“Poor seating but great food!”
Review of River Road Tavern

River Road Tavern
Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Poor seating but great food!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently tried this new restaurant. The roasted chicken was out of this world! The service was a bit lacking - not sure if waitress had too many tables or too many outside vs inside, while we preferred inside seating on a very very warm night. I did not like the high top tables - this is terrible for senior citizens - or someone like myself who has had two hip replacements. A handicapped woman, in a wheelchair, had to eat with her chin at table level - which seemed quite uncomfortable. I also didn't care about family style seating when I was going out with my husband for a "quiet" dinner. Definitely not quiet but probably one of the best places for a sports bar if that is what the diner is looking for.

Visited July 2012

New Boston, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I am not a Bedfordite”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ergo, I do not possess a sense of entitlement.

RRT is a great little place with a short menu and creative specials. The beer list is solid and rotated frequently. I have had some great burgers and roasted half-chicken meals and have ZERO concerns, complaints or reservations about returning.

I cannot imagine what the other negative reviewers were expecting, but RRT doesn't try to be the BVI or Chop House, and only a fool would expect it to be.

I'll be back for lunch before the week is out.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank NHHophead
New Hampshire
“Once is enough”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Surprised when we walked in to find a small open area with high top tables, and room for approx. 8 at the bar. Restaurant is decorated with several bumper stickers on the stainless steel range hood, along with a rebel flag, and upside down"slow" sign...you get the idea. Twelve tap beers offered with the most of them the usual suspects such as Bud Lite, IPA, etc. The menu is limited to say the least. There seems to be a theme with the offerings. The mussels are cooked with onions and jalapenos, calamari also involves jalapenos, the marinara sauce is "spicy"..enough said. We ordered the apple wood bacon starter which was fine. The Kobe burger arrived over cooked, with some type of rub / spice on it. I have never seen Kobe beef seasoned....it just doesn't make sense to do that to that quality of beef. The french fries arrived in a small stainless steel cup and are like pomme frites similar to fried julienned potatoes heavily salted. Green beens very also spicy, and Kobe sliders were also seasoned. Also ordered were two drinks, one glass of wine, ( wine list is poor),leading to a final bill with tax and tip of almost $80.!! Drinks are
expensive and mediocre at best. If you are under 30 years old, you and the guys have finished the landscaping job for the day then put your baseball hat on backwards belly up to the bar order a draft and enjoy ESPN.

• Visited June 2012
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Slow decline... Will not be returning again”
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

We have frequented river road since it opened; however, tonight the food and service were horrible. The service began as extremely slow. When we finally placed orders it took quite some time for our food to arrive. When the food arrived it has very poor quality. The Cheetos on my Mac and cheese were stale- to the point of being rubbery to chew. The side of tomatoes I ordered had rotten spots - both tomatoes! I pointed this out to the waitress and she said okay. No offer to replace them and she did not even clear the rotten slices away. At the end of the meal, I said to her it was a good thing this was not our first trip because we would not be back. But then our check came and she charged me for the rotten tomatoes! Such poor quality control and horrible customer service. I am saddened that what could've been a regular watering hole is tolerant of such low quality food and service. :(

1 Thank rchriste170
Chandler, Arizona
“Great Beer Selection”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Great beer selection. Menu is simple, food is good. This is a great place to watch the game.

Visited May 2012