“What a good breakfast should be.”
Review of The Sunrise Shack

The Sunrise Shack
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Bartlett
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a 49 seat Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant located on Stanley's Hill in Beautiful Glen NH! "Comfort Food with a Funky Mountain Vibe" Making everything from scratch and serving generous portions, at reasonable prices. At the Shack we try to serve local products when ever possible. Also, we have Beers on tap and in the bottle, a compact offerings of wine, Mimosa's and we are home to the Bloody Sunrise (a Bloody Mary served with Tuckerman's Pale Ale instead of Vodka.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a good breakfast should be.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Had heard good things...saw good reviews...tried to get in one day but parking lot was full. Made a point to go back with my family of 5 and we loved it and were glad we did! It is a fairly small place but they got us seated after a few minutes, I think there were only two people (waitresses) working the dining room and perhaps they could have used a little help clearing/setting tables to have been a little more efficient. But, once seated..we quickly decided what to eat. My kids loved their chocolate chip pancake (11 year old said "chocolatey deliciousness"!) and scrambled egg dish. My oldest and I had "custom" omelets that were large and very fluffy and really tasty, served with homefries that were just the right amount and cooked perfectly crispy but not at all dry ( I hate that!). I later found out that my rye bread was homemade from the Vintage Bakery down the street and we ran over there right afterwards because it was fantastic artisan bread (you must go there as well because their goods were amazing too! I thank you for mentioning that to the table next to us!] Atmosphere is simple, cabin-like and clean (I always like some background music to make it feel warmer...but there was none). Anyway, we left and praised our delicous breakfast all over Facebook too and will happily make this our go-to breakfast place when in North Conway. Praise to the chef and how quickly it was made and served to us!

• Visited January 2014

Houston, Texas
“Great food, friendly service”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The food was delicious, local (cornmeal and molasses bread, yum!), and generous in portion size. Adel, our waitress, was so friendly and gave us the best tips on local sites to see that we weren't even aware of!

Visited December 2013
“Everything You Want in a Breakfast Place!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wow....loved this place! Sunrise Shack was highly recommended to us so we had to go. Breakfast is my favorite meal on vacations so I couldn't wait to try. The restaurant felt like a local breakfast place -- nothing fancy, great service and great menu options.

We tried one of the 'breakfast bowls' and french toast. Both were delicious. The bread for the french toast was homemade and they gave real maple syrup - YUM! The breakfast bowl was made with fresh baby spinach, homefries, and mushrooms topped with perfectly cooked scambled eggs.

Definitely worth the trip!

• Visited December 2013
Ketchikan, Alaska
“flawless diner-style breakfast”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Classic, hearty, diner-style breakfast food with an atmosphere to match. Service was friendly, casual, and prompt. Coffee was good and refilled frequently. I had a huevos rancheros breakfast bowl and my girlfriend had a classic two egg diner breakfast. Food came out quick and everything was hot and delicious. Not a single morsel survived. Kudos on perfectly cooked eggs, a simple thing that so many breakfast places seem to struggle with. The homemade breakfast sausage had a very unique but good flavor. They make some of their baked goods in-house and get the rest from an artisan bakery down the road, so it's all good and fresh. Prices are VERY reasonable (Two egg breakfast=$5). Oh, and they'll give you a to-go cup of coffee or fill your travel mug for the road at no extra charge - very nice touch! Will be stopping in more frequently for some stick-to-your ribs grub before outdoor adventures.

• Visited December 2013
“Best food!!!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

My lunch was unbelievable! Thank goodness I had friends with me as we tried a few items that were delish. Fish tacos, onion rings, garlic fries, quesadilla, burger.......all was OUTSTANDING!!!! Setting was charming, clean & wait staff very friendly.