“Great breakfast, priced right too.”
Review of The Sunrise Shack

The Sunrise Shack
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Bartlett
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a 49 seat Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant located on Stanley's Hill in Beautiful Glen NH! "Comfort Food with a Funky Mountain Vibe" Making everything from scratch and serving generous portions, at reasonable prices. At the Shack we try to serve local products when ever possible. Also, we have Beers on tap and in the bottle, a compact offerings of wine, Mimosa's and we are home to the Bloody Sunrise (a Bloody Mary served with Tuckerman's Pale Ale instead of Vodka.
Epping, New Hampshire
“Great breakfast, priced right too.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My daughter, grandson and I drove from the seacoast and had a great meal. Smoked salmon on a bagel with herbed cream cheese and red onion was to die for. I was great because my grandson wanted a burger and it was not a problem, the french fries are hand cut and chips are homemade. My daughter had a great breakfast sandwich with homefries. Everything including the service was great.

See you again soon!

James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for your kind review! We are extremely happy that you and your family enjoyed your meal at the Shack! See you soon!

Gorham, New Hampshire
“Average Breakfast Experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had read the excellent reviews, so decided to give this new little place a try. It was very busy, but we only had to wait a few minutes for the staff to get a table ready for us. Place was very clean. Waitress was very pleasant. I had to ask for water, which never got refilled. She did ask the others for a coffee refill once. We waited a fairly long time for breakfast to actually get served. When my blueberry pancakes finally arrived, they were cooked on the outside, but not on the inside! The wait staff apologized profusely when I brought it to their attention, and brought new ones with all new bacon and a new container of maple syrup.

My husband enjoyed his "Yard Sale" breakfast bowl. One of our friends said her French toast was average. Her husband did not care for the corned beef hash (prepared with a lot of diced carrots, which he did not like), althougth that is more of a preference thing, I think. He said his omelet was just average, too.

All in all, it was an average breakfast... nothing to get all excited about.

1 Thank Mary W
James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at the Shack. We do strive to make everyone's experience great. We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Thanks for the feed back and for stopping in! It is appreciated.
Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
“Just Ok”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went in on Sunday before hitting the slopes over at cranmore, the first thing i was disappointed in they only has substitute sugar, or raw sugar, no slenda or reg sugar, it was tough drinking it with no sugar, the wait staff was ok, we had the basic breakfast, my eggs where ok but not much flavor, bacon was good, but very thin, and my toast was darker then i like almost burnt, and the homefries looked like boiled potatos with some seasoning on them, they needed to be browned on the grill, my wife had the basic breakfast as well, asked for her scramled eggs, loose , they came out way over done, and her sausage was homemade, (it needs work) , i knew it was new, they have a lot of compatiton in the valley, so i hope they improve to suceed, the restaurant is very nice, and clean, maybe we will try lunch

1 Thank David N
James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at the Shack. We are sorry to hear that your visit was less than satisfactory. We have added another sweetener to our tables, and have granulated sugar in the kitchen in the case that we receive a request. We want all of our guests to leave happy and fueled for the day. Hope that you will consider trying the Shack again! Thanks again for the feedback, as always we appreciate it.
Berlin, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

It can be difficult for my family to find a place we can all agree on, so The Sunrise Shack is an instant hit for us. My kids get traditional pancake or french toast breakfasts (and at only $4.00 each I believe) and my husband and I can enjoy the more creative and unique offerings. We also love that it offers breakfast all day. We'll be back and at this rate often!

1 Thank MattandJen_B_
James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for the praise of your recent visit to the Shack! We love hearing that people enjoyed their time and all efforts were made to make our guests pleased! Keep bringing those kiddos back! Thanks again and see ya soon at the Shack!
Gorham, New Hampshire
“Good food but a bit pricey”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stopped in and we were lucky to get a table as this place has been packed since opening day. I had the shrimp po boy which was quite good and I opted to upgrade to the fries for a few $ more (I think it was $1 or $2 more) instead of chips. I was very disappointed on how little fries came with it - about 1 small potato cut into wedges. I was even more bummed since they were pretty tasty and wanted more. Hubby had the clam chowder which was thick and tasty and the hogs in a quilt (chorizo pigs in a blanket). He too upgraded from chips to onion rings (was shocked to see that they were even more $ upcharge then the fries!). Again, good food but terribly disappointed on how much they upcharge for fries and rings...c'mon....potatoes and onions are cheap!

James D, Owner at The Sunrise Shack, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Sunrise Shack. We listen to all of our customer opinions and appreciate every review. We believe we have created a unique menu with varied prices and styles of food.

Again thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, and hope you will come to see us again in the near future.