“Great value”

Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Clean hotel, quiet, comfortable. Enthusiastic employee at front desk! Great location -- near food and shopping. Easily accessible from highway. Completely met my expecations based on other hotels in this brand.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hampton8, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. Happy Holidays! We look forward to having you with us in the future!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip in December, 2013. The staff was very friendly and accommodating upon check in, putting us in a king room even though none were available when I reserved our room. The hotel was serving a complimentary selection of wines and beer along with salad and chicken fingers in the breakfast room which was a well appreciated surprise for us.
Our room was clean and in good condition, the water pressure in the shower was fine. The bed and pillows weren't very plush, but were definitely acceptable.
This hotel seemed to cater more to business travelers which was a real plus for us although that meant that there was no "Complimentary Happy Hour" on Friday evening. The staff was very helpful, with good recommendations for shopping and restaurants in the area, even providing me with coupons for some local merchants. At one point, as I was walking to the elevator, the friendly maintenance person asked how our room was and if everything was working ok. THAT has never happened to me before!
The breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast, not much to say there. If you're looking for something better, there is an Ihop right around the corner. Overall, we had a very positive experience staying here and plan to stay here again the next time we are in Manchester.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Happy Holidays! We look forward to having you with us in the future!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Overall this is a fine moderately priced hotel. I would recommend it to anyone. The staff was very accommodating and helpful to weary travelers going to a loved ones funeral during a Holiday. I would like to clarify that our extremely long wait can be attributed to an inferior backup cab company and not the hotel. When the shuttle was available, they came right over within minutes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We apologize for the inconvenience to you. Our hearts are with your family and you. While we are sorry and sad for your circumstance of travel, it's always a pleasure to have you with us as our guest! We appreciate you communicating your experience so we may improve our services in everyway! We look forward to having you staying with us again in the future. Our deepest sympathy and thoughts for you all.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I arrived late prior to flying from Manchester. I stayed based on the availability of hotel to airport transportation. Everything was fine. The bed was fine, as was the internet, shower, and amenities. I was quite impressed with the cleanliness. The staff was friendly and efficient. I would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel Thanksgiving night.. from the moment we walked in till we left, we had nothing but excellent service. The girl that checked us in, Karen, was extremely pleasant and very helpful for our needs.

Our room was very comfortable and extremely clean. If I had to say anything and the reason it's not rated higher would be that the walls are a bit thinner than we'd like and we could hear the sound of the neighbors voice when she was on the phone but once she hung up, all was quiet.

The free breakfast the next morning was fresh & plentiful, with fruit, pastries, toast, bagels, eggs and the best- freshly made waffles (you make your own in less than 2 minutes!).. The staff worked hard to make sure everything was well stocked at all times and it was really very busy with the thanksgiving crowd.

After breakfast, we checked with the girl at the front desk, Gina, to see if we could book again for Christmas eve.. She too was extremely nice and indeed, we were able to book again for the same rate. Since we have family in Manchester, this place might just have become our go-to hotel. (Will update after our next visit)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I arrived late at night having returned from a week at Mt Washington, where I stayed in a luxury hotel, so I was expecting to come down to earth with a bump, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Hampton Inn. The guy on reception realized I was more than a little weary and gave me an extra quiet room. It featured an open fire which soon gave the room a cozy glow. The internet worked fine and I had a good nights rest. The breakfast was simple but good, and the other guests were very friendly , especially when they realized I wasn't a local. Well done Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed at many hampton inn hotels but this is the first time this has happened. Three weeks ago, I reserved online a room at the Hampton Inn this location. When we (my wife, 2 children and I) arrived the evening of 9 p.m. to check-in, the young lady at the front desk told me that my reservation was cancelled. She then called another woman to the front desk who rudely refused our reservation saying that the credit card was declined. She said they tried to contact me and left a message at my house line. We were travelling therefore did not receive the message. My question is: How can my online reservation be declined? The reservation was confirmed and guaranteed.
She was rude and threatened to call the police. I asked to speak to the manager and she said he couldn't do anything. I asked to use the business center so that I could look for another hotel and she again refused. She refused to give me the number to Hampton Inn's head office nor even give me her name. (She was not wearing a name tag). It was late in the evening and we were tired from the long drive.
Reluctantly, we went across the street to The Country Inn (with no vacancies) who graciously made many telephone calls to help us look for another hotel. Finally there was one an hour away.
I had a guaranteed and confirmed reservation. Hampton Inn has my account profile in their system. I am trying to understand why the front desk was so rude and unhelpful their customers. I have made complain to Hilton customer service so far no reply.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Srikanthas
hampton8, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced a nonstandard situation with your reservation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures so as to prevent simialr issues for future guests. I do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester/Bedford NH Staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn
#2 of 4 in Bedford
Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford? Share your experiences!