“Manager has no customer service skills” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
NH
“Manager has no customer service skills”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We decided to go to Bugaboo Creek for lunch after shopping in the area last weekend. The restaurant was almost empty when we arrived so we decided to sit at the bar. We were greeted warmly by the bartender.

I ordered a draft beer and was politely asked for my ID. I am over 50 years old and I replied that I had not brought by ID with me because this was not a planned stop. He said he would go and ask the manager to approve my drink. He returned in about 5 mins to report that the manager refused to serve anyone alcohol without an ID and he would not make an exception.

Did I mention that I am over 50 years old? Although I like to think I look young for my age I certainly look over 40. The manager never came out to speak to me or to explain his decision. We decided to leave and take our business to a local restaurant down the street (T-Bones).

The manager at Bugaboo Creek in Bedford should be replaced for their lack of Customer Service skills. They are going to lose a lot of business. We will not return.

• Visited October 2012

Pittsfield, New Hampshire
“YUK!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We hadn't been here in a while-so off we went on a Saturday lunch. First clue parking lot empty at 12:30! Staff was friendly -nice-helpful. We were offered warm bread-said ok and ordered an appitizer-spinach dip and chips-this was great. Bread?? Ordered a 8 oz burger med-rare.
Double burger medium. Bread? 8 oz burger was way past medium-bun was burnt inside. Double burger was well done- bun hardly toasted.
Worst tasting and looking burger We have ever had!! Waiter did offer to take everying back-management hope everything was ok!! Bread? Oh we finally got it to take home.

• Visited October 2012