“My favorite restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Teknique

Teknique
Reserve with OpenTable
Teknique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bedford, New Hampshire
“My favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am a regular here and have never had anything other than a wonderful meal with excellent service. The menu changes regularly while keeping my favorites intact. Love it.

Visited October 2012

Bedford NH
“Good but not perfect!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

On second visit with my wife I really noticed some of the pros and cons of this restaurant.
I chose the frogs legs as appetizer and it was very poor and bland. My wife had mussels and said they were nice but not quite up to the same standard as Republic.
Unfortunately after finishing, we sat looking at the remains of our appetizers for 40mins until the entrees came. We poured our own wine and had no water refills. As our server was scurrying around the other tables around us, then this is strange unless he thought my wife intended to eat the mussel shells?
My entree was the pecan crusted short ribs, which were substantial but a little over-cooked and dry. My wife again fared better with her pan roaster scallops, which she thoroughly enjoyed. With bottle of wine, a cognac and Cointreau coffee it came to just over $130.
Overall food is probably better than the dreadful Copper Door and not as pretentious as BVI so will do well in Bedford. But they need to work on the basics a little more, namely the service and also mastering the menu by removing dishes that are only there for show (ie Frogs legs).

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NHstu
“An excellent night out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'll go out on a limb and say the best meal I've had in NH. Tonight we started with the Man's Man Martini, and the Pear Martini- both excellent. For appetizers we had the Escargot, and Tuna done Two Ways. Again, excellent. The escargot comes with shrimp and is in a creamy sweet vermouth sauce, and the tuna serving was very generous- in strips seared, and diced as sashimi, along with seaweed salad and rice noodles. For the main course we opted for the short-ribs, crusted with pecans, with cheesy mashed potatoes, and the hanger steak with string green beans and potato quarters. The short-ribs didn't need a knife they were so tender, and the steak was done perfectly medium-rare and already sliced. For dessert, the limoncello cake and creme' brulee' trio were yummy, along with good coffee. We've eaten many times at places like the Chop House, Buckley's, and Cotton, but Tek Nique is right up there with all of them, and tonight may have been a notch above the rest. Our server was Lauren and she did a great job, everything had perfect timing, and we didn't have to want for anything. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Merrimack, NH
“All around fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my second visit to Tek-nique and my husband's first. My first visit was good, but we experienced some issues with service the first time. Last night our dinner and experience was fantastic.
For starters we had the oysters, the summer salad and the shrimp & escargot. The summer salad is truly wonderful. It is Brussels sprout petals, goji berries, candied almonds, sunflower seeds, and blue cheese with just the right amount of dressing. The flavors in the salad are perfectly balanced. The oysters we had were fresh and delicious. The shrimp and escargot had a really great sauce. I also had a rhubarb martini that was a wonderful cocktail.
For entrees, my husband had the Duck Two Ways and he enjoyed it very much. I had the Free Form Seafood Lasagna. I can see why the Seafood Lasagna is an award winning dish. It's sooooo good!
We managed to find room for dessert and split the Almond Joy Fried Banana and we really enjoyed it.
We each had a glass of wine recommend to us by our server, Carrie. It's not very often that you are able to order such phenomenal wine by the glass in a restaurant. Carrie really made our experience at Tek-nique wonderful. She was perfect! For those of you that may have experienced problems with service in the past, ask for Carrie and you won't be disappointed. And if you're looking for a fantastic cocktail ask for Allie the bartender. She made my rhubarb martini.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MerrimackMrs
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Still doing a great job”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place really does a consistently nice job. The service staff are all extremely knowledgable and interested in making your experience enjoyable. The food is extremely well prepared and, although we would,like to see them be a bit more aggressive in seasonal specials, we really love their product. Best restaurant in town BY FAR and easily stands to be in the running for the best in the state

Visited July 2012