“We love it here!!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Ashford, Connecticut
“We love it here!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My family stayed in cottage 8. This is our second time staying here and in the same cottage. It's the perfect place for our family of four. We were happy to see the addition if a fire pit and used it almost every night. The owners are unbelievably nice and helpful. For those with kids they have a swings, and some outdoor toys and a pool. I recommend staying at Sky Valley!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly J
Dave E, Owner at Sky Valley Motel & Cottages, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Manager, Maureen, said that everyone would really appreciate the fire-pits and gas grills that we put at each cottage. As usual, she was right.

We are glad to hear that everything was just as expected and we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.

Look forward to seeing you next time you get to Bartlett !

Dave

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
West Roxbury
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Sky Valley, cottage 5, for our family trip to Santa's Village and Story Land at the end of June. The cottage was the perfect size for 4 adults and a toddler, with room to spare. The staff was very accommodating and had lots of tips for the best dining and shopping. Loved the pool. The firepit was a big hit. Would definitely stay there in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen K
Dave E, Owner at Sky Valley Motel & Cottages, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your Sky Valley experience.

As always, we are glad to hear that everything was enjoyable and just as you expected. This being our second in a row positive review of Cottage #5, it seems all the work we did there during May and June has been well received. We are are constantly upgrading one thing or another to keep everyone happy with Sky Valley.

We look forward to seeing you again whenever you get to Bartlett.
Hudson, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was my first time staying here, we stayed in cabin 5 and it was awesome, The only bad thing I could say about it was some of the electric outlets were lose and I could not plug things into them but there were plenty of outlets so it wasn't a big deal the list of good things far outweighs that, the beds were very comfortable the cottage was the perfect size the ac blew very cold air, the fire pit and grill were right outside our door, the pool was great and having the saco river out back was nice to next time I will make a whole afternoon of hanging out by the river, the cottage was clean and the people who work there I think the owners were really nice, the pool was also great, so lots of great things and we will be back next yr, I would recommend this place to anyone, also the ice cream stand across the street was amazing, best ice cream I have ever had and the park there is great for kids, I look forward to going back next yr

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank tanya q
Dave E, Owner at Sky Valley Motel & Cottages, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Yes...you get to deal directly with people who care and strive to make your visit pleasant and memorable. In this case, probably Maureen, Alice and Dave.

About the plugs... we started our spring projects in Cottage 5, which involved redoing bathroom walls, ceilings and floor, replaced the kitchen floor, repainted ceilings, brought the bathroom electric outlets "up to code" and just about when we thought we were done, discovered that the furnace for heat and hot water had reached its useful life, so another week got used up replacing that. Then we had one day left to get it ready for an incoming reservation...and you found out the one thing we overlooked...a few more plugs should have been replaced. I'm sure that's a longer excuse than you wanted to hear, but that's how things sometimes go around here. We always find more to do than we have time to get to, but we definitely do try..
To finish on a positive note, we are happy that a few loose plugs was your only issue.

And you are right, there is so much to use, experience and enjoy at Sky Valley it almost always makes for a perfect family venue, and that's what we are always working to enhance.

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts, we really appreciate it. And we look forward to your return visit whenever you get to Bartlett again!

Dave
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We just got back from spending the long weekend in cottage number 5 at Sky Valley. We have 2 small boys and there was plenty of room for all of us. The cottage was clean and had most things you would need to cook while away. They are in the middle of making some updates, and I know it will be beautiful when it is done. Nothing is too far away (office, playground, or river), but the cottages are spaced very well for privacy and it was very quiet. The management was very friendly and answered any questions we had. We weren't able to take advantage of the playground and outside space as much as we would have liked due to the weather, but it was set up nicely. About 10 minutes from Storyland and 15 minutes from North Conway, it was a good location at a very reasonable price. We will definitely stay there again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LTAT
Dave E, Owner at Sky Valley Motel & Cottages, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write of your good experience at Sky Valley. When you arrived we had just finished replacing bathroom walls, ceilings and new paint, along with an unexpected expense of replacing the heating/hot water boiler. It's a beautiful unit...too bad no one sees it, or cares much about that stuff, as long as it works ! We still need to go back and finish up the ceiling moldings and a few other odds-n-ends.

The weather has improved somewhat and we just started filling up the pool today.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Bartlett.

Dave/Maureen
+++++++++++++++++
Kensington, NH
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I just got home the afternoon of 3/31/14, and hate to sound redundant, but once again had nothing but a good experience at Sky Valley. This time I went by myself, without son and husband as I needed some "self" time, and totally enjoyed it! Dave and Maureen were attentive but not intrusive, making sure I had what I needed for a comfortable stay, and made sure I knew how the heat worked in Chalet 3 (a big place for one person!) I used my snowshoes around the property, and had a wonderful workout while enjoying the great semi-winter weather at Sky Valley! Chalet 3 was spotless, everything was where I needed it to be as far as information on the property, where to shop for necessities, etc etc etc. I also thoroughly enjoyed the consistently warm temperature in the shower - a lot of places I have stayed have needed constant adjusting of the water temperature as it fluctuates constantly, and this has never been a problem for me at Sky Valley, no matter when or where I stay. My recommendation? STAY here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
"Nothing but a good experience...again". Five stars out of five. We are glad to hear everything was perfect. I have nothing else to add.

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts.

Dave & Maureen
Portland, Maine
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed at Sky Valley with my girlfriends for a midwinter break and what an amazing choice we made! The property is technically closed in the winter but they rent out their big chalet. When we arrived everything was perfect. Chalet was clean and smelled clean. Nice large open kitchen, dining and living area was comfortable and fully stocked with dishes and cooking pans...even a dishwasher with detergent! TV was a nice flat screen and a big table to play games on and have dinner after a day of skiing at Attitash which is a few minutes up the road. Nice wood stove added to the experience though the place had adequate heat without it.

Bedrooms were nice. One small bunk like room reminded us of summer camp plus 2 other bedrooms, one with a queen and the other with a double and twin. All were comfy. Bathroom nice but small though nice clean fluffy towels made up for it.

The owners were nice and told us to call them if we needed anything during our stay. The chalet was spotless and we were impressed and can't wait to visit again this summer so we can enjoy the pool and grilling out.

Room Tip: Chalet would be great for a family or group.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Another five star...we like those.

Glad everything was exactly as expected. Look forward to seeing you again this summer.

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts.

Maureen and Dave
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here in january on a sking trip. I have heard so much about the white mountains, and wanted to see what the hype was. I stayed at the sky valley they were nice to start out but became very rude as tine went by. From the looks of sky valley online looks very nice but when you show up it looks like you are in dodge city.rooms were cozy but dirty, heat barley works and i guess the bugs come for free with yr room. These people get very angry when mention any problems with yr room. Please learn how to deal with people, and take care of yr motel you'll probably get more customers.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank dewieal
Dave E, Owner at Sky Valley Motel & Cottages, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Trip Advisor says they don't knowingly post phony reviews, but this one seems to have slipped past their radar. How do I know?

Simple...our motel is not open in January when these folks said they were here. From November till April we only keep one of our units open and it's a large three bedroom chalet. (Not exactly the "cozy" little room they stayed in.) During January the Chalet was rented only three times to different families that I specifically remember and I know dewieal from Woburn was not one of them. There were no issues with the heat during January and bugs are not very prevalent during January either.

We don't know what ax these folks have to grind, but we are hopeful that Trip Advisor will remove this obvious fictional account of their impossible January visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Bartlett Inn
#2 of 3 in Intervale
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Sky Valley Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!