“Absolutely Horrible”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
NY
“Absolutely Horrible”
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I want to start off by saying that I am a very easy-going person and I usually enjoy myself wherever I go, regardless of the shortcomings that my hotel or resort may have. Seasons at Attitash was the first place I have ever stayed that actually upset me enough to hate it and want to leave. I cannot believe that they call themselves an establishment. If I could give a 0-star rating, Seasons would get it. This "resort" ruined our vacation as we experienced such things as a sludgy green-colored pool, an extremely rude and offensive staff and manager, and a clubhouse where half of the games and activities were either broken or unavailable. None of these things changed or improved during our entire stay, causing me to believe that this wasn't an isolated experience but rather a constant, year-round problem. There were even some things that weren't there that their website specifically advertised as having! Stay away at all costs - there are plenty of other nice hotels and resorts around the area that actually enhance your stay, not take away from it.

• Liked — The unit was pretty nice overall
  • Disliked — The staff - very unprofessional and rude with no people skills (for a job that heavily requires it)
  • Stayed June 2008

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Hampshire
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We stayed for a 3 day/midweek and we travelled with another family.

The condo was okay in its entirety, but the the desk personnel at the club house was very confusing. Because we rented out the unit from a rental agency, the desk personnel gave us a little attitude, because we didn't book with them. As for the amenities, the computers were down and the WiFi was out. Also, the pool was not only cloudy, but very green. Many of the arcade games had jammed coin slots. Not a very good clubhouse.

Also we did have an issue with the advertising of the unit. It stated that we'd have a washer and dryer and we were very disappointed that this particular unit had theirs locked up. The rental agency was nice enough to reimburse us for the laundromat that is located across the street, but who wants to take time out of a vacation watching out for towels that could cost alot of money if they should go missing? I don't really think that this set up and set of problems are unique to the seasons, so I will now know better to ask a lot more questions before I rent, even those questions that I used to think it was just common sense. Everything they advertise about the unit has to be clarified and thoroughly questioned BEFORE you click.

I would definately rent from this agency again. But I will be more prepared to deal with some of those ambiguous desk personnel that had a chip on his shoulder...

Pick up the phone and do some real investigative questioning...

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — being snubbed at the clubhouse desk
Hanover, MA
Reviewed July 20, 2008

We stayed here for a weekend and were pleased with how spacious and clean our two-bedroom, two bath unit was. The unit had a washer/dryer, dishwasher, and three television sets. All rooms had A/C. We did have to bring our own coffee and laundry detergent, but there was dishwashing detergent provided. Our condo had a large balcony with a beautiful view of the mountains.

The location right up the road from Storyland was great. A convenience store and grocery store are in between Seasons and Storyland.

The Saturday night bonfire is in a small fire pit. We did enjoy roasting marshmallows (bring your own), but I wouldn't count on this being a major evening activity. We probably stayed fifteen minutes or so.

We did not use the pool but I overheard a guest mentioning that the pool looked much better than when she had first arrived, so I'm guessing the problems I read about in earlier reviews had been cleared up.

Previously we stayed in one hotel room when we visited Storyland; Seasons cost us $200 less with much more space.

We were happy with our unit and would definitely stay at Seasons again when visiting Storyland.

Stayed July 2008
Connecticut
Reviewed July 15, 2008

My husband and our 2 children (2yr and 5 mos) and our friends and their 2 children (2yr and 1yr) stayed here for a week. We stayed in 16G. We thought it was a great value for the ammendities (full kitchen, dining, etc). It is hard for us (both families) to eat out with the kids due to food allergies and so we were looking for the full kitchen facilities and dining area as well- which were really great. The kitchen also had a dishwasher which was wonderful and a stacked washer &dryer which handled large loads surprisingly well. We loved the loft area for the adults, but very very bad for young children who could easily climb the rails and take a plunge and the stairs going up to the loft were very uneven. My husband and I stayed up in the loft with our two kids. We brought baby gates with us so we were able to place one between the sofa and the bunk bed to block the kids from going anywhere near the rails or stairway down. The 2 bedrooms downstairs were nice- master BD very spacious. We rented an air conditioned unit which I highly recommend especially if you get a penthouse. A few minor things that we didn't like were- the balconies are useless because there were uncountable wasp and bee hives. At night when the wasps and bees are sleeping, you still can't use them because they have these automatic porch lights that come on and attract all of the ENORMOUS night bugs! If you could shut the light off at all maybe it would have been better. I saw in another review that the pool filter was broken that week- that explains the strange color of the pool- we were all wondering what was wrong with it. When we went to the pool it was very warm, we didn't have the cold water experience. The playground was fun for the kids, but no shade at all- it's in the sun all day long so the slides and other playthings can get really hot. The buildings need a little exterior work, but inside the unit we stayed in was very nice and homely.

• Liked — Price, Full Kitchens, Spacious
  • Disliked — Insects on the balconies, some dangers for small children in unit
Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 14, 2008

We stayed here last summer and had a great time. We had a beautiful unit and no complaints at all.
We decided to stay here again last week, but this time we were disappointed in several ways. The pool was very cloudy the whole week we were there, and the hot tub was broken for several days when we first got there. (When I got home, I realized I had an ear infection which may or may not have been related to the cloudy pool.) I also found the desk personnel to be less friendly and attentive than last year. I sat in a vinyl deck chair and the leg broke causing me to fall to the ground. I moved the chair to the back of the deck and reported the accident to the front desk. Fortunately, I was not hurt. The two people at the desk looked at me like I had two heads, and neither asked if I was okay, or apologized for the chair breaking on me. Two days later, I noticed the broken chair was still on the deck exactly where I had left it. What gives???
Also, we rented directly from an owner this time, which was problematic. The owner never advised us we had to bring our own sheets and towels, so that was a big surprise when we got up there. I have rented several condos before, and was always supplied sheets and towels. Toward the end of our week, I found a man walking around looking in the windows of our unit, and when I questioned him, he told me the unit was scheduled to be auctioned off that day, due to a bank foreclosure. That was another little problem. Fortunately, someone else showed up with a notice stating the auction was postponed until August. All in all, this can be a great place to stay, but the management needs to address a few problems and renters need to be aware of potential problems when renting directly from the owner.

• Liked — Location: near places we hike, bike, fish, swim, etc. Lots of room, reasonable rates.
  • Disliked — The cloudy (dirty) pool and broken hot tub. Premises seemed somewhat neglected this time.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 11, 2008

We rented a condo direct from the owner. The condo was huge with 2 bedrooms, a loft with bunkbed and pull out sofa and an additional sofa bed in the living room. The pool was old and was so cold it was uncomfortable. The filter on the pool broke when we were there so the water was really murky. Overall the condo was good but the clubhouse needs some updating/rfurbishing.

• Liked — Size - condo was huge
  • Disliked — Cold pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We stayed at Seasons for 4 nights on their midweek Ski & Stay special. We (2 adults) skied for 3 of those days, and the price for the entire package was very reasonable.

As other reviewers have noted, each condo is privately owned. We were lucky and had a beautiful 2BR, 2BA condo (7A). It was very clean and very well furnished, and included 2 TVs, a fireplace, and a well-stocked kitchen (with respect to cooking utensils).

Because we went midweek, check in was a breeze, and parking was fine too (although I can see how other people would have trouble during busy times).

We did run out of hot water in the afternoon, after we returned from skiing. Although it was irritating, after that, we just kept our showers shorter, and it wasn't an issue.

We did have extra blankets on hand, but the condo was very warm and we didn't need them. The W/Ds in the condo were invaluable.

Overall, we wouldn't hesitate to return. For the price and location and condo amenities, it's unbeatable. Please feel free to ask any questions.

• Liked — Location, amenities
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to The Seasons Condominium Resort? Share your experiences!