“Sweet, rainy weekend getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bartlett Inn

Bartlett Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
New Hampshire
“Sweet, rainy weekend getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our last getaway before our twins arrive in late December. I had booked the "romance package" which included two nights in the Bemis Cottage and other accompaniments. Upon arrival and check in, NIck, immediately gave us recommendations on local restaurants, shops and activities. I had initially wanted to try one of the more upscale ones in the area and he said to not waste our money. (I like not wasting money...Maestro's was where he recommended we go.) Our cottage was very cute, comfortable and very well maintained. Our stay also included breakfast which was all well prepared. Overall, a great place! I would definitely recommend this place for anyone!

Room Tip: Choose a cottage with a wood burning fireplace!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
North Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed at the Bartlett Inn a few weeks ago in one of their cottages - it was perfect for our family of four plus a dog. Comfy bed, classic deep bathtub, bunks for the kids (they loved it) nice fireplace, heated pool. The kitchen was great for lunches and dinner, but what a treat to have them cook you breakfast. The innkeepers could not have been more hospitable, friendly and charming. Watch out for Nick he has a million funny stories, he'll have you laughing and relaxed in no time.

We wanted to stay outside of the hub bub - but close enough to everything and the location is ideal - we went hiking, did the shops, checked out some waterfalls, all the suggestions of the innkeepers - they are a wealth of local knowledge and know some great hidden spots. You should stay here - it's not just another boxed room in a chain - it has personality, charm and everything you really need.

CJ

Room Tip: We loved the cottages
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Deciding on a last minute family getaway for Labor Day weekend and wanting to take our 4 year old to Story Land, my wife did some searching and stumbled upon the Bartlett Inn online, liking what she saw, she made a reservation for the four of us along with another family we are very close friends with. I can say for the eight of us in total, we are very pleased with that decision.

Owners Nick and Miriam go out of their way to ensure you have a wonderful time and are always there to answer questions, offer a delicious breakfast or even a bit of quick whit always ending in a good belly laugh. Many accommodations in this area do what they can to offer you comfort but the addition of a great staff such as that at the Bartlett Inn add a wonderful touch of personal hospitality it is hard to find elsewhere.

Our family, my wife, our 4 year old daughter and my 16 year old step son, stayed in one of the larger cottages available on the property, I confess I do not recall the name of the unit but it is the one located closest to the pool and play area. The cottage was fairly spacious with a full size bed for us and then 3 twins in the kitchenette area consisting of two in a bug bed setup and then a third trundle style bed that pulls out from under the bottom bunk. The unit had a wood fireplace which we did not use and central a/c which made our nights sleeping very comfortable. The rooms were well decorated and maintained, very clean upon arrival with ample space to store your luggage and gear in the provided bureaus and luggage stand.

The breakfast offered each morning to all guests was delicious with a standard fare of eggs, toast and sausage/bacon plus a daily changing menu item. The meals were always filling and never wanting for taste. Simply put, the food is scrumptious with my personal favorite being the french toast.

With such excellent staff, service and convenience to all the area attractions, my family and I will be making a visit to Nick and Miriam a regular vacation routine going forward. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend you give the Bartlett Inn a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Haddam, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn with our grandchildren, ages 3 and 6. We are from ct. and were unsure about going with the predictions of a major hurricane. However, we did go and had a great stay. Nick set us up with 2 adjoining rooms in the main house. Perfect set-up. Very clean and comfortable. Delicious breakfast each day right downstairs. Great location for our day trip to Storyland on Saturday. Sunday the hurricane hit. Spent the whole day at the Inn. The raging Saco River flooded the roads. We could not leave until Monday. The common was wonderful for the kids w/movies,games,puzzles,etc. to keep them occupied. Nick and Miriam,the innkeepers, were the kindest and nicest people. They went out of their way and made us a delicious meal for supper. Salad,pasta,bread,wine,and dessert,ice cream in a cookie shell.GREAT JOB! Thank You so much Nick and Miriam. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lynn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in mid-August (one night planned, one night unplanned). Our stay in both the Barton cottage and the loft room at the Inn were clean and comfortable. The owners, Nick and Miriam, were as gracious and accomodating as mentioned in reviews. Breakfast was quick and delightful. My 3 year old son, my husband, and I enjoyed everything, including the playground, pool, and chess table.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

This place was great! The rooms where clean and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. And I've never meet nicer people! The inn keepers where always available with a suggestion for the days activities (or a route back to Boston, that likely saved me hours of drive time!) Their daughter was the sweetest little thing as well! She gave our three year old a tiny stuffed elephant at breakfast our 1st morning, that she continued to carry around all weekend!

It was a great weekend, and we will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jessgrondin
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

Stayed 2 nights at the Bartlett Inn with my boyfriend mid December 2010. We were traveling from Portland and had just stayed at a beautiful room in a downtown B&B, so my expectations were a bit high for the rest of the trip. When we arrived to our room, I was a bit disappointed with the size and quality of the accommodations of our room, which had been a complimentary upgrade from our original reservation. Now, I wonder how small it could've been in the other room. However, the stay became increasingly more enjoyable. Nick, the owner/host was pleasant and helpful, as well as his wife Miriam. They have a hot tub, which we enjoyed every night of our stay, though it got a little hot in there, it was quite relaxing.
Our room was basic, sheets are okay - didn't seem dirty to us. The bathroom is small and outdated but clean enough. Heater in the room heats well but a bit noisy, though I felt it was fine to sleep through as we're accustomed to city noise and it is dead silent in the area at night.
Breakfast in the morning was good. Still a little hungry at the end, wish there was something to eat that we could help ourselves to in order to be fully satisfied. Maybe there was and I missed it. Nevertheless, Nick cooks up a good breakfast. I thought there was value in this aspect of the stay - certainly equal to if not better than driving somewhere for a comparable breakfast that would have been more $$.
Skip the Red Parka Inn at all costs. Instead, eat at the White Mountain Cider Restaurant, which is closer anyhow. It's just so much better. It's a bit more out of your wallet but the experience is impeccable and well worth every penny.

Pros:
Nick and Miriam, owner/host
Breakfast
Hot Tub
Quiet
Inexpensive

Cons:
Size of room
Quality of amenities
Appearance of the room

Many thanks to Nick, who shares a serious resemblance to Kelsey Grammar.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Lodge at Jackson Village
#6 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Bartlett Inn? Share your experiences!