“Great location, otherwise terrible.”

Attitash Mountain Village
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great location, otherwise terrible.”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Let's start with the positive - it's right across the street from Attitash. That's it.

Facilities are old, dated, and in various states of disrepair. Let's start with the rooms. I stayed in two different rooms, the first in building 10, the second in Parker House. The room in building 10 had an old couch, a very uncomfortable bed (hard), threadbare towels and an inefficient heating system that made the room either boiling hot or freezing. Parker house was just as bad. Old decor (wallpaper), worn carpet and linens, a poorly stocked kitchen and the same towels I found in building 10. WiFi? Non-existent. The entire property shares a connection over just a few WiFi servers - they don't even have one in each building.

The indoor gym is well equipped, but 2 pieces were out of order and in need of repair. There is no ventilation, it is humid, musty, and you can find mildew if you look. The small indoor spa in the same building was cloudy, which means I won't go in it. I don't like to participate in human science experiments.

In the main building, where you check in, is the indoor pool and outdoor hot tub. The room the pool is in is almost intolerable due to the extremely high levels of chlorine. I understand with all of the children that use the pool that they have to keep the chemical levels high, but this was out of control - we couldn't stay for any length of time. My nieces swam for a time and came out of the pool with bloodshot and stinging eyes.

Also in this building is Matty B's - the only "restaurant" on the property. To say that Matty B's is terrible doesn't even scratch the surface. Don't get me wrong, it's great for a beer after hitting the slopes, but do not eat here. Wings are soggy and gross, pizzas greasy and gross, and the burgers, well, those were just gross too. The beer however was cold and they have local brews on tap.

The employees at AMV leave a bit to be desired. We arrived early, around 2pm, which is about 2 hours before check in. I asked the woman at the desk, considering that we were traveling with small children, if she could check us in. She told me "the room isn't ready yet. we have 300 rooms and we cannot garantee an early check-in." Fair enough. So, we took a ride by Parker house to see if they were at least cleaning the place. To my surprise, the room was already clean! The man seated in the truck out front, an AMV employee, told me they cleaning crew had finished a couple of hours ago and that he had inspected the room an hour ago. So, back I go to the front desk, where I'm met with the same response from the same woman - plus an attitude for asking to check in again. I waited 20 minutes, and then went back when a new agent was on duty - he immediately gave me the keys. Enough said.

After our stay I filled out the survey in much the same way I'm writing this review. I received an email from the "Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer" telling me how dedicated they are to their facilities and service level. She said someone would follow up with me in a few days. 10 days later... NO FOLLOW UP! Am I shocked? Nope. And it tells me all I need to know about their commitment to improving. Save your money, there are much more cost effective and modern properties in the Mt. Washington Valley.

7 Thank Michael M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
nj
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is our second visit to Attitash. The location as mentioned in my last review is wonderful. This time we stayed at Straton House compared to Blueberry village last time. It was extremely outdated. The gas stove, appliances were so old. Definitely needs a remodel. Blueberry village on the other hand is very modern and very nice. Please do not stay in Straton House. It is also far from the hospitality building and ski area. We had to drive to all the amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bebo23
Frank G, Manager at Attitash Mountain Village, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us at Attitash Mountain Village did not meet your expectations, nor live up to the level of expectation you had experienced while staying with us back in December. Did you express your concerns to our guest services and front desk staff after entering your accommodations? For it is our commitment to ensure your stay with us at Attitash Mountain Village is just as memorable as your visit to the region. For our awarded front desk and guest services agents would have taken every measure possible to address and resolve your concerns.

Please be assured that your comments are currently under review with our management team to address the issues you have shared regarding your experience while staying with us. Please do not hesitate to contact Attitash Mountain Village’s Hospitality Manager directly at 603.374.6500.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My fiance and I went to the Attitash Village for a business trip. The entire Attitash resort felt like a Christmas village (which was perfect because we stayed here the week before Christmas). It was cozy and comfortable with an amazing staff. They were very nice and very helpful in explaining things going on around us and inside the resort itself. We walked into the room (very private, I might add) and our breath was taken away. The tall ceilings, fire place, large Jacuzzi tub, private balcony (with a beautiful mountain view), amazing bed and comfortable bathroom were just everything you could ask for. The towels were just amazing (that's a big factor for me, when I want to get into a Jacuzzi I need the whole 9!), and the soaps even smelled good! The room was just simply amazing all in all. We felt so comfortable there and were so relaxed. There was SO MUCH to do there with the arcade, ice rink, movies to rent and more that we didn't even have time to do it all. The ONLY bad thing about the resort was Matty B's restaurant in the Inn itself. We ordered food 3 times during our stay and EVERY time we ordered something from them the order would be messed up. The food wasn't very good and not only that but they just didn't listen to our order. Other than that an amazing stay, but we will be ordering food from somewhere else for our convenience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Renee G
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here for a week. The staff is very friendly, there are plenty of activities in the area, and they have taken care of most of things that one uses on vacations. It rained one day and we couldn't ski but the activities desk had snow shoes and it was a great family adventure. We loved it so much we did it everyday. I will definitely stay here again.

Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Terrific hotel ! Bought a timeshare after the first day ! Lifers for sure :) gorgeous views ,plenty of activities ,along with beautiful timeshare buildings ! Would recommend to anyone ! Staff is terrific also ! Actually made a few great friends out of a few employees ! A+++ in my book

• Stayed December 2013
St. Eustache, QC
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great place for a vacation. Staff are overly helpful and place is so well maintained. Shopping is 20 minutes away and skiing across the road. Large resort and very quiet place to vacation. We have been coming here for 23 years in a row and would never trade this week.

Room Tip: Bldg. 7 has a hot tub and gym downstairs and so you never have to leave the building. Also, a games...
1 Thank Betty P
Connecticut
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have always love Attitash Mountain Village and would love to buy a unit there if they accepted dogs but since they don't, I will continue to enjoy my visits anyway! I love the fact the ski slope is right across the street and you can actually sit in Mattie B's and watch the skiing. During the summer, you can utilize the outdoor pool, horseback ride etc. I love visiting North Conway center and the outlet stores. I do not visit on a timeshare so not sure how it compares to other time shares but it is a great, clean place to stay.

Room Tip: If you want air conditioning in the summer, you need to request it as not all units have it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Bartlett Inn
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Attitash Mountain Village? Share your experiences!