“Great food and service”

Shorty's Grill
Ranked #19 of 46 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family loves Mexican food, but I'm the odd one out and don't enjoy Mexican food. So Shorty's is a good compromise because my parents really enjoy the Mexican dishes while I can have a Hawaii 5-0 quesidilla. It's a great restaurant and I like the new options. I recommend trying it out. All those "it's not Mexican enough" critics wouldn't be satisfied unless they were in Mexico. They probably already made up their mind before they went out to eat. They even added an outdoor seating area. I'm excited to try that in the summer.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Mexican food from a can.
That is the only way to say it.
Bad food, bad service, yuk
Never ever returning there

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This was our first visit to Shortys in Bedford. Food was good. But, parking is a huge problem. I went in to sign up for a table while my husband waited for a spot he waited a while and even noticed people leaving in frustration. Although our server was friendly, her tables were all over the restaurant and service extremely slow.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stopped in on a Sunday night around 6pm. Headed in to the newly redecorated bar. Pam served up some fabulous top-shelf margaritas. Had the chicken chingalingas, atomic chicken fingers and southwest egg rolls. All were great. Saw some old and new times on the menu. Place looks great, even the newly renovated bathrooms which badly needed a new look. They were busy in both the bar and restaurant. Used to be an old favorite of ours and we are glad it is back. We will return.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Being from TX this was definitely not even remotely close to TexMex or Mexican food. It was fine, not spicy, not a lot of flavor. If you like bland Mexican food then I guess this will be your spot.

I sat at the bar and the bartender was a great guy, the service was timely and polite. The place was hopping so I'm guessing a lot of folks like this type of Mexican food. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, just not the taste I'm used to.