“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for nights recently. The hotel was clean and well-kept. Staff was friendly and attentive, our night clerk, Anthony, went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Nice business and laundry facilities, pool looked clean and maintained. Many stores and restaurants nearby. We would stay here again without question.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I travel extensively across the country and this was by far the best hotel that I have stayed at in the last 6 months. Staff is exceptionally friendly and professional. Hotel is beautiful and very well maintained. Utilized the airport shuttle and the drivers were great and on-time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Manchester area. Had to leave on a 4:00 am shuttle so I wasn't able to eat breakfast, but I have no doubt, it would have been great. Fresh baked cookies and brownies in the lobby and great coffee. Nearby restaurants were plentiful. I will definitely be back their way again on my next trip to the North East!

Room Tip: Had a room on the third floor with a great view and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington
Reviewed July 1, 2013

One of the cleanest rooms I have seen recently. The bathroom was shiny. Shuttle to the airport takes 6 minutes, but you might have to call ahead. Comfortable bed and a very quiet room. They had cookies when we arrived.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Room was big and clean. Bed was comfy but I don't like having to use bedspread as blanket.... Yuck germs. Bathroom was very clean. Never stayed at a country inn before, I would again. Breakfast was included in price, it was edible, there was fresh fruit and juices, wouldn't touch fake eggs, bacon or potatoes but enough good stuff to get the day started.
Oh no TV directory, hate that!

• Stayed June 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently spent 2 days at this hotel. I booked through Priceline and got the rooms at a great price compared to their normal rates. The staff was very courtesy during our stay. The cookies were a nice touch in the lobby. Everything was clean and well maintained. We got to use the pool and hot tub and the laundry facilities. I checked out the fitness center and business center and these looked nice and well taken care of with 2 computers and printers. It also had a nice sized arcade for the kids. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a mini fridge and microwave. The a/c was a little hard to get to a comfortable temperature, 72 and below too cold, 73 and above too hot and humid. We stayed here during 90 degree weather. Breakfast each morning was well stocked with good choices and a little different each day. The pool tended to be crowded at times, but a plus is that it is open till midnight so if you go later it is quieter. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is my second bad experience staying at a Country Inns & Suites and it will be my last. I cannot comprehend why this hotel chain consistently shows up as a 3 star hotel when it's clearly not - must be the overpriced room rates they charge!

The property and lobby of the Bedford/Manchester Country Inns & Suites was nice - no complaints there. I did not look at the pool or any of the facilities during my stay. I was a little unhappy when I checked in and my request for a room in a quiet part of the hotel was denied, but I can understand a full-house so I can't complain about that. I wasn't happy that my room was on the main floor, just off the lobby, across from the business center and just down from the pool, so in a very high-traffic area, but I understand that in a sold out hotel, room changes aren't possible.

I CAN complain about the poor condition of my room, however. Upon entering my room, I was struck by a wave of hot, humid air (we were having a hot spell in NH). I immediately checked the thermostat, thinking the A/C simply wasn't turned on (even though I could hear the fan running), but the temp was set to 65 and it should have been cooling the room. Fearing the worst, I immediately went back to the front desk to seek help. The young woman (who also had checked me in) who came to look at it was very nice, but wasn't able to find anything wrong with the thermostat, so nothing was done to change the temp of the room. Throughout that night and the next morning, the room was muggy and stifling, except overnight when I opened the windows (thank god for them!).

The other issue I had with the room was the terribly uncomfortable bed. I couldn't get any kind of sleep on it, as it hurt my back and hips (side sleeper) and I kept tossing and turning all through the night. If Radisson, owned by the same company, has awesomely comfortable beds, and even sleep number beds, why can't this chain also have decent mattresses?

My final complaint was with the lack of sound-proofing between floors. I was lucky enough to get to listen to the couple in the room above me going at it like crazy people for over an hour after I checked in. Very, very noisy, and the racket didn't seem to be muffled at all by the floor/ceiling.

As nice and personable as I found the young woman who checked me into the hotel, the staff the following morning were disinterested and barely even made eye contact with me as I exited my room, dropped my key at the desk and had breakfast. Didn't feel as if anyone was concerned with me at that point, since I was on my way out the door, and I didn't care for that dismissive attitude of the staff at all. The breakfast was standard continental breakfast fare - nothing terrible or amazing to note.

I will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We are sorry for the lack of customer service and sound barriers in our hotel. . We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Clinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and will again in the future. The customer service is wonderful. Pamela Pickard, Front Office Manager is over the top at making guests feels special. Everyone was so attentive and ready to assist. Rooms are clean and fresh. Continental breakfast included. Beds extremely comfortable. Location is convenient to everything from dining, shopping, airport and Manchester itself. Shuttle is available. Parking is plenty. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Suites have very nice jacuzzi tubs. Some suites include a separate bedroom. Personally, I prefer t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn
#2 of 4 in Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!