“I don't intend to go back!”

Bedford Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“I don't intend to go back!”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I had heard about Bedford Village Inn and wanted to try it out. I love dining out so I thought I could give it a try. It is a very nice cosy place to dine . BUT; the place is very, very pricey. The appetizers are very tiny, you can't feed an infant on the counteable pieces of appetizers they give you ! The portions are too small for the price! To make matters worse they feed you with a lot of breads as starters, this way you will be full by the time the main entree arrives. The scallops tasted of vanilla!
This is a place that I will not go back.
I do not have anything against Bedford Village Inn but they need to improve on their food.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Scyprian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
milford
Reviewed August 24, 2010

In all honesty, I hadn't read the cancellation policy and if you make your reservation within 10 days of staying at the inn and need to cancel for any reason whatsoever, you will be billed for one full night stay. Ok, i decided to take my child instead of the intended individual and turns out because of my triple a card, which you must show in person, it was cheaper for me to stay there, then to have the one night cancelled. Suite was dingy, carpet needs to be replaced and wall paper was very dated. For more than $300 a night, I expected much more. Will definitely eat at the restaurant again however I will never spend another night there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank enfin777
winter springs,fl
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We recently attended a wedding at the Bedford Village Inn. The rooms were absolutely beautiful.The wedding in the gardens was in the most exquisite setting for an outdoor wedding. Food at the wedding was excellent although a steak knife should have been provided. When I checked out I realized I had left a valuable article at the inn. After multiple phone calls with no response as to whether or not it had been found, I decided to drive there. I spoke to the housekeeping supervisor who stated it was not found and would have been taken to lost and found immediately. He did apologize for their lack of response but insisted that the item could not have been left there. Lo and behold the folllowing day(4 days after checkout), I received a call saying the item had been found. No apology for the delay and lack of response and no one would say where it was. This in addition to other little things,make me say beautiful place but don't expect great service or a staff that lives up to the site.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank cordy08
USA
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We dined at The Bedford Village Inn for a holiday with family and friends. First off, the restrooms were dirty and that was an immediate turn off. During dinner, a female in our party asked the watier to taste the wine, & he blatently disregarded the request and gave it to the gentleman to taste. Shocking! The waiter also kept looking around at all the other tables while he was trying to service ours, when his focus should have been on our table instead. It's as if we were a bother, which lead to an extremely uncomfortable experience. When we asked him questions about the items on the menu, he just shook his head up and down and side to side, not really answering propely, and not giving us alternatives to some of the dishes we had questions on. Just a very strange environment, and just horrible service all around. The next day, we called/emailed management and the owner. The manager took 5 days to return my call, and after three calls in to the owner, we haven't even received an acknowledgement to date. How can a place which boasts of prestige and great customer service behave in this dispicable manner? By displaying this indifferent behavior, they are saying that they could care less about the customer, who keeps places like these going. Don't waste your time, money or energy here. Two thumbs down. Very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank LiveWellUsa
Scarsdale, NY
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I was hoping for something great...but the Country Inn in Bedford was alot better for the value of your money. The AC didn't work and it was muggy and smelled like there was mold growing on the walls. Very quaint and country, with creaky floors if thats what you like. The only reason we stayed the night was for a wedding, Stayed at a better place the two nights prior.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PECCruiser
Connecticut
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We were very impressed with the Bedford Village Inn. We booked the "give us credit" package and we got alot for our money. Upon request, we were able to check in about an hour early. We were there on a monday night, so there were no functions booked at the time of our stay.

The Inn itself is extremely charming. The gardens are absolutely beautiful. Our room was wonderful. It included a large sitting area, flat screen tv, king size bed, jacuzzi tub and charming decor.

We had wine and cheese in the Milk Room before dinner. There was a selection of different cheeses, fruits and nuts and red and white wine. We really enjoyed this. Continental breakfast is also in the Milk Room and consists of pastries, fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee, tea and granola.

We had dinner at the restaurant - we were really looking forward to it because we had heard such great things about it. Our package included a $50 dollar gift certificate to use at any of the restaurants on site. The bread was deliscious. The crab cakes- wonderful. Our main courses we did not enjoy as much. My husband had the gnocci (which I tasted) and we both agreed that it was very bland. I had the lobster. The lobster itself was good but I overlooked on the menu that it was in a sauce with "pork bellies" - I didnt like that too much- but it was my own fault cause I didnt read the menu carefully.

Fresh baked cookies were delivered to our room at turn down service- yum! Overall we really enjoyed our experience. I would say the only things we werent crazy about were: 1. The entrees at the main restaurant 2. Not much to do in Bedford. (we were there visiting relatives)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
houston
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My wife and I had a reservation for 4 nights, then unfortunately had to cancel due to unforeseen personal reasons. The Bedford Inn told us we were responsible for payment of first and last night....so we had friends in the area whom we thought we'd give the room to since we paid for it. Even though the Inn was NOT full that week, they would NOT allow us to combine the nights into 2 consecutive nights...they told us only the 1st and last night...what?!. We travel all over the world, and have never had an Inn or hotel so unaccommodating and unreasonable, esp when they are NOT sold out.
So beware, they'll take your money, but you should hope you don't need to cancel for any reason!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zoosooner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport
Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Centennial Hotel
Centennial Hotel
#3 of 8 in Concord
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Bedford Village Inn? Share your experiences!