“Very nice hotel somewhat close to MHT”

Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Really nice property about a 15 minute drive from the airport. Comfortable beds, clean room and an airport shuttle that took my friend to the airport as I had a later flight. You might want a car if you are staying any length of time as the nearest restaurant is about a mile away. Easy access to I93 will have you in Boston or the Lakes region in about an hour. If your room overlooks the front entrance to the botel, you will be treated to a magnificent sunrise coming up over the mountain.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank thkent
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We booked this hotel because it was close to the airport and had a courtesy shuttle. When we arrived our room was ready and immaculate. The room was a king and had a small kitchenette with microwave and fridge. The living area was large and had a fireplace. The bed was comfortable and we slept well that night, The hotel served a complimentary wine and small buffet in late afternoon to its guests. We were able to book the park and fly package and leave out car there a week at no extra charge. The courtesy van was on time and promply took us to the airport after our free continental breakfast. We will definately stay here again if we are in the area..

Room Tip: Book early because i bet they sell out soon!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

When I arrived at the hotel I found out that because I was an employee of Hilton I could only have a smoking room, when I explained that I had an allergy to nicotine the young man at the Front Desk called to get permission for me to change to a non-smoking room. The person he called said no. I figured I would make the best of it and checked in. The room was horrible. Not only was it the worst smelling room I have ever stayed in (and I have stayed in a lot of hotels), it was not my first smoking room but it was made worst by an under cleaned ash tray and ashes on the desk which blending in with the granite like surface. I did not discover this until I sat down to use the desk and found it had food stuck to it and I was trying to scrub it clean. I next when to Iron cloths, no Iron. The towels had long frayed strings on them. So I get my room cleaner (afraid to look under the beds) and figure that housekeeping is useless so I hang the do not disturb sign on my door and head out for the day.
When I get back I stop by the desk and ask for an Iron (4 hours later I am still waiting), I get to my room and wash my hands to get the days grime off of them, no towels, no wash clothes, no bath mat but there is still a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Housekeeping took them all but did not replace them. Of the 100s of hotels I have ever stayed in from the small Route 66 Inn to the Omni in Pittsburgh this was the worst hotel stay I have ever had. They did not even have passable coffee. I would recommend you look to the other Hilton brand hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Meme1960
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We booked 50 rooms for family and friends attending our daughter's wedding. The afternoon of everyone's arrival gift bags for all the guests were delivered personally to the manager on duty. We were assured that the gifts would be given to each guest at check in. THEY WERE NOT! The bags contained the usual handy items one would find but also homemade cookies compliments of the groom's dad and a personal note to each guest written by the bride. So much for that.

Much to our chagrin each guest at check in was required to sign a pledge that they would not make excessive noise at any time and they would refrain from drinking in the elevator. Talk about being paternal. These people were middle aged professionals. What did you think Hampton Inn... That this was spring break?

Except for this screw up the wedding otherwise was superb. I hope you and the staff enjoy the gift bags.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank BorderFox
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Manchester for two nights for a friend's wedding and had an excellent experience. We received a discounted rate due to booking through the wedding but were upgraded to a King Suite with a fireplace and kitchen-ette for only $5 more at $80 which I found to be very reasonable and it also included a hot breakfast. The rooms were spacious and clean. The television was dated but we weren't necessarily there to watch TV. The front desk staff was excellent. Being in the bridal party, we were running around getting ready day of the wedding and they had anything and everything we had forgotten. The hotel is also right across the street from Target which was also very convenient for last minute wedding "things". It is also a 3-5 minute drive to many, many restaurants (mostly chain, fast food) and the Manchester mall.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My company rented out the meeting space last week for an event that we were holding in Bedford. All initial contact that I had was through Danielle DeLoid who does the sales for the Hotel. She was great to work with. Unfortunatly she was out of town during our event. This left the General Manager Enam as out contact. Needless to say he didnt have a 1/100th of the Customer Service that Danielle did. His big response to everything was that he did not book our event so anything that I had discussed with Danielle he knew nothing about. He got angry that people were in his breakfast area. Anytime I asked him what I could do to make him happy his answer was "I Don't Know" At the end of the event my team had decided that they would stay in the hotel for one more night instead of driving overnight to our next destination. He started to refuse our company check saying that his hotel does NOT except company checks. I expained that we had paid everything to him with a company check for our event and he claimed to not know anything about that. After much negotiation he finally took the check but made me fill out a Credit Authorization "just in case." The hotel itself is nice and clean. I would say that if you want to hold a company event at this hotel do so BUT make sure that you deal with Danielle and that she will be there for your entire event.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2010

We decided to go to New Hampshire to do some shopping and just relax. We had never stayed near Manchester before, but to be honest, in Portsmouth, the hotels were more expensive, and we had been there, done that.

We stayed at other Hampton Inns before. This one was great. We ended up with a "larger" King Suite, with a small kitchen area, but lots of room. The people at the front desk were very nice, and the staff who served breakfast in the morning(lots of choice, including something hot like scrambled eggs or an egg topped bagel with cheese, pastries, toast, fruit...) were delightful.

The first day, we shopped until we dropped, and since it was a Wed night, the "manager's reception" was on from 5 to 7. Not only was there wine and beer, there was a lovely vegetarian pasta with salad and rolls...exactly what we wanted after a long day on our feed. This is available from Monday to Thursday night, and again, the lady in charge of it was so helpful and nice.

The pool area was great, the room they served the breakfast was very clean - the only small concern was we were on the 3rd floor and one of the 2 elevators was out of order for a day...meant a little longer wait, but we were on vacation, after all!

About 10 minutes to the Mall of New Hampshire, about 30 minutes from Tilton outlet shops...we were ideally situated.

We will definitely return again, and recommend it highly

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn
#2 of 4 in Bedford

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford? Share your experiences!