“Ok condo, lousy service”

Attitash Mountain Village
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
travelingmom19
“Ok condo, lousy service”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed in "Blueberry" slopeside condo for trip to Storyland. We specifically booked a condo with a washer/dryer, which we did not get. We requested another unit, but were told that "not all condos have washer/dryers" and there was nothing they could do. As we checked in late at night with two small kids, we didn't feel like traveling elsewhere. Condo was relatively clean, but tired and needed updating. Air conditioning could not keep the unit cool. Upon check out, they then proceeded to charge us another $100.00 for Storyland tickets. I stated I would not pay it as my price included the tickets. The girl at the desk said she could not find my confirmation to confirm this (I didn't bring it to checkout) and I could call the Reservation Manager later that week to "work it out." I said no, we would work it out now and said I could pull it up on my email. She said there was a computer up on the landing, and I could come down and find her if I found it. Of course the computer didn't work, so I went out to the car to find my laptop. Once I had found it in my car 15 minutes later, she said she "found a note in the system from the Reservation Manager" and she credited back my credit card. I can overlook the tired, outdated room, but not the lousy service. Will not return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Stacy C
NHAMSCO, Hospitality Manager at Attitash Mountain Village, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
Guest service that goes above and beyond the standard expectation of our guests is the number one priority of our front desk staff. Our apologies that "Traveling mom 19" was disappointed that her reserved unit was not equipped with a washer and dryer. Had her visit not been in July, (a time of year that we have little options available for room moves due to occupancy), the front desk would have moved her without hesitation.

As far as the discrepancy in the expected package rate, the resort did compensate the guest to her benefit within a timely manner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Most every condo here is privately owned. I think this explains the varied reviews. Also some of the condos are older than others. We stayed in building 5 and it was great. This condo had everything we could have ever needed. See http://www.vrbo.com/232242 for more information. The owners are super nice as is the staff. Lisa at the front desk was super nice, accommodating, informative, and genuine. Storyland was only a five minute drive, and Conway was only 15 minutes away. I’d stay here again for sure. No complaints here. Clean, excellent, and it felt like home. It was too cold and rainy for the outdoor pool, so we went to the indoor pool which was excellent. Well maintained and not too much chlorine. On-site coin-op laundry was convenient. Free ice was great for day trips. Almost full size fridge, microwave, stove, etc was great to have; saved a ton of money by not eating out too much. This place is a great deal.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Rockland, MA
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We used RCI Points for a long weekend away. We stayed in building 7, unit 7o3. This was directly across from the outdoor pool and hot tub (the weather was a little cool at night so we could not take advantage of this). When we opened the door to our unit, we had one flight of stairs before we reached the studio. It was a nice unit with a couch, tv, queen size murphy bed (uncomfortable), small eating area with table & chairs and a kitchen with a 2 burner stove, sink, dishwasher and coffee maker. The unit also had a washer/dryer that came in handy. We were not in the area to spend much time at our resort so this was a perfect place for us to crash after a long day of hiking, shopping and site seeing. I highly recommend Red Fox restaurant which is just down the road on Route 16 in Jackson! Also, check out Cathedral Ledge and Diana's Bath which are off Route 302 (follow the signs for Echo Lake)!
We are planning another trip to the area and will stay here. I will just be sure to avoid the murphy bed =)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint George, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2008

We made a timeshare exchange with RCI into Attitash and were assigned the Chocorua building, unit D4 which was a 1 bedroom for 6 people. The unit featured a 1 bedroom with a king size bed on a upper level with a double Murphy bed and double sleep sofa on the lower level. Each level had a bathroom; with the upper level bedroom featuring an open whirlpool tub in the bedroom area (a whirlpool tub/shower combo was also located in the lower level bathroom). The lower level has a full kitchen while the upper level features a small refrigerator and sink located off bedroom at the top of the stairs. The unit was clean and comfortable, however there was a small problem with controlling room temperature and we experienced a "sour" milk smell once in a while. Some may find the units at bit “aged”, meaning that the unit shows signs of being designed in the 1990s. There is no tile in the kitchen or bathrooms, and the overall décor is common with hotel/condos of the 1990s. However the unit has experienced some upgrades, one being flat screen televisions located in the living room area and in the bedroom. There were several units receiving new carpeting during our stay. Nothing can be a bedroom with a whirlpool tub! The kitchen is full stock with all one needs to cook. There is a grocery store within a short drive from the property and two more located in North Conway. The unit also features a washer and dryer. The exterior needs a few coats of paint here and there. Located a short walk from our unit (which was on the extreme outer edge of the property) is the main building which features a lounge, restaurant, indoor pool and games room. The pizza being offered from the restaurant was good and prices appeared very reasonable. I was a little disappointed with the indoor pool area. It appeared a little worn and the water was heavily bleached. The changing rooms did not smell very clean. The outdoor pool area offered more enjoyment. For those railroad enthusiasts, the Conway Scenic Railroad passed through the property. For those not interested in trains, you might hear the odd horn in the morning. Though it may be a few extra minutes from the hustle and bustle of North Conway, Attitash has a lot to offer summer and winter guest. Even in the early fall when most of its activities are between seasons, Attitash stills offers peace and relaxation. Though I have listed some deficiencies with the property, these did not create a major problem or hinder our enjoyment of our vacation. With all this said, the unit and property still offers a great accommodation and I would return with hesitation.

• Liked — Whirlpool in bedroom
  • Disliked — Location & size of trash bins
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
8 Thank StandingRoom
MA
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We recently rented a condo in bartlet to bring our family to storyland and santa' village. It was a last minute trip with my husband, our two young children, my mother and my sister who has special needs. When we arrived at our condo rental it was filthly. I would not have let my dog stay there. So at 7:30pm(with a car full of exhausted people) we drove around trying to find someplace else to stay. After trying a few other places we arrived at attitash. The gentleman at the check in desk was extremely helpful and found a room that could accomadate all of us. Our room was spacious, CLEAN and updated. The indoor and outdoor pools are great. My son loved seeing the train. My mother is still talking about seeing a bear. My children enjoyed the walking the path and all of the playgrounds. We had a delicious pizza outside at Matty B's, with great service. We are overall thrilled with our experience and look forward to returning next year.

• Liked — The rooms are very clean and they have a lot to offer
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 21, 2008

We stayed in Carrigan C2, a single with kitchen in a new building, as part of an RCI exchange. Although Attatash Mountain Village asks us in a note in the room to rate them as a 5 (very satisfied) Gold Crown resort, they fall sort.

The people at check in, maintenance, and housekeeping are all very responsive and helpful. Unfortunately the resort skimps in other ways. The nice, big, outdoor pool has green slime in the cement over the filter outlets and a sun tan ring at the water line. The carpet in our room was dirty and need to be replaced. If you run out of toilet paper or dishwasher soap, you need to purchase more. There is a washer/ dryer in each unit, but the ironing board is a tiny, cheap, table top device. Wi-Fi is only available in the main building. Their free computer in the main building seemed to go down around 5 PM on at least two days.

The location in the woods is wonderful, and there were many happy families with young children. The rooms are big and modern with a nice porch. The Murphy bed was fine. It is very close to Story Land and not much further from North Conway. There are playgrounds and gas grills on the premises.

• Liked — pool, kitchen, spacious room in the woods.
  • Disliked — dirty carpet, miserly rules
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BillSeaver
2boyzmommy
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I read the other reviews and have to admit I was nervous, but we descided to give it a chance, and I am so glad we did! We had a large group, there were a total of 6 adults and 6 children (2 were toddlers, 1 infant) and we were able to all stay in one condo together, we loved that! We went with the story land package and it ended up only costing us $660 for 2 nights and all our tickets to story land! I will say that the condo was a little smaller than we expected, but we managed. Oh and when we got there all the AC's were off so it was EXTREMELY hot, the upstairs was the worst, and one of the AC's didn't have a filter, but after we had the AC's going and the fan running in the upstairs bedroom it cooled off pretty quickly. All in all we were very happy with our family get together and plan on going there again next year!

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — It was a little smaller than expected
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Bartlett Inn
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to Attitash Mountain Village? Share your experiences!