Let's start with the positive - it's right across the street from Attitash. That's it.
Facilities are old, dated, and in various states of disrepair. Let's start with the rooms. I stayed in two different rooms, the first in building 10, the second in Parker House. The room in building 10 had an old couch, a very uncomfortable bed (hard), threadbare towels and an inefficient heating system that made the room either boiling hot or freezing. Parker house was just as bad. Old decor (wallpaper), worn carpet and linens, a poorly stocked kitchen and the same towels I found in building 10. WiFi? Non-existent. The entire property shares a connection over just a few WiFi servers - they don't even have one in each building.
The indoor gym is well equipped, but 2 pieces were out of order and in need of repair. There is no ventilation, it is humid, musty, and you can find mildew if you look. The small indoor spa in the same building was cloudy, which means I won't go in it. I don't like to participate in human science experiments.
In the main building, where you check in, is the indoor pool and outdoor hot tub. The room the pool is in is almost intolerable due to the extremely high levels of chlorine. I understand with all of the children that use the pool that they have to keep the chemical levels high, but this was out of control - we couldn't stay for any length of time. My nieces swam for a time and came out of the pool with bloodshot and stinging eyes.
Also in this building is Matty B's - the only "restaurant" on the property. To say that Matty B's is terrible doesn't even scratch the surface. Don't get me wrong, it's great for a beer after hitting the slopes, but do not eat here. Wings are soggy and gross, pizzas greasy and gross, and the burgers, well, those were just gross too. The beer however was cold and they have local brews on tap.
The employees at AMV leave a bit to be desired. We arrived early, around 2pm, which is about 2 hours before check in. I asked the woman at the desk, considering that we were traveling with small children, if she could check us in. She told me "the room isn't ready yet. we have 300 rooms and we cannot garantee an early check-in." Fair enough. So, we took a ride by Parker house to see if they were at least cleaning the place. To my surprise, the room was already clean! The man seated in the truck out front, an AMV employee, told me they cleaning crew had finished a couple of hours ago and that he had inspected the room an hour ago. So, back I go to the front desk, where I'm met with the same response from the same woman - plus an attitude for asking to check in again. I waited 20 minutes, and then went back when a new agent was on duty - he immediately gave me the keys. Enough said.
After our stay I filled out the survey in much the same way I'm writing this review. I received an email from the "Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer" telling me how dedicated they are to their facilities and service level. She said someone would follow up with me in a few days. 10 days later... NO FOLLOW UP! Am I shocked? Nope. And it tells me all I need to know about their commitment to improving. Save your money, there are much more cost effective and modern properties in the Mt. Washington Valley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BECAUSE WHERE YOU STAY SHOULD BE JUST AS MEMORABLE AS WHERE YOU VISIT. Welcome to Attitash Mountain Village Resort, where the views are as endless as the possibilities. We'd like to invite you to experience award-winning accommodations while visiting New Hampshire's North Conway and Mount Washington Valley region. Located at the base of Attitash Ski Resort, Attitash Mountain Village is a four-season destination resort surrounded by towering mountain peaks rising from the banks of the Saco River blanketed by native pine and white birch trees - offering over 350 rooms, suites, townhouses and trailside accommodations. Many units feature kitchens, gas fireplaces, spa tubs and mountain views. Experience on resort hiking, mountain biking, X-C skiing, ice-skating, kayaking and fishing with full access to indoor and outdoor pools, playgrounds, tennis courts, fitness facility with sauna, and indoor/outdoor hot-tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Attitash Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Attitash Mountain Village Bartlett
- Attitash Mountain Village White Mountains, NH - Bartlett