“An excellent night out.”
Review of Teknique

Teknique
Reserve with OpenTable
Teknique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“An excellent night out.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'll go out on a limb and say the best meal I've had in NH. Tonight we started with the Man's Man Martini, and the Pear Martini- both excellent. For appetizers we had the Escargot, and Tuna done Two Ways. Again, excellent. The escargot comes with shrimp and is in a creamy sweet vermouth sauce, and the tuna serving was very generous- in strips seared, and diced as sashimi, along with seaweed salad and rice noodles. For the main course we opted for the short-ribs, crusted with pecans, with cheesy mashed potatoes, and the hanger steak with string green beans and potato quarters. The short-ribs didn't need a knife they were so tender, and the steak was done perfectly medium-rare and already sliced. For dessert, the limoncello cake and creme' brulee' trio were yummy, along with good coffee. We've eaten many times at places like the Chop House, Buckley's, and Cotton, but Tek Nique is right up there with all of them, and tonight may have been a notch above the rest. Our server was Lauren and she did a great job, everything had perfect timing, and we didn't have to want for anything. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012

Merrimack, NH
“All around fantastic experience”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my second visit to Tek-nique and my husband's first. My first visit was good, but we experienced some issues with service the first time. Last night our dinner and experience was fantastic.
For starters we had the oysters, the summer salad and the shrimp & escargot. The summer salad is truly wonderful. It is Brussels sprout petals, goji berries, candied almonds, sunflower seeds, and blue cheese with just the right amount of dressing. The flavors in the salad are perfectly balanced. The oysters we had were fresh and delicious. The shrimp and escargot had a really great sauce. I also had a rhubarb martini that was a wonderful cocktail.
For entrees, my husband had the Duck Two Ways and he enjoyed it very much. I had the Free Form Seafood Lasagna. I can see why the Seafood Lasagna is an award winning dish. It's sooooo good!
We managed to find room for dessert and split the Almond Joy Fried Banana and we really enjoyed it.
We each had a glass of wine recommend to us by our server, Carrie. It's not very often that you are able to order such phenomenal wine by the glass in a restaurant. Carrie really made our experience at Tek-nique wonderful. She was perfect! For those of you that may have experienced problems with service in the past, ask for Carrie and you won't be disappointed. And if you're looking for a fantastic cocktail ask for Allie the bartender. She made my rhubarb martini.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MerrimackMrs
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Still doing a great job”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place really does a consistently nice job. The service staff are all extremely knowledgable and interested in making your experience enjoyable. The food is extremely well prepared and, although we would,like to see them be a bit more aggressive in seasonal specials, we really love their product. Best restaurant in town BY FAR and easily stands to be in the running for the best in the state

Visited July 2012
1 Thank cruiseagentandtaxman
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Very good food but a few problems”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I went back to Tek-Nique for her birthday after an enjoyable brunch there a few months earlier. Although it was still sunny outside, all the blinds were closed and it was not particularly welcoming inside. As it is in a strip mall, we were not missing any great views but it would have been nice to see the natural light.
I would not recommend the beet salad with arugula. Although the arugula was extremely tasty, there was only a very small amount of beets. Every time I order beet salad, I always get less than expected; note to self, "do not order beet salad again". The maitre d', albeit ungraciously, did bring additional beets, after he had finished a long conversation with regulars. After the experience with the beets, I was not expecting much from the scallops but the quantity and the quality were both excellent; five large, plump and very fresh scallops. I would definitely recommend the dish and the price was reasonable.
The service was pleasant but not the best. After an above average wait for the entrees, they were taken to the wrong table, which was symptomatic of the lack of attention to detail.
All in all an OK experience but we were hoping for better based on our previous visit.

• Visited July 2012
S NH
“Second Visit No Improvement in Service”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Dined for the second time at Teknique a few weeks ago, the food was very good but sadly once again the service was lacking. We dined early evening on a Friday it was busy but not totally fully, still empty tables.
The scallops with ratatouille and beurre blanc was very good and in speaking with friends who have also dined there it was their favorite entrée too.
Sadly once again the service was lacking and inattentive with very slow drink service. Note to Teknique you would sell more liquor and wine if the service were improved.
Additionally the menu is NOT seasonally adjusted it has been the same menu in winter and spring and according to the menu on the website it is still the same.
With this being the second time in a row of experiencing poor service at Teknique, I have decided it is my last and I can no longer recommend Teknique to friends.
The food is very good and I do not fault the kitchen at all. If the prices were lowered I would be willing to put up with the poor service however at this price point it is a poor value for the money.

• Visited May 2012