“A decent take.”

The Sunrise Shack
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Bartlett
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a 49 seat Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant located on Stanley's Hill in Beautiful Glen NH! "Comfort Food with a Funky Mountain Vibe" Making everything from scratch and serving generous portions, at reasonable prices. At the Shack we try to serve local products when ever possible. Also, we have Beers on tap and in the bottle, a compact offerings of wine, Mimosa's and we are home to the Bloody Sunrise (a Bloody Mary served with Tuckerman's Pale Ale instead of Vodka.
“A decent take.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went there this morning with the family. The staff was very friendly. We found the food to be excellent. We felt it was a really good stop north of Conway vs fighting the traffic. Served quickly also.

James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thanks for stopping in and for the review! Pop in whenever your in the area! See you next time at the Shack!

Pittsford, New York
“Fantastic breakfast bowl”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a restaurant that has changed hands frequently and this time it's a winner. Very friendly staff and a creative menu for breakfast- they do serve lunch and it always looks crowded. My son had the breakfast bowl- never heard of that before. It was a tasteful collection of scrambled eggs, vegetables including avocado and potatoes served with their homemade bread. I wasn't that hungry so I had an order of their homemade raisin bread- my husband had eggs over easy with their homemade bread. What a delicious breakfast- I would certainly venture back to taste some of their other choices. Coffee was good too!!

1 Thank Alex020
James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to eat at the Shack! So glad you enjoyed your meals! The Breakfast bowls have been an incredible hit since we opened last December. We like the bowls because you can mix all the great flavors together and the bowl keeps it hot! Thanks again and hope you come back for some more vittles and java!
“Good effort, but poor execution”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Sunrise Shack does all the right things, but unfortunately, it doesn't do them very well.

Cute little eatery with great menu choices and super-friendly staff. But my daughter's eggs were so undercooked that when I picked them up, clear goop (raw egg white) plopped onto the plate.

I ordered the "Shack Toast" and it was bone dry. I was essentially eating a piece of bread with a thin film of batter on the outsides. Server forgot to bring my sausage.

All wood on the inside so the acoustics allow you to hear every little noise in the entire room. One rowdy kid and you're sunk.

Went on a Saturday morning and it was inexpensive, but if the food doesn't taste good, really no reason to go back.

Seeing all these great reviews on TA makes me wonder if I caught them on a bad day. But you gotta really be struggling to screw eggs up.

Disappointed.

James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
So very sorry your trip to the Shack was less than satisfactory. You are right, there is no excuse for "screwing" up eggs that way. We will make no excuses for that. If you choose to give us another try, and we hope you do! Let us know that it is your preference to have your French Toast soaked more than we already do. Again please accept my apology and hope to see you again at the Shack!
Boston
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Super friendly staff, immaculate little restaurant with great homemade food and breads. Highly recommend! The coffee was also excellent, and it was served in large mugs.

Visited July 2013
James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Shack. We do have some big cups of Joe! Our Coffee is some Java love out of Maine. Thanks again, and hope to see you again at the Shack!
“Very good start to our morning”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My 11 year old and I had breakfast here. He had pancakes, which came with ham, and he ordered an egg ($4!) on the side. The ham and egg were declared "delicious" but he was disappointed in the pancakes (they were overcooked). I had the madamme breakfast sandwich - it was huge and delicious. I would eat here again, but since the pancakes were a non-starter - and the reason he wanted to eat breakfast out - we won't be back this trip.

• Visited July 2013
James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for giving the Shack a try. So sorry about your son's pancake, and hopefully you let the server know, I am certain we would have tried to correct the issue.

Glad you enjoyed the Madamme and yes it is quite the meal! Hope you give us another shot on your next trip to the Valley! Thanks again from all of us at the Shack!