“What a wonderful family place!”

Attitash Mountain Village
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This is a great place for families. There are waterslides & alpine slides right on site. It's close to many area attractions, too. Very user friendly, too. Couldn't have been happier with our condo.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank zom00
There are newer reviews for Attitash Mountain Village

Reviewed August 26, 2009

My family and I just came back from Attitash Mtn Village. We stayed in bldg 4, the unit they put me in had black mold in the downstairs half bath and around the refrigerator. The carpet was so dirty my kids feet turned black. I informed the front desk how unhappy I was, my parents stayed in a more updated better unit. The restaurant called Matty D's, there food is overpriced in my opinion. They charged my husband and I a $4 fee for only ordering one adult dinner w/ kids meals. The manager was basically saying that I needed to order a meal to get the kid pricing. It made no sense, and he did not try to make right to us. We would not eat there again. I would stay there again but in a different unit. It is kid friendly...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank michmm
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Since it was supposed to rain for the three days we were to be tenting in the White Mountains, I quickly changed the accommodations to a condo. We stayed in building 7 in the condo that boasts "sleeps 2-6" people. The only complaints I had about the condo were 1) no oven 2) wall bed folded down into the kitchen/livingroom so it was difficult to get to the bathroom if it was down 3) the shower tiles were old and gross and in need of repair. Unit 7o4.

I also chose Attitash due to their website boasting:

"The Saco River runs through our property and offers you great canoeing, kayaking and fishing". (They even use two little boys with a boat on their home page as advertisement.) "Explore the many hiking/biking trails or our exercise trail with workout stations". "The resorts quiet location on the Saco river is the perfect place to relax and enjoy nature"

Based on this information, I was attracted to Attitash. Silly me. First of all, finding the entrance to the path to the Saco river is not easy. When you do find it, you come across signs that say "No trespassing, trails maintained by (some other place I forget who). We abandoned our first attempt (for fear of being arrested) and went to the front desk as we noted that "trail maps were available" there. The girl handed us a map for somewhere else that wasn't even located on the property. I asked her where the boats were. She said there were no boats on the property. I asked her to read the website. She stated that there were no boats on their property but I could go down to Conway (she thouht) and rent kayaks to bring to the Saco river. I asked where the boats were that were shown on the website and she stated "not here, I'm sorry".

The next day, we took the alternate path (behind the tennis courts) to find the Saco. After a ten minute walk past a pile of construction debris, a stagnant green pond ("swim at your own risk") and a trickling brook (we thought it might be the Saco), we finally reached the Saco River. Very pretty. However, there were no boats or places to relax. There was one picnic table I think somewhere. The website, in my opinion, offers inaccurate information which may be misleading. I learned my lesson.

We were there for the Kancamangus and hiking the White Mountains anyway so no loss really - just upset about being misled.

It cost us close to $100 for six of us to have one slide down the alpine slide. Not worth it. And $50 for a 1 hour horseback ride is not worth it either.

The restaurant out front is very reasonably priced and has an excellent menu of pizza and sandwiches. The food was quite good.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank carol351
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I know that some of the older, privately furnished condos may vary, but our experience was very good. We were four adults and three teenagers and got a three-floor townhouse with two king bedrooms and two studio units with pull-down beds (all also had pull-out sofabeds). Everything was clean and (with the exception of a couple of burned-out bulbs) well maintained. Staff were helpful. We mostly used it as a base for trips into the White Mountains area but they do have a well-maintained outdoor heated pool and tennis courts (you can borrow equipment from the front desk). The indoor hot tub and steam room were in a basement area and were unatmospheric but seemed clean and well maintained. FYI, the resort is very close to the tracks for the Conway Scenic Railroad, so you will definitely hear the trains come through midday.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank WMaTrav
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed in "Blueberry" slopeside condo for trip to Storyland. We specifically booked a condo with a washer/dryer, which we did not get. We requested another unit, but were told that "not all condos have washer/dryers" and there was nothing they could do. As we checked in late at night with two small kids, we didn't feel like traveling elsewhere. Condo was relatively clean, but tired and needed updating. Air conditioning could not keep the unit cool. Upon check out, they then proceeded to charge us another $100.00 for Storyland tickets. I stated I would not pay it as my price included the tickets. The girl at the desk said she could not find my confirmation to confirm this (I didn't bring it to checkout) and I could call the Reservation Manager later that week to "work it out." I said no, we would work it out now and said I could pull it up on my email. She said there was a computer up on the landing, and I could come down and find her if I found it. Of course the computer didn't work, so I went out to the car to find my laptop. Once I had found it in my car 15 minutes later, she said she "found a note in the system from the Reservation Manager" and she credited back my credit card. I can overlook the tired, outdated room, but not the lousy service. Will not return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Stacy C
NHAMSCO, Hospitality Manager at Attitash Mountain Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2009

Guest service that goes above and beyond the standard expectation of our guests is the number one priority of our front desk staff. Our apologies that "Traveling mom 19" was disappointed that her reserved unit was not equipped with a washer and dryer. Had her visit not been in July, (a time of year that we have little options available for room moves due to occupancy), the front desk would have moved her without hesitation.

As far as the discrepancy in the expected package rate, the resort did compensate the guest to her benefit within a timely manner.

Reviewed June 23, 2009

Most every condo here is privately owned. I think this explains the varied reviews. Also some of the condos are older than others. We stayed in building 5 and it was great. This condo had everything we could have ever needed. See http://www.vrbo.com/232242 for more information. The owners are super nice as is the staff. Lisa at the front desk was super nice, accommodating, informative, and genuine. Storyland was only a five minute drive, and Conway was only 15 minutes away. I’d stay here again for sure. No complaints here. Clean, excellent, and it felt like home. It was too cold and rainy for the outdoor pool, so we went to the indoor pool which was excellent. Well maintained and not too much chlorine. On-site coin-op laundry was convenient. Free ice was great for day trips. Almost full size fridge, microwave, stove, etc was great to have; saved a ton of money by not eating out too much. This place is a great deal.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We used RCI Points for a long weekend away. We stayed in building 7, unit 7o3. This was directly across from the outdoor pool and hot tub (the weather was a little cool at night so we could not take advantage of this). When we opened the door to our unit, we had one flight of stairs before we reached the studio. It was a nice unit with a couch, tv, queen size murphy bed (uncomfortable), small eating area with table & chairs and a kitchen with a 2 burner stove, sink, dishwasher and coffee maker. The unit also had a washer/dryer that came in handy. We were not in the area to spend much time at our resort so this was a perfect place for us to crash after a long day of hiking, shopping and site seeing. I highly recommend Red Fox restaurant which is just down the road on Route 16 in Jackson! Also, check out Cathedral Ledge and Diana's Bath which are off Route 302 (follow the signs for Echo Lake)!
We are planning another trip to the area and will stay here. I will just be sure to avoid the murphy bed =)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Attitash Mountain Village? Share your experiences!