“Best Stop Ever! Don't pass this place by.”
Review of Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Bartlett
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: 40 Seat restaurant serving lunch and dinner. Specializes in seafood, but also serves great pizza, burgers, salads, and chicken. Offers kiddie meals. Serves beer and wine, including 9 New England craft beers on tap.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Starving after a long weekend of hard hiking my sisters and I decided to stop at this really cute restaurant before heading back to Connecticut. I must say that I am so happy that we did. Not only did we find out that the owners were from CT, but we all live in the same town. Some may call that coincidence, but I call it fate! The food was amazing! Chili, buffalo chicken sandwich with fries, lobster roll (yes that it a CT thing) clam strips, blueberry pie and pumpkin ice cream were delicious! We were never rushed, the staff was super nice and the interior was by far the epitome of country charm, from the bear standing on the box to reach the bees nest overflowing with honey to the wood chairs and antlers on the windows. This place is a MUST! Do not drive by!

Dawn R, Owner at Cabin Fever, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

It was just as much a great experience for us as it was you. Not only do we love to see our customers happy, but you girls brought such good cheer in with you. We loved your visit with us and look forward to seeing you again. Since you all live in our hometown maybe we will meet again down there by bringing down my chili for you :)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a great restaurant! We stopped there because it was close, but would return again now that we know how good it is. Yes, it can get busy--for good reason, as it has great food at a great price--although we did not wait long. We had the lobster salad which was yummy. The owners came here from a seafood restaurant and it shows--lovely fresh lobster expertly prepared, as good as any we have had on the Maine coast. Along with a nice draft beer and a fresh green salad and luscious fries, this was a super supper! The owner/waitress, Dawn was friendly and helpful. We wish Dawn and her husband success and have no doubt they will find it, as others get the "fever" for this delicious food.

Dawn R, Owner at Cabin Fever, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thanks for the great review! It was such a pleasure serving you not once, but twice on your vacation. I love to meet people like yourselves. Your friendly smiles make a great addition to Cabin Fever. Thank you for spending time with us and we are so happy to see you enjoy your stay.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were starved by the time we had driven through the State Park (passing up the "Snack Stands" there). The "Home Made Pies" sign caught our attention. We didn't have very high expectations, but we were pleasantly surprised to find this little gem. A newly remodeled restaurant with an eclectic, creative menu. Fast, friendly service. Very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Dr_Marc_Wilson
Dawn R, Owner at Cabin Fever, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Well thank you for the great review! It is so nice to have customers leaving happy with us. We hope you can come back again for another visit!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was super excited that the special was Lobster Mac and Cheese... but it was mediocre... the sauce was grainy, and the lobster was OVER COOKED :/ However, my boyfriend ordered a delicious burger, and we shared a slice of apple pie afterwards, which was also good. The atmosphere was friendly, and the restaurant definitely felt like a cabin. Not a terrible experience, but I probably won't drive out of the way to stop by this restaurant again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I'd love to comment on the cuisine, but alas, we were seated and then ignored.forgotten for over 20 minutes. Two wait staff, and 5-6 tables occupied ... including us. We waited..and tried to catch an eye, and waited, and waited some more --but no one noticed us. It's not a big place, and we know we could have brought attention to our plight, but ...really why should we have to? We finally got up and walked the 20 feet to the door and left, As we were exiting we got "thanks for coming" ...doubt they figured it out...
We went down the road to the WM Cider Co., had an ***exceptional meal,***exceptional service****--for about 2x the price. You get what you pay for.

1  Thank S2toot
Dawn R, Owner at Cabin Fever, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

I am truly sorry for the mistake that caused your bad experience here. It was my fault, and I really am sorry. Both of us waitresses thought your table belonged to the other one. I realized when you left what happened and I felt terrible. If you ever would like to come back I would like to make it up to you. I am glad you enjoyed your dinner at WM Cider Co. we agree they are very good, they are our neighbors and friends.