“A little better than fast food”
Review of Bugaboo Creek Steak House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bugaboo Creek Steak House
Cuisines: American
“A little better than fast food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went there for the first time since it had reopened (closed for a year+) for my daughter's birthday. The animals used to move a different times, now just the moose talks. My daughter was disappointed since that was one reason she wanted to go. Service was ok. We had to wait 10+ minutes to be seated but noticed upon being seated that there were many tables open and several that needed to be cleared. Service was lackluster, staff looked pained to be there. Food was better than a fast food joint and we all enjoyed our meals (kids meal, which is good since that is mainly the clientele, fish and meat along with dessert). If you have young children and don't need to be thrilled, it's a good place to visit, just don't expect the best!

Visited February 2013

“No prime rib at 8pm on a Saturday at a Steakhouse?”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 walked in last night at 8pm on a Saturday. The two men were only looking forward to prime rib. As a joke whhen we went to the host stand they asked " you still have prime rib, wright?" The host responded no. we always run out on weekends. You should try and come at 6pm. Some of us work or dont want to eat dinner that early. How does a steakhouse tell the customers they always run out of prime rib. No wonder this location closed for a while. Maybe they should think about the responds to a customer. She could have went out back and pretented she didnt know. She flat out said WE ALWAYS RUN OUT OF PRIME RIB ON SATURDAY. Guess we know not to dine on the weekends there going forward. We headed to the Yard and told everyone about our disapointment.

Barrington, Rhode Island
“good fun for family”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

meals were good for a mainstream steakhouse. I ordered a rib eye with no eye(a blind ribeye), my 8 year old said the chicken fingers were the best he ever had. the vegatbles of mushrooms and onions were good. they gave away our table we had called for so we had to wait an addition 20 minutes but they did give us two free apps for the table.

Visited January 2013
NH
“Manager has no customer service skills”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We decided to go to Bugaboo Creek for lunch after shopping in the area last weekend. The restaurant was almost empty when we arrived so we decided to sit at the bar. We were greeted warmly by the bartender.

I ordered a draft beer and was politely asked for my ID. I am over 50 years old and I replied that I had not brought by ID with me because this was not a planned stop. He said he would go and ask the manager to approve my drink. He returned in about 5 mins to report that the manager refused to serve anyone alcohol without an ID and he would not make an exception.

Did I mention that I am over 50 years old? Although I like to think I look young for my age I certainly look over 40. The manager never came out to speak to me or to explain his decision. We decided to leave and take our business to a local restaurant down the street (T-Bones).

The manager at Bugaboo Creek in Bedford should be replaced for their lack of Customer Service skills. They are going to lose a lot of business. We will not return.

• Visited October 2012
Pittsfield, New Hampshire
“YUK!!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We hadn't been here in a while-so off we went on a Saturday lunch. First clue parking lot empty at 12:30! Staff was friendly -nice-helpful. We were offered warm bread-said ok and ordered an appitizer-spinach dip and chips-this was great. Bread?? Ordered a 8 oz burger med-rare.
Double burger medium. Bread? 8 oz burger was way past medium-bun was burnt inside. Double burger was well done- bun hardly toasted.
Worst tasting and looking burger We have ever had!! Waiter did offer to take everying back-management hope everything was ok!! Bread? Oh we finally got it to take home.

• Visited October 2012