, and said she would take them off the bill. She apologized and then, with "starters" and hot entrees just served, she wanted to have a lengthy conversation about the debacle. I asked her to come back after our meal. I ordered ribs and they were overly fatty for my taste. Eve9966 is right: cheap cuts of meat. The manager delivered the check along with a $25 certificate for a meal at this location. When I reached for the check the manager mistakenly thought I reached for the gc and said "I knew she would go for that"! My interpretation of this crass insult was that the level of service was acceptable and are complainers. This is just a low class place that charges too much for greasy, mediocre food and tosses it at you in any way they want and then insult you if you are honest when asked "how is your meal"? My husband and son enjoy their steaks. This was my last visit. I can't imagine it getting worse, but am sure it will.I've had enough.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This franchise is just one of the many that buy low quality meats and sell them to people witout taste buds covering it up by having fried onions beforehand.