“More security needed”

Attitash Mountain Village
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here for a week in July 2013 and have to say we had a very good time except for the last night. Our room was spotless and spacious, the grounds were well kept and the staff very pleasant. Pools both indoor and out were wonderful. On our last night, however, a young man very high on pot and reeking of same banged on our door at 1:15 am and was absolutely certain he belonged in our room. Kept begging for his friend who shall remain nameless to open the door and let him in. Continued even after we hollered out "you have the wrong room." We called management, and they told us to call the police. Then quickly decided they would call the police for us. Ten minutes later we called the police ourselves and they said an officer was already en route. The young man continued banging and hollering and smoking and the stench was coming through the bottem of the door permeating our room and everything in it. All our luggage had to be cleaned to get rid of the smell...as well as most everything in it. By 1:45 am we were talking on the phone with the police officer in the manager's office listening to him explain how the intruder's friend was located and directed our stinky noisemaker to the right room. The rest of the night was sleepless with the smell and our eyes burning. Didn't even get an indirect free "high" from the experience...just sick. In the morning we discovered he had vomited all over the floor in our doorway. Way to go! Undid our restful vacation. I think Attitash Mtn Village needs better security.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Doris882

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed one night there with my family over the July 4th weekend. I was suppose to have a 2 bedroom unit, although it was not ready. The man was very nice, and upgraded me to a luxury 1 bedroom 2 bathroom condo. Amazing is all i can say about the unit!!! Gigantic jacuzzi Tubs in the bathrooms, Beautiful big flat screen tvs, and a beautiful kitchen. The amentities were second to none. 2 pools, 3 hot tubs, game room, fitness room, and restaraunt . The only reason why i would not rate this place a 5 star is because of how spread out everything was. It was a hike to get to all the things you wanted to do. Although my unit was pretty close to the outdoor pool, which was very nice and warm. there were a lot of stairs you had to climb just to get to your unit. Nice indoor pool, although at the time of our stay, there was way too many people using it. But that was to be expected, since it was July 4th weekend. I thought it was a bit pricey, although my unit was like something out of a magazine!! I would recommend attitash village resort to families with children, and couples. I would not really recommend it for the elderly, unless they had first floor units, or were real close to stuff. I would stay again. thanks attitash, we had a lovely stay.

Room Tip: I would Recommend the 1 bedroom 2 bathroom luxury suites. Unbelievably Beautiful and spacious!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at this location for the extended 4th of July weekend, with a 5 adults and 4 kids (ranging from 18 months to 14 years old). We were able to rent a house which I won't name here, because I am afraid it won't be available after people read my review. :-) It was honestly too good to be true. We had two avid swimmers who were happy toggling between the outdoor and indoor pools. This was the first year that both of my had outgrown Storyland so we explored other options for entertainment, there is so much to do in the area. One day we went horseback riding which was a lot of fun, mini golfing and tubing down the Saco river. The staff were incredibly friendly everything was very clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NewtonMOM101
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It actually bothers me to write this review, however, other travelers should be aware. I have NEVER in my life, been so disgusted by a hotel room. It was, by far, the filthiest room I have ever rented. At nearly 400.00 (including the cost of the discounted Storyland tickets) you would think you were getting a fairly nice room. Not so much. When we made the reservation, I asked for a room with a kitchenette, tub and two beds, for two adults and a child. They placed us in one of their "efficiency suites". What they neglected to tell us, and we were enlightened to by another traveler, is that these rooms (actually condos) are privately owned and only affiliated with the hotel. They do not have to be maintained to normal hotel standards.
When we walked into the room, I noticed it was small and worn, okay, these things I can deal with. But as we inspected the room further, I noticed that in the corners of the room, where the carpet meets the wall, was pure filth, like they hadn't had it cleaned in a long time. Ok, this I can over look, not happily, but sometimes hotel cleaners aren't fantastic. However, when I looked at the mattress and box spring ( the mattress was skewed a bit from the box spring) I noticed some kind of substance on the box spring. It was yellow, and almost powdery. I have no idea what it was, but then I pulled the sheets back and saw that the mattress was stained and the sheets were yellowed. Then we noticed the pullout couch that my husband was going to sleep on was also all full of stains. At this point, we decided that we COULD NOT sleep there.
The only positive I have to say of this whole experience is that the concierge checked us out quickly, understood my complaints and offered us one of their suites at no extra cost. However, at that point we just wanted to get way from there and so they issued us a full credit which we used to check in at the Hampton Inn up the street.
I am not the sort of traveler who has to have things perfect, and I've never complained about a room before. But the room HAS to be clean and it wasn't AT ALL! I can safely say that I will NEVER book a room with them again. I don't care how deeply they discount their Storyland tickets.
The booking dept at Attitash Mountain Lodge should really tell you upfront that those rooms are independently owned and give you the choice as to where you would prefer to stay. However, they didn't and because of this I'm staying elsewhere from now on.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our family enjoyed a 1week stay at Attitash. The hotel is located at the base of Attitash Mountain with great views of the mountain and access to the numerous activities at Attitash. The hotel property is very nice and has a nice outdoor pool and hot tub. The exercise facility is very well equipped. We stayed in building 2. The room we stayed in was very clean and appeared to be recently renovated. We were just a short walk to the restaurant and pub that is in the main building. We intend on coming back next year.

Room Tip: The unit we stayed in was on the first floor with a nice patio and view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The resort was very nice and the rooms spacious. Note, if you reserve a suite, be sure to get another bedroom as there is no real bedroom in a suite. The pools were clean and there was a size for all ages. The grounds were nice but the weather prevented us from using the trails etc. The location is convenient and easy to access. I would definitely stay again. The staff were super friendly and very helpful with suggestions for a rainy day plan!

Room Tip: See note above. We were two adults and three little ones. You definitely need accommodations with...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Frank G, Manager at Attitash Mountain Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Attitash Mountain Village. On behalf of myself and the entire Attitash Mountain Village staff, we thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon upon your next visit to the Mount Washington Valley. We take great pride to ensure that our guest's stay is just as memorable as their visit.

Have a great rest of the summer,

Frank

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We exchanged our RCI to stay at the Attitash Mountain Village. We were fortunate to have a one bedroom full kitchen with washer and dryer. We had breakfasts in before we ventured out to do our sightseeing. The location was wonderful. It was centrally located between all of the parks, etc. that we wanted to see. We are more interested in the water falls, etc. and thought we had seen everything until Lisa at the front desk starting to talking to us. She suggested a few driving routes with great views that we hadn't taken. She was a pleasure to talk to. We only ate one meal there and that was lunch. We chose the fish tacos and there was plenty. My husband and I aren't big eaters and could have shared it since it was lunch and not dinner. We didn't use the pool but did use an adequate fitness room and the steam room. That was very relaxing. It was a very quiet place and we would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
Swiss Chalets Village Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale

Been to Attitash Mountain Village? Share your experiences!