“Best Hampton Inn I've Stayed At”

Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed August 20, 2007

I stay at enough Hilton family properties to be an Hhonors silver member and can say this is one of the best Hampton Inn properties I've stayed at -- if not the Hilton family altogether.

Late check-in and silver status got me bumped to a nicer room, and....wow. New furnishings. Gas fireplace (disabled...probably since my stay was in August). Spacious seating area and work desk. Flat screen TV.

Convenient access to airport and I-93/NH 101. Would stay again without question.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCA

Reviewed August 1, 2007

What a great place to stay. We were there for two nights. Clean, huge rooms, all the comforts. Aircon a little noisy, but bearable. The value for money was great.

Staff were mostly pleasant. The propertry is well maintained and attractive. On the morning we left the phones were down (lots of rain that night).

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2007

I was in Bedford for business. This hotel was close to the conference facilities. I've stayed at several other Hampton Inns prior to this stay. I have always been happy with my experiences. This stay was no different.

The start to my stay was a little bit annoying. Check in was quick, but the key card to my room did not work. I hauled my luggage back down stairs twice before the third key actually worked. The woman at reception was very kind and gave me $15 credit to be used for food at the gift shop as a way to make up for the inconvenience of going up and down the elevator 3 times. I appreciated the kind gesture when she very easily could have just apologized and left it at that.

Once I got into my room it was just as I requested (N/S, king, away from the elevator). There was plenty of room with a decent sized bathroom, king bed (with very soft linens), chair with ottoman and desk area. The desk had sufficient space for me to set up my laptop and various notebooks/papers. The free internet was a big plus, as was the free parking.

As with all the other Hampton Inns, breakfast was included. There were a variety of fruits, cereals, pastries and hot items to choose from. Coffee, tea and juice were also available. The breakfast area was very quite first thing in the morning, but filled quickly, mostly with business travelers. There was ample space for all guests to sit at their own tables or on the sofa to watch the large flat screen TV on the wall of the breakfast area.

I did use the fitness center on site, but found it very small and somewhat cramped, which is not much different than most hotel fitness facilities. There was a strong odor of cleaning agents in the fitness room. I appreciate the fact that the hotel is attempting to clean their facilities, but the strong odor gave me an instant headache. Being attached to the pool area, there was no way to properly ventilate the room.

Overall, my stay at this particular Hampton Inn was a very good one. The staff was knowledgeable, helpful and very kind. The room was spotless and well equipped. Freebies like the internet, parking and breakfast were a plus. The location was superb with a variety of restaurants and a mall nearby. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat if I were in the Manchester/Bedford area.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Always_Globetrotting
Reviewed March 9, 2007

We did a park and fly package at this hotel and it was very affordable. The hotel is beautiful and the room was spacious. We requested a crib and were given a pack n play with two nice new fitted sheets. The breakfast was nice too. The only thing I didn't care for was the shuttle to the hotel was in a minivan. I didn't like having the baby w/ no car seat , I would much prefer a traditional shuttle bus.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank britfish
Reviewed February 2, 2007

First of all this place is Gorgeous and pretty Clean. The Staff I encountered was always happy and smiling! I stayed for one night to go the palace theatre in Manch. and it was overall a nice relaxing stay! The coffee is great,THe pillows are awesome. THe bathroom was huge although 2 queen beds in the room took up quite a bit of Floor space. O well! i would stop anyone from staying here its a 9 out of a 10 defenitely!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank goodgirl7
Reviewed September 20, 2006

My husband & I stayed for 3 nights at this great Hampton Inn. The room was very clean & everything looked brand new. The rates were reasonable for fall in New England. This Hampton Inn has the new heavenly bed & power jet showerhead. Our room also had a refrigerator & microwave. There was fresh coffee & tea all day in the lobby. The continental breakfast was very fresh & there was plenty to eat. You do need a car as there are no restaurants within walking distance. We asked the front desk staff to recommend restaurants & they gave as excellent choices. We ate at Famous Daves BBQ & the Lobster Boat. The other great advantage to staying here is the location--right off the main highway & 5 minutes from the airport. You can not go wrong if you stay here.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank susan c
Reviewed February 17, 2006

This was our 2nd stay at this location. We booked a jacuzzi suite with a fireplace. The room was very spacious complete with a work area and FREE high speed internet. The kitchen was a great feature, fridge, microwave, and sink. We were the area on business and stayed here for a week. Every morning, I grabbed a bagged breakfast to go (Muffin, apple, granola bar & bottled water.) My husband, worked from the room each day and he enjoyed the daily, complimentary breakfast in the lounge area. In the evenings, the hotel provided a "light" supper. Chili, salad & hot rolls...things of that nature, one night it was mac and cheese. Fabulous extra touches, we will always stay here when we are in the Manchester area. Great Value.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank Teri B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Manchester Airport, NH
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Manchester Downtown Hotel
Manchester Downtown Hotel
#4 of 16 in Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford? Share your experiences!