** BE ADVISED -- All of the condos are individually owned! There is no clear indication of this on the website and we found this to be very misleading. The condos seems to vary significantly in quality, age, and cleanliness. - BE ADVISED **
First, I would like to say the staff at the front desk was very helpful through our experience. With that, when we checked in at the front desk the reception area smells of a musty chlorine smell that is a bit overwhelming. The indoor pool / hot tubs are below the reception area and there is little to stop that smell from coming up. This seems prevalent in the onsite restaurant (which wasn't very good) and the bar area. When we arrived at our condo the smell of curry was so overwhelming my 4 year old immediately said "Mommy this place stinks!" as my wife and I nodded to each other. Trying to be positive I said that it probably needed to be aired out so I started opening windows. After a few minutes it wasn't much better so we started talking about what we should do. My wife went upstairs to check the bedrooms out and promptly came downstairs and told me when she took the covers off one of the beds she saw bugs scatter away. We packed everyone up in the car and went over the the front desk. The apologized and had us check out another unit. This one was MUCH cleaner (furniture, flooring, etc) and we decided to stay.
Pros: Great location, lots to do with older kids (4 and up)
Cons: The booking service answered my questions in a misleading way (it wasn't what I expected when I arrived), the condos vary greatly - layout, cleanliness, quality, etc., the WiFi was down and spotty the entire time we were there, the cell phone reception is marginal (to be expected in the mountains, but at least keep the wifi up), it seems overpriced if you get one of the mid to low end condos, lastly the website is an absolute nightmare and DOES NOT depict the village in a reasonably way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BECAUSE WHERE YOU STAY SHOULD BE JUST AS MEMORABLE AS WHERE YOU VISIT. Welcome to Attitash Mountain Village Resort, where the views are as endless as the possibilities. We'd like to invite you to experience award-winning accommodations while visiting New Hampshire's North Conway and Mount Washington Valley region. Located at the base of Attitash Ski Resort, Attitash Mountain Village is a four-season destination resort surrounded by towering mountain peaks rising from the banks of the Saco River blanketed by native pine and white birch trees - offering over 350 rooms, suites, townhouses and trailside accommodations. Many units feature kitchens, gas fireplaces, spa tubs and mountain views. Experience on resort hiking, mountain biking, X-C skiing, ice-skating, kayaking and fishing with full access to indoor and outdoor pools, playgrounds, tennis courts, fitness facility with sauna, and indoor/outdoor hot-tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Attitash Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Attitash Mountain Village Bartlett
- Attitash Mountain Village White Mountains, NH - Bartlett