“Staff makes the difference here!”

Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed September 11, 2008

I came here as part of a group meeting and was here for three nights and four days. I absolutely loved it. It's not the newest or the fanciest, but its staff helps it stand out.
The first two nights I stayed in a one-bedroom suite, which was outfitted with a queen bed in one room and a queen Murphy bed and queen sofabed, plus a small kitchenette and generous table for six and small balcony. The last night was in a studio suite, which has the kitchenette, table and chairs, and a queen Murphy bed and sofabed. The rooms are good-sized compared to more recently built hotels that skimp on size.
The decor of the hotel is in need of updating, but is in good condition and still attractive.
The noticeable difference at this hotel is the staff. Over the time that we were here, they were unfailingly attentive and very personable. We felt more than welcome here. When I was trying to plan my drive over from Vermont, I called and got the usual recording, but when I punched the choice for reservations, the person who answered gave me advice on routes to take right away, none of this "I'll transfer you" stuff when she found out I wasn't calling for a reservation after all. When I was worried about arriving before dark as I drove over, the reservations desk person gave me good time estimates and landmarks, and assured me she'd be on duty til 9 p.m. and happy to guide me if I called again on my cellphone if I indeed did get lost after dark. A special shout out to Judy, the concierge, who is a friendly, knowledgeable and for our group, mom-like in her thoughtfulness.
The hotel is in a great location for sightseeing and skiing (of course) and most of all, it's a comfortable place to be.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BetterthanBings

Reviewed September 4, 2008

My family of five visits this hotel at least once a year, we have for many years. It's in a great location, wonderful pool and jacuzzi, convenient to all kinds of attractions such as Story Land, horseback riding, Attitash alpine slide, etc...The rooms are clean and sizable and the staff friendly. However, I have two cautions to offer those staying at the Grand Summit.

Recently, they included breakfast with the reservation. The breakfast is a buffet, okay, but nothing fancy. It is pricey if you were to walk off the street and eat at this restaurant (Crawford's). When you eat here as part of your reservation, remember THE TIP IS INCLUDED!!! Do not tip extra. We did both mornings of our stay and, of course, the waitress never brought this error to our attention. Also, on another occasion I gave the waiter a $20.00 for a $7.00 bill and he "forgot" to give me change for the $20.00. Just be aware of it as it sort of left us feeling a little cheated. Lastly, when you book a package with this hotel (horses, alpine slide, story land) you cannot change it to a regular reservation, so unless you're absolutely sure you want the package, just book a regular reservation (room only) and then ADD the package when you are sure of your plans.

Reviewed August 26, 2008

Overall a good time with the kids

Pool was great-heated
two whirlpools next to pool
room was good size and clean
close to storyland other attractions

the hallways could use some work but was pleasantly surpised once in the room.

not much of a selection of food, alhtough we had free breakfast buffet which was tasty.

didnt realize the alpine slide, etc required a car ride

Reviewed August 19, 2008

This was a great stay for the money , We booked it as a package with Story land and thought (Still think) we got a great deal. A was a little worried when I got off the elevator and saw the hall ways were so so.. But the room was clean as a whistle. Looked like a new room but a small TV (Hey Attatash people like at least 36" tv's c'mon now...), No room safe but hey thats why we use credit cards and dont carry cash, Bottled water was $3.00 each so bring your own, Nice view, nice bath, no table to eat but that was Ok. Had a desk though. Pool was nice, jaccuzi was (hot) and nice, Restaurant was OK. (Dont order the scallops shrimp and pasta (Over cooked and they forgot to add any flavor). Kids had pasta and hot dog and they ate it. Wife had burger which was great she said. Both of us had Potato skins which were 100% perfect. Service was above average. Breakfast buffet was perfect. Helpful staff, overall a hotel I would stay at every time we go to Conway area.

Tlmsca@verizon.net any questions.

Reviewed July 31, 2008

We found this Hotel by chance as we were passing through the White Mountains area and needed a place to stay for a night. It is in an imposing setting - very close to many of the attractions in the area. The front desk staff were very helpful and when I enquired if breakfast was included in the rate gave us a very good deal - a huge family suite with two rooms, three double beds and full cooked breakfast for the whole family for $254. They even quoted taxes included which I liked and which is very unusual in the USA where it is the norm for about 10% to be added later.

All the staff were helpful from the bellboy who got one of the extra beds made up in a couple of minutes to the front desk staff who gave us maps of walks in the area and genuinely made us feel very welcome even for a one night stay.

We got a very informed political lesson on John Brown and his deadly tussle with the anti-abolitionists from a remarakble waiter at breakfast - there was some minor problem with availability of an item at breakfast - he was anxious that visitors from the old empire (UK) should not think that their rebellious colonial upstarts couldn't keep a stock of vanilla yoghurts!

Unfortunately I left some property at the hotel by mistake and when I phoned them from 300 miles away the following evening they found it and cheerfully arranged for it to be posted back to UK the next day.

A great example of good all-round service - they deserve to be popular.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Fuseman
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We stayed at the Grand Summit as part of a group and found the hotel to be very adequate. The staff was very pleasant, the room was clean and comfortable and quite large. The food in the Restaurant was average , but the portions were large and the staff very helpful. We enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We decided to take a long needed night away and have my daughter & husband ski while I went shopping. We stayed the Thursday night before Good Friday. Check-in was fine and uneventful. Went to dinner in the hotel restaurant. The waitresses were great -- very friendly, helpful, attentive to our daughter. The appetizers were good. The steak my husband got for dinner was the blandest he's ever had. He even used steak sauce to give it some taste and he NEVER uses steak sauce. My shrimp scampi dinner was also pretty flavorless. The desserts were huge and average. Not awful, but average.
The next morning we were awakened at 6 a.m. (an hour and a half before we planned to get up) by the sound of a truck's back-up signial. Turns out our room is directly over the loading dock. Who designs a hotel with a guest room directly over the hotel room. This is a conference center -- they could easily have put the conference rooms over the loading dock. When I checked out an mentioned to the desk staff that our room was over the loading dock, she basically ignored me -- not a hint of sympathy or acknowledgment that might be a concern.
Breakfast was part of our package -- don't bother. Again the waitress (different from the night before) was great and very attentive to our daughter, even bringing her a selection of cold cereals to choose from when the one she had ordered was unavailable. However the rest of breakfast took a long time to arrive, and the toast was cold (and unbuttered, bleh), and again not much flavor to the food. I think they need a spice rack in their kitchen!
We didn't use the pool. There were a ton of young (3 & 4 year olds) running around free which didn't seem to concern anyone. So it's certainly "child-friendly". Don't know that I'd stay there again, though.
There was a shuttle down to the ski lifts, which was helpful.
However, my husband said it took 1.5 hours -- yes an hour and a half -- to rent skiis for our 7 year old daughter. They were completely understaffed for the amount of people there.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank trsf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
North Conway Grand Hotel
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#6 of 12 in Bartlett
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to Attitash Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!