“Booking Cancelled at check-in reason credit card declined reserved three weeks ago front desk was so rude”

Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Walt Disney World, Florida
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed at many hampton inn hotels but this is the first time this has happened. Three weeks ago, I reserved online a room at the Hampton Inn this location. When we (my wife, 2 children and I) arrived the evening of 9 p.m. to check-in, the young lady at the front desk told me that my reservation was cancelled. She then called another woman to the front desk who rudely refused our reservation saying that the credit card was declined. She said they tried to contact me and left a message at my house line. We were travelling therefore did not receive the message. My question is: How can my online reservation be declined? The reservation was confirmed and guaranteed.
She was rude and threatened to call the police. I asked to speak to the manager and she said he couldn't do anything. I asked to use the business center so that I could look for another hotel and she again refused. She refused to give me the number to Hampton Inn's head office nor even give me her name. (She was not wearing a name tag). It was late in the evening and we were tired from the long drive.
Reluctantly, we went across the street to The Country Inn (with no vacancies) who graciously made many telephone calls to help us look for another hotel. Finally there was one an hour away.
I had a guaranteed and confirmed reservation. Hampton Inn has my account profile in their system. I am trying to understand why the front desk was so rude and unhelpful their customers. I have made complain to Hilton customer service so far no reply.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Srikanthas
hampton8, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced a nonstandard situation with your reservation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures so as to prevent simialr issues for future guests. I do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester/Bedford NH Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The service and the facilities were excellent. I would recommend this hotel. The rooms are well kept and the employees were very helpful. I would recommend a high floor in order to get a nice fall view.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boston, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have worked in the hospitality industry in the past. It's not easy and I have a lot of respect for those who do it well! Now that I am out of the industry and traveling for my new career I REALLY value good service. The employees here were extremely welcoming and most importantly the rooms were clean! Great complimentary breakfast as well!

Scarborough, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've always seek out the Hilton chains while traveling for work or business. The staff is always friendly and accomodating, the rooms and lobby is updated often and make it feel like a luxury resort and who doesn't love Hampton's happy hour and cookies. They make you forget you're away from home.

Brookville, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Hampton Inn and Suites was a great experience. The price was right and the hotel was beautiful. The complimentary breakfast was more then your basic fruit and bagels. I am from New York and travelled with 19 other people. The place accomodated our bus and there were stores close to the hotel to get whatever you needed. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. This hotel was quiet and I slept great.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hampton8, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
It is always a pleasure having you all with us! Thank you for your comments!
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had book the wrong arrival date and had to pay double for 2 rooms. I was promised that a manager would contact me to discuss some kind of resolution, which never happened. The hotel, staff and breakfast was value for money. There is no propper dinner oppertunity in the hotel, but several places within 1 mile.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the should you return to our area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. Thank you
White River Junction, Vermont
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have had to stay in Manchester area before to leave for Business early in the morning and this time I choose Hampton Inn as apposed to the others, it was still close to the airport, very clean, welcoming I will stay again when need.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn
#2 of 4 in Bedford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford? Share your experiences!