“Terrible”

Cuisines: Seafood
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Terrible”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I took my brother here who was visiting from Florida for "authentic" NE seafood. What a disappointment. Fried soggy food and there were literally FLYS all over the restaurant. We complained and the waitress joked and asked if we wanted a flyswatter. Will never go back

1 Thank aanla

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Stick to the menu”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I used to love this restaurant but the last few visits have been disappointing. When trying the "specials" I have found them to be trial and error - mostly error. One such meal was steak tips which were marinated in something I have never had before and don't care to have again. It tasted of lemon with a ton of garlic - or maybe a bourbon taste - but in my opinion inedible. This came with a "lobster tail" but no one said it would be a "fried" piece of lobster - which was very very chewy. Fried food is not supposed to be in my diet so I just scraped this fried batter off - and just made for a disappointing meal after anticipating a nice piece of lobster. The wait staff can be either very very good or very very bad. One young man tries hard but never seems to "get it" right. I groan inside each time we are put in his section. We will go back but will stick to the regular menu items and cross our fingers to get a good server.

• Visited September 2012
“Sweet Sweet Lobster!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

After having some waxy, tough lobster this summer on the NH coast, I was thinking that Lobster must have been out of season, but after having some steamed lobster at Weathervane the other night, I realized that they just plain old cooked it better. The meat was sweet and tender and cooked to perfection. I also enjoyed steamed clams that were delicious and not at all gritty. The prices are steep, but for the flavor, worth every penny. Renee our server was attentive and gave great personal service. Except for a little ding for the prices, I give this one a thumbs up!

Amherst, New Hampshire
“Always great food, sometimes great service”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Weathervane is our "go to" dinner place when we decide at the last minute to eat out. For us, it's close and the food is consistently good. The fried haddock dinner is 2 ginormous pieces of flaky haddock accompanied by a mound of fries, and a cup of cole slaw. Clams, scallops and shrimp, and the onion rings are super as well. Prices are very reasonable. I can't remember a time when the food was less than wonderful. But the service there is almost completely dependent on how busy they are. And it's not necessarily what you'd think. When they are busy, we find that the service is great. When they are slow, the service can be horrendous. But the food always keeps us coming back.

New York City, New York
“Always a great place for seafood at good prices”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've been visiting the Weathervane chain for over 20 years. They always have great specials and the food is good. It is great place for families with kids.