North Colony Motel and Cottages
Nordic Village Resort(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$349
$119
Villager Motel(Bartlett)
$59
Bartlett Inn(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$129
Swiss Chalets Village Inn(Intervale)(Great Value!)
$74
$67
Attitash Grand Summit Hotel(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$89
Attitash Mountain Village(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$99
$59
Attitash Motel(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
New England Inn(Intervale)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshuge playgroundplace to stayfridge and microwaveplay areasmall childrendiscounted ticketsplay equipmentkids loved swimmingfree wifigreat ownersbear peakwhite mountainsgreat for kidsnice familyattitash skistayed one nightnew hampshire
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is the third year we have stayed at North Colony Motel and will be back again next year. Nancy and Joe are really nice and available for any questions you might have. If you are looking for a basic place to stay that is clean and reasonably priced, this is the place to stay.

The playground alone is worth the stay here. Our kids LOVE it. We generally stay in the fall after the pool is closed, so we cannot comment on the pool. However, there are several huge play structures which keep our kids entertained for hours. They also have several play houses and the kids really enjoy being able to play there. We ended up having dinner at the picnic table right next to the play area and had a good time.

This visit we stayed in one of the 'cottages' which is basically a one bedroom unit with a kitchen. Our kids slept in the bedroom and we (the parents) slept in the living area which had a queen sized bed. The walls are wood paneling and the some of the decor is dated, but that really does not bother us at all. They are very clean and that is probably the most important to us.

The kitchen is stocked with plates, silverware, cups, mugs, coffee maker, toaster, full sized refrigerator, microwave, oven/stove, tea pot, pots, cookie sheet and other kitchen utensils. You do need to bring your own paper towels, napkins. They did have a few filters for the coffee pot when we arrived. I would suggest stopping at the local store to get your food essentials.

The room also has a dvd player and flat screen tv and a table with four chairs. If you have young ones that rely on night lights, make sure you bring your own.

There is Air Conditioning and heat if needed.

Wifi is 'ok'. Our iPad had a hard time accessing the network, but our smartphones did fine. I could have called or asked Nancy for assistance but chose not to as it wasn't that big of a deal for us.

They do have coffee and tea near the front office from 7:30-10:00.

We ended up getting their Story Land package and had a great time there as well. Having the tickets in advance was helpful and allowed us to skip the lines when we went in the next morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol Ann M
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We could not have been happier with our choice of a place to stay for our Storlyland and hiking weekend - the North Colony Motel is perfectly located close to Storyland, a plethura of hikes, Mt. Washington, and even North Conway with it's quaint downtown area and shopping. North Colony is clean, very friendly, and has a playground that our 5 year old thought was out of this world!! (it is!). We would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to explore the White Mountains while staying within a budget without skimping on quality!

Room Tip: there are some rooms with a full kitchen if you desire that - our room came with a microwave and small fridge, which worked for our needs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were back again this year and stayed for 3 nights to visit Storyland. The place is super clean and has become like a second home to us. The pool was refurbished this year and is better than ever, that and the playground are ideal for the kids, almost didn't have to go to Storyland. Great location and GREAT people that will give very good recommendation for almost anything you want to do. The Holmes Family from Worcester.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in the cottages but everyone I talked to who stayed in these at N. Colony was very satisfied, give it a try.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've been driving around this beautiful country of ours for over 20 years. Coast to coast several times, northern route, southern route, you name it. I've stayed in over 300 hotels nationwide and over 150 Camping / RV parks.

It is rare that I spend any time writing reviews, mainly because most of the places that I've stay didn't warrant a positive review and I generally don't waste my time with negativity and bad reviews.

After moving to New Hampshire, I was looking for a cozy, "clean" place to spend a few peaceful days in the White Mountain of New Hampshire. I did my due diligence, searching Trip Advisor among others. Each review I happened upon had one consistent similarity. "This place is CLEAN!"

Seriously friends, The North Colony Motel & Cottages is in my "Top-5 Cleanest" and "Top-5 Friendliest" hotels that I have EVER stayed in. The proprietors, Joe and Nancy, quickly make any guest feel like they're at home, then they send you off to one of their "Newly Renovated" rooms, which are spotless!

Folks, if you want all the bells and whistles of an overpriced "chain" room, that's fine, than this place is not for you. Every room has a Microwave and a Mini-Fridge along with a flat screen TV and a DVD player (which I happen to love!)

**For those who can't live without a coffee maker next to your bed, sorry!** Personally, the aromas of the fresh coffee brewing on the screened in porch bright on weekend mornings was a welcomed alternative!

All rooms are very reasonably priced and a great value. I've not yet stayed in a cottage, but I have seen them and their very cute! The rooms are cozy, the beds are comfy, the owners are friendly. What else do you need my friends? Seriously...what else??

Thanks for reading my review!

For those wanting all of the amenities and are willing to pay $$$$ for a ⭐⭐ experience, DO NOT stay here!

For those wanting to pay $$ and have a ⭐⭐⭐⭐ experience, than this little gem is for you!

Bottom line:

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tim M
Reviewed August 22, 2013

So this was my first time in a motel. My friend had suggested this place as she stayed there last year. I was a little weary..never really knowing what to expect. I was so pleasantly pleased with our experience. The motel was so clean..cleaner than some hotels I have been in. The yard was packed with tree houses and swings, a very clean and warm pool, nice people and pretty convenient to all the places we wanted to see. It was reasonable in price, we got the package to visit Storyland and Santa's Village. We headed to Clarks Trading Post on the last day and they had tickets conveniently located in the office. The owners of the motel, live there as well. They are very nice and accomodating. Fresh coffee and tea in the am. Gave us great directions/short cuts to all the popular places. it was very warm and cozy. We had a lot of kids with us and had not one complaint. Can't say that too often. As a side note, I even saw them cleaning the park benches and wooden swing sets in the morning..place is very very clean and the owners take a lot of pride in it.

Room Tip: Rooms all have little front porches..very cute and quaint.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family