We visited the Attitash Mountain Village for our winter school break week, with our 6 and 7 year olds. The resort is conveniently located right across the street from Ski Attitash. From our rooms, we can see the ski lifts and the slopes. The guests at the resort get discount lift tickets and rentals there. For people who like to ski, the location is terrific. The resort is also only about 15 minutes’ drive to North Conway, which has the big outlet mall and lots of quaint small local shops; so shoppers would also like this location.
We checked in on a Tuesday early evening. The check in was easy and prompt; the front desk staff were all very pleasant and helpful; they answered all our questions and offered ideas for area activities as it was the first time we visited this part of New Hampshire.
The unit we exchanged into through Platinum Interchange was a 2 bedroom 2 bath townhouse; the size is about 1200 sq ft on 2 floors of living space. We found this to be plenty of room for a family of 4 to move around and spread things (aka, kids’ toys and gadgets!) around. The official listing says occupancy of 6, but we think it could accommodate 8.
The 2 spacious bedrooms are on the second floor of the unit, along with a full bath and the huge laundry room. The first floor has another full bath (shower, no tub), along with a fully equipped kitchen, dining area and living room with a gas fireplace. There are plenty of towels, kitchen utensils, dishes, toilet papers, paper towels, soaps, etc. We found these were all sufficient for the whole week without us having to buy any extra; with the exception being the laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent. Big plus for us was the 3 TV sets; one for each bedroom, and one for the living room. The children got spoiled for having their own TV for their vacation. The minus being that the unit décor and furnishing are a bit dated; some showing wear and tear at various spots. However, we were very satisfied that everything was kept functional and clean.
We did not see any planned resort activities listed nor offered. Perhaps it’s not high season in early March, but we had forgotten to ask if there are any offered for the summer high season.
The resort has 2 pools, one in-door and one outdoor; it also has 3 hot tubs, 1 in door within the pool and 2 outdoors (one just outside the indoor pool overlooking the ski hills, and is opened in the winter time too). We did not go check on the other outdoor hot tub on the other side of the resort; but we were told it’s open. Attitash Mountain Village has the warmest indoor pool water temperature we have ever experienced. It also has the hot tube right inside the pool so it was just so great for parents to sit in the hot tub and watch the kids swim and play in the pool. It is our favourite indoor swimming pool so far (and we have been to quite some number of “heated” pools). The indoor heated pool is located in the registration building at the front of the resort, along with a full restaurant and game room. There are also DVD rentals at the front desk.
The resort also has a gym and exercise room, but it’s located in another building far from the registration building. It would have made more sense to have the gym located next to the indoor pool and main building. We find the various buildings in the resort are a bit too spread out. We can’t imagine how the guests in the further located buildings having to walk quite some distance to use the indoor pool and the restaurant; not something we would look forward to in cold winter days/nights. We were very lucky as our unit was in building 1 which is just around the corner from the main building.
This resort is not the fanciest or most up-to-date resort we have been to (ie, TV's are not the thin flat screen ones); but we had a great time and the kids loved everything about their stay here. We like the Attitash Mountain Village for the spacious and well equipped unit, the great location, the warm pool, and the friendly staff. We found it was just perfect for our little family vacation. We certainly will consider coming back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BECAUSE WHERE YOU STAY SHOULD BE JUST AS MEMORABLE AS WHERE YOU VISIT. Welcome to Attitash Mountain Village Resort, where the views are as endless as the possibilities. We'd like to invite you to experience award-winning accommodations while visiting New Hampshire's North Conway and Mount Washington Valley region. Located at the base of Attitash Ski Resort, Attitash Mountain Village is a four-season destination resort surrounded by towering mountain peaks rising from the banks of the Saco River blanketed by native pine and white birch trees - offering over 350 rooms, suites, townhouses and trailside accommodations. Many units feature kitchens, gas fireplaces, spa tubs and mountain views. Experience on resort hiking, mountain biking, X-C skiing, ice-skating, kayaking and fishing with full access to indoor and outdoor pools, playgrounds, tennis courts, fitness facility with sauna, and indoor/outdoor hot-tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Attitash Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Attitash Mountain Village Bartlett
- Attitash Mountain Village White Mountains, NH - Bartlett