“Thanksgiving Stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Boston
“Thanksgiving Stay”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We got a room for two nights including Thanksgiving day. Huge suite and well priced. Comfortable. We had Thanksgiving dinner there, and it was a bit of a madhouse, but the food was good. Serivce a little uneven but the busiest day of the year for them. Only issue was tiny print on the special drinks menu rendered a shocking $26 per glass for what I thought was an ordinary chardonnay, when ordered by friends, as the price was at the bottom in small letters. The rest of the special drinks were not so high.

We have been there before and find it a really nice peaceful place to go, and usually the food is a hit, plus Corks is a fun little pub.

We will definitely go back,maybe not at a major holiday.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny, though minor maintenance issues (handle on slider missing). Even...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New England
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We made a reservation at Corks for New Years Eve. On a busy night that inevitably holds some chaos and mix ups, management went out of their way to make our visit a fantastic one. We were truly amazed by the wonderful service, and our food was excellent. We were very impressed with our treatment, and look forward to our next visit. If you're interested in finding an establishment with fine dining and a friendly, attentive staff (which usually does not go hand in hand!) the Bedford Village Inn is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2012
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We thought going to the Bedford Village Inn on Christmas Eve for lunch would be a family treat. We were so disappointed. First of all, a nice restaurant never serves your salad and your meal at the same time. By the time I got to my meal, the salad was cold. When the man brought my food before my salad, I said "But I ordered a salad?" His response was "Yes, it's right here and handed both to me." I was shocked. While my food was good my husband was not thrilled with his food. My brother also ate there (at my recommendation) a few months ago for Saint Anselm's parent weekend and thought this food (he had curried lobster) was awful. We won't be back again. We thought this would be a yearly tradition for us but next year we'll try the Chop House in Manchester. I hear that is excellent and most importantly, the service is good!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelly K
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Dinner and first trip date, the server stayed and talked and talked the whole time.
Good food lousy server, he was just plain to much talk.
We would go back but not if this guy was the server. The place is nice, the food is good, The wait staff could use some lessons of being more sophisticated. We started asking the server to get us items to leave us a lone.
He started to ignore us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff P
Norwich, Vermont
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My experience at the Bedford Village Inn was simply wonderful. I was greeted cheerfully and checked in with such a warm welcome and efficient handling of my sign-in. My room was perfect, not only for me, but for my visiting guests as a place we could visit. I dined at the restaurant by a warm fire with a wonderful waiter and superb dinner. The service, presentation of food, and preparation of the food was absolutely top-notch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were married at the BVI on November 9th, 2012. The planning process was great. Everyone always tells you that you'll barely eat at your own wedding but after our tasting I was determined to make time to eat the night of - it was worth it! The service, food and venue appearance on the day of was more than I could have hoped for. We received many compliments on the venue. Great job!

Room Tip: If you are staying for a wedding and don't plan on attending the "after party", reques...
1 Thank Shae2424
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed in one of the suites and the room was straight out of nostalgia with all the modern amenities. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom gorgeous and the homemade cookies in our bedroom... priceless.
We would definitely love to come and stay again, the wine room was very nice and the food amazing.

Room Tip: For a family or a few couples, the suites are perfect.
1 Thank laurieacote
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport
#2 of 8 in Concord
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Bedford Village Inn? Share your experiences!